Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor 3D / Cockpit View

Good Morning All,

I'm new to this software, and could do with a little help, please.

In 3D / Cockpit view, the area between the horizon and the first couple of centimetres (on screen) is blurred and or badly pixelated.

My PC runs Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, Intel I7 Haswell CPU with 16Gb RAM. I use the latest version of Chrome, but the problem also exists when using other browsers. I use the latest version of Google Earth.

Is this a known problem? I currently have graphics integrated on the motherboard. Will I need a dedicated graphics card?

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,p993c44

A search on "pixelated" in the forum search gives 3 other threads with the same question.

Comment

I get the same problem, it was attributed here to not having a good enough graphics card or up to date drivers - I upgraded the card to one of the best consumer cards availabl ($200-$300 cost) it made little difference.

What I have found is that if the switch is thrown to show the profile of the plane on the screen at the same time the display improves.

also try going into google earth and change the default startup mode from Direct-X to open GL or vis-versa.

Comment

Hi,
        My thanks to Mike & Peterhr,

I've read the threads under "pixelated" and now understand that I'm not alone with this problem

As an experiment, I've fired up a 10 year old PC with 1Gb Ram, but running Windows 7 32bit and very low spec, (no graphics card) on the same network, and it works perfectly!

Professionally, I'm an IT Systems Manager, and there is definitely more to this than "outdated drivers" or "old / inadequate graphics card". Can it have something to do with 64 bit?? I'm not sure, but.....................

I'll keep my eye on the forum and await developments. There must be many more guys out there with the same problem.

My thanks again,

p993c44

Comment

Mine pixelates on 32 bit W7 and did on XP before that - my feeling is that it's to do with some DirectX 3D acceleration feature that is 'taken advantage of' by the Google API used by the 3D view - possibly the simple graphics chipset doesn't have the feature - so it's not selected. *shrug*

Comment

Out of curiosity, what are the differences between the 2 when you type this into the browser

chrome://gpu/

(http://www.webupd8.org/2014/01/enabl...in-chrome.html)
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Odd.. I've never actually bothered with 3D before, but now that I run a test for you to compare, I find the distant objects tearing only when the central 'aircraft' option is turned off
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

OK Gents,

For those with the issues they can replicate frequently, Can I get you to try something for me.

in chrome:

About : plugins

hit the +Details to the right near the top.

Look under Adobe Flash Player, you should see reference of 2 plugins. Click disable on the NPAPI version (something like C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_14_0_0_ 145.dll)

And leave the pepflashplayer still active. Close browser, reload, revisit 3D and let me know if it changes.

Comment

Blast, there goes that idea. Don't worry. It came back

Comment

Working...
                  X