Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS-3 Raspberry PI FR24

Hi all,

Is there someone who has a step by step manual to use FR24 with a SBS-3 and a Raspberry Pi?

I'm not close with Linux...

73 Ken
    EBAW
    Ken
    Near EBAW

You could put together a dongle + pi radar from scratch and use that as an introduction to Linux.

The FR24 feed project may eventually handle the SBS-3 then you would have the dongle free for something else.

Comment

Tnx for the reply Peter,

All i want is a step by step manual... i don't have an dongle...
      Ken
      Near EBAW

Comment

Originally posted by koro View Post
        Hi all,

Is there someone who has a step by step manual to use FR24 with a SBS-3 and a Raspberry Pi?

I'm not close with Linux...

73 Ken
        EBAW
        Hi Ken,

You raise a question that is kind of a first for a SBS3 + Rpi combination. May I direct you to contact John Carroll and enquire whether his software decodeadsb supports SBS3?

You can find his email at this post http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post40171

Update: Added at 0720UTC.

The software appears to support SBS1. So do check with John whether it works with the SBS3. Give it a go. Hope this helps.
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-07-28, 08:16.

Comment

Do a google search for modesmixer - it may take your data from the SDBS3 and provide the data format required by the FR24 feed.

(there are probably people who know better than be but isn't the SBS also know as the base station, and the FR24 feed program taked data in Base station format to upload it - I wait to be corrected, cos I don't know ... not having experience with sbs what evers)

Comment

Working...
          X