anz 787 dreamliner second aircraft delivery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anz 787 dreamliner second aircraft delivery

I have been told that air nzew zealand who has the orders in for nine 787 drealiners with the first already in the fleet. The second one will go on show at the Farnborough air show for the public and aircraft enthusiasts to see when it is displayed and open for public viewing. It will then be flown to the air new zealand jet base in NZAA for delivery after the show. two more 773's will be also introduced into the fleet in 2014 - 2015 these will replace the two remaining 744's ZK-NBV & ZK-SUH which has being sold to General Eletric for a engine test jet lovely to see one of the 744's have a life after passenger service. They were also the former Lord of the Rings jets when the movie came out. Zk-SUH will be retired from ANZ fleet sometime in August and flown to it's new operator. ANZ are also looking at replace the first three 772's eventually and remain with Boeing possible of the 777x aircraft.

Err nope

You best correct your source quick smart (especially if it was the one that told you the delivery for the first was a week earlier than it was scheduled).

The aircraft at the airshow is N789EX (line 126), and yes it is slated to be shipped to ANZ. But not now - it is still under Boeing ownership and used for demonstration, under their livery. It will be fully stripped, refitted and delivered as ZK-NZC, (slated to be the 5th delivery) possibly even after the current airframe (213, slated for ZK-NZF) which is making its way through the shop has been delivered

We do not see the 2nd until at least september, to bring them both online in October.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Craig I don't have too check my source quick smart mate I have worked in anz flight ops many years ago and most of the people i know who are still there and pass this onto me which is true and correct and they don't lie about it! I already know when it is due and kept up to date. This is the aircraft going to ANZ as I stated and your date the 5th is not correct. Do you work for anz ? I think you get your info from other sources where I get it straight from the source and it's a hundred per cent correct so I don't see what your problem is with this info as i state yes the plane will be on display at the air show and it will be anz's aircraft regardless if Boeing still have it and it has being brought by ANZ. depending on the delivery it could be late September early October where it's slated for. This comes from ANZ staff who I know well who give me this info . Regardless of a moderator I hope you are not calling me or anz staff who know more then you do liars as well. No offence to you but you have out your foot in the wrong direction

Comment

Well, let me point out the errors in finer detail. Which I never insinuated as you claim, are lies. But you have clearly overlooked.

The second one will go on show at the Farnborough air show
        The second, is in the work line (airframe 213). It even has the tail on it already http://paineairport.com/kpae10546.htm - The one at the airshow is still in Boeing colours, registration and configuration. Nowhere near ready for....
        It will then be flown to the air new zealand jet base in NZAA for delivery after the show.
        Which you quickly downgraded in your second post.

If you look again, I pointed out
        (slated to be the 5th delivery)
        Which is very correct. And a long way off yet. Certainly not 'after the show'

The aircraft that will take part in the Farnborough International Airshow will be the fifth delivered to the airline.
        And if I wanted my name publicly used, I would put it in my profile thanks Andrew.

Or is that Gary Holland. So hard to keep up with all these different personas you post with.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

As a kiwi who myself show respect towards others and not arrogant s or being a know all as you have with your comments Oblivian I suggest two things. Firstly these are people like myself who work in the real world in a airline such as air new zealand where yourself being some one which doesn't mean a lot to the airline industry a moderator on a chat live web site who thrives to get second hand info from other sources which are not accurate most times. You should show more professionalism towards airline staff who know more then yourself. Maybe you don't like people beating you to the news and you want to be the first to spread it. Well wake up to yourself bro and get into the real world of aviation don't live in a child's world . I notice this on this chat some are very senseless with there comments we all see it and laugh it off here at anz. So VA737B you are completely right about your facts and I back you up on that 100 per cent and don't like to be called a liar as well.

Secondly Oblivian the way you talk to people and this blunt attitude you have. You might not be in this moderators position for long even though it has no real meaning to the airline word. Don't be rude be nice

Comment

Nice try mate but excuses and what ever you use or names you come up with or bogus names you accuse airline staff of doesn't help us here in the airline industry mate. Or yourself. so leave it at that. Thank you to the chap below with your comments. Now you know what we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by tokomaru747b View Post
              As a kiwi who myself show respect towards others and not arrogant s or being a know all as you have with your comments Oblivian I suggest two things. Firstly these are people like myself who work in the real world in a airline such as air new zealand where yourself being some one which doesn't mean a lot to the airline industry a moderator on a chat live web site who thrives to get second hand info from other sources which are not accurate most times. You should show more professionalism towards airline staff who know more then yourself. Maybe you don't like people beating you to the news and you want to be the first to spread it. Well wake up to yourself bro and get into the real world of aviation don't live in a child's world . I notice this on this chat some are very senseless with there comments we all see it and laugh it off here at anz. So VA737B you are completely right about your facts and I back you up on that 100 per cent and don't like to be called a liar as well.

Secondly Oblivian the way you talk to people and this blunt attitude you have. You might not be in this moderators position for long even though it has no real meaning to the airline word. Don't be rude be nice
              For one this is a forum, not chat. And If I come across blunt, or openly called someone a liar (which both of you have now falsely accused me of ) I would have been put in my place a long time ago in the moderator forum area, however to date they have supported my actions.

I also Certainly don't strive to be the first to report news, But yep - I do have my own staff contact, but primarily as with this case, I read airline media releases just like the one I quoted above and like to be quick to correct information so it is not misunderstood by others.

Nice try mate but excuses and what ever you use or names you come up with or bogus names you accuse airline staff of doesn't help us here in the airline industry mate
              Not a name I've come up with I'm afraid.

I can clearly see that Mike has already read this thread, and pretty sure he would have dealt to me by now if he thought anything I've posted was out of line. However he has probably discovered the exact same thing as me.

Rather strange that a user would out of the blue join within the same timeframe as the 2nd post was made, with an astonishingly similar name format and post layout with such the feeling to make a strong a personal attack, when there have been thousands of previous opportunities in the past (infact 1,408)

But hey, if N789EX turns up as you state as our 2nd delivery against their own media release in the next couple of days as first claimed I'll sit here astounded then.

In the meantime, here's something to bring things back down to ground level.
              A screenshot of a user we banned recently for duplicating accounts and abusing FR staff and making absurd claims against the site. Funny right?. However apparently a shift to a different connection type has changed their IP. But only just a little.

panamair.jpg
              Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-07-16, 05:34. Reason: img fix

Comment

Oblvian i understand your frustration in this matter but perhaps to clear things up better with you. Being as I am in the financial section of anz for many years now based in Auckland for which i also do sales and deliveries of aircraft to the anz fleet. I would like to point out to you that this anz media release site is not all correct and over time some announcements have being pulled from the site and reinstated in a different way. Before you or the public get the news we have it under close scrutiny and some thins anz don't want to be made public are kept out of the public eye as do many airlines who have press media site. The site is not always updated within a 24 hour period which I am assuming you said fr24 update this every 24hrs. It is up to anz to decide when the time is appropriate to advertise material for aircraft deliveries or retirements.. You may not be aware that since the last updated media release on the site occurs it's old news to us new to you and then more info comes into our hands which again is under close scrutiny before it's put up for the public to see. anz CEO and Boeing which the announcement will come across the media press release soon that the second delivery of anz 787 dreamliner has being purchased. On the agreement Boeing is responsible for it's testing in flight and will go to this air show in the livery colours of anz. As you stated it will be stripped and repainted to the anz decals. This is not correct or true at all. Boeing cannot afford any more delays for deliveries so the new livery will be on the aircraft at this show as the CEO of anz has stated. So look out fot this media release soon it will appear on the site of anz.Don't forget we get the info before the media do or the public. So we no what is going on. I rest this coment

Comment

Interesting, since all of the information I've heard matches what Oblivian has said. When the 787 turns up at the airshow in Boeing colours, someone's going to have a hat to eat

Comment

Originally posted by Tahii View Post
                    Interesting, since all of the information I've heard matches what Oblivian has said. When the 787 turns up at the airshow in Boeing colours, someone's going to have a hat to eat
                    I note today that there is a B787-9 at Farnborough in Boeing livery.farnborough-airshow-787-9-boeing.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      I note today that there is a B787-9 at Farnborough in Boeing livery.[ATTACH=CONFIG]4391[/ATTACH]
                      That'd be the one I pointed out N789EX. Featured in the boeing released practice-run demo video Posted around the world (and in a thread here I posted to) just after it had filmed it and made its way to the show 6 days ago for display flight (now since filmed from the ground on tuesday ) http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N789EX

Which is what lead to this rather lengthy 'I doubt it' saga about it being delivered straight after.

Comment

Some more photos of it in the air at Farnborough here:

Comment

Working...
                        X