X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-RPLL2 Receiver

This is the F-RPLL2 Receiver Near RPLL.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AircraftSpotterPH; 2014-07-26, 23:32.
    Ice
    F-RPLL3

Those antennas would have benefited from a bamboo pole to have lifted them above roof height - even if just by a meter or two.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Didn't notice this post late as I don't look into this particular part of the forum.

But yes, just as Peterhr here suggest, do please raise the antenna a bit with a bracket and pole. That would give it much a better clearance. Your coverage appears VERY similar to RPLL1 (which is offline at the moment), except the east I think. Any particular reason why it is not raised? cable length issue?

Comment

I'd like to jump in here.

Photos can be deceptive. We constantly monitor the performance of all our receivers and the achieved range for F-RPLL2 is excellent - in all directions.

Comment

I will try to raise the antenna higher.
          Ice
          F-RPLL3

Comment

100_1267.jpg100_1256.jpg100_1249.jpg
            I have raised the antenna.
            Last edited by AircraftSpotterPH; 2014-08-03, 06:46.
            Ice
            F-RPLL3

Comment

Nice photos!
              I like the first photo. It shows many different colors on those buildings.
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                I haver raised the antenna.
                Looking good. A quick glance and I think, your range has improved further. Am I right? Yours stats page will tell you.

Comment

100_1286.jpg100_1290.jpg
                  ANTENNA and FR24 BOX
                  Ice
                  F-RPLL3

Comment

F-RPLL2 GPS?

This is the F-RPLL2 Receiver Near RPLL.
                    Welcome to the Philippine feeder bunch! There are 12 of us now. You might want to look at the Flightradar24/FR24 Feeder Chat forum and the Other Forums/Off Topic for articles that help doing stuff.

I noticed your GPS sensor is not outside at the antenna height or as far as the 5 meters of the GPS cabling will allow. That will show the elevation of the antenna above sea level. The GPS sensor cable can be lengthened by splicing a piece of RG59 between both ends if it won't go to the top of your antenna mast. If the cable is too long, simply roll up the excess. Your GPS reported height can be viewed on your receiver status page.

Also tape off your coax connection and any other exposed connections to make it water tight from the monsoonal rains. Water migrating inside the coax can affect your range and oxidize the aluminum shielding making it ineffective.

Your setup is filling in a lot of blank space on the FR24 map overlapping coverage with F-RPLL1 and F-RPLP1 which will make MLAT possible later.

Check out the other forums noted above for possibilities of collaboration with other near by feeders.

John

F-RPVD1
                    Dumaguete
                    Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-08-03, 20:49.

Comment

The 'Antenna Cable' shouldn't be wrap around the stair case railing like in that above photo.
                      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-08-03, 20:31.
                      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                        The 'Antenna Cable' shouldn't be wrap around the stair case railing like in that above photo.
                        There would be "NOISE" in my household if temporary became "PERMANENT" The partner would say..."It works...now tidy it up!!!!"

hostdisconnectbox.jpg

John

F-RPVD1
                        Dumaguete
                        Last edited by paradiselost; 2014-08-03, 21:30.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4543[/ATTACH]
                          I have raised the antenna.
                          Your range definitely has improved at the extremities, I can see more a/c from your receiver. Good news too Baguio has a receiver hopefully range towards the north will be good to extend coverage. Looks pretty much ready for MLAT testing Philippines.

Comment

Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
                            Welcome to the Philippine feeder bunch! There are 12 of us now. You might want to look at the Flightradar24/FR24 Feeder Chat forum and the Other Forums/Off Topic for articles that help doing stuff.

I noticed your GPS sensor is not outside at the antenna height or as far as the 5 meters of the GPS cabling will allow. That will show the elevation of the antenna above sea level. The GPS sensor cable can be lengthened by splicing a piece of RG59 between both ends if it won't go to the top of your antenna mast. If the cable is too long, simply roll up the excess. Your GPS reported height can be viewed on your receiver status page.

Also tape off your coax connection and any other exposed connections to make it water tight from the monsoonal rains. Water migrating inside the coax can affect your range and oxidize the aluminum shielding making it ineffective.

Your setup is filling in a lot of blank space on the FR24 map overlapping coverage with F-RPLL1 and F-RPLP1 which will make MLAT possible later.

Check out the other forums noted above for possibilities of collaboration with other near by feeders.

John

F-RPVD1
                            Dumaguete
                            What Kind Of Tape Should I Use or should i use electrical tape?

And i will try to put the GPS sensor near the ADS-B antenna.

Thanks.
                            Last edited by AircraftSpotterPH; 2014-08-04, 10:01.
                            Ice
                            F-RPLL3

Comment

What Kind Of Tape Should I Use or should i use electrical tape?

And i will try to put the GPS sensor near the ADS-B antenna.

Thanks.
                              Just my thoughts,

The GPS is there for timing precision, especially MLAT. The height is not critical. It would be nice to know your AMSL, but GPS timing comes first. So long the GPS is blinking green the antenna is getting sufficient signal to syncronise the GPS clock. So in a nutshell you need not to lengthen the cable is signal is already good. So long it is somewhere (indoors-window sill/outdoors/wherever) where it can get good GPS signal reception it would be good enough. FR24 team might add into this if they feel necessary on this issue.

For tape... self amalgamating tape is the best. If you can't find them then normally electrical insulation tape can do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X