Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVB-T Stick for FR24 Feed

Passenger

DVB-T Stick for FR24 Feed

Hello,

I am using a pen stick to feed FR24. I have carefully followed the instructions but it seems I have two problems. I don't know if this is the right section to post this problem however I would like some help.

1- The software says the network is OFF when I have checked and it is all connected (I am using a 100mbps internet connection)​ - ​check image attached.

2- A lot of planes have passed (see in the RTL1090 in the picture attached) but still I have the message saying "No aircraft, at least 2 required". When there is one passing the message changes to "Too few aircraft".

fr24.png

Thanks very much in advance.

Super Moderator
    I can see there you are not using the /30003 switch, software Server is outputting on 31001 which (unless changed) the feeder software isn't listening on

As seen part way down this page.

Passenger
    Hello Oblivian,

Thank you for your reply. But I have enabled the /30003 - Basestation type TCP port. What else do I need to do?

Super Moderator
    Whoops I left the link out.

Follow this visual guide for a start. http://www.flightradar24.com/dvbt-stick

Passenger
    I have followed that link over and over :/

Super Moderator
    Well if you have sucessfully changed the server port, it should now display differently on RTL and the feed software. Does it? If not, it's still not right.

You should at least see basestation:OK if RTL is responding

Super Moderator
    On second thought I note it already says basestation:OK (I took it from your description incorrectly)

What sort of region are you, just because you see data does not mean they are all GPS enabled, which the feed SW needs to have a lock on.

Aircraft such as Dash-8 etc do not often tx their data fully

Passenger
    I am in Lisbon, Portugal 5km away from the airport. All aircrafts have to pass through my house to land at the airport that is the reason why I decided to give it a go

I am only concerned with the fact that "Network" is OFF (I assume it must be ON). But as you can see other parameters like BS are ON.

Super Moderator
    That only comes on once the app has more than 2 _tracked_ aircraft in range, at which time it will send packets to the server and become online

Passenger
    Here is a complete set of images which shows all configurations.

fr24_1.pngfr24_2.pngfr24_3.png

Is it normal for the Basestation to stay "OK [00 AC]"? In the tutorial after OK it has some numbers other than zeros.

By the way here is a video of what happens when an aircraft passes through my house.