Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Alias

Hi All
    I have recently set up the FLIGHTRADAR24 box and all seems to be going well but it has raised a number if issues that I would like to clarify.
    My range goes out in excess of 250 nautical miles.
    Why does my alias used in the radar ID box rarely show even though the plane is actually directly overhead?
    Is there a position list of other radar sites in my area?
    What does the different prefix letters to radar sites mean ie "F" "T" etc

My data reports show that my box is seeing plenty of action.

Thanks
    Jerry

In short: FR24 picks the best signals and combines them. Not showing your radar ID means nothing.

To find other radars go to Filter > Radar:
    And in my case i type: F-EH or T-EH and the radars will show up.

And:

Radar: NET1 = Users feeding from Planeplotter software.
    Radar: T-F4V = Network receivers all over the world from AirNav Systems ADS-B Data Network.
    Radar: T-FAX = Network receivers all over the world.
    Radar: F-xxxx = FR24 boxes / Hardware feeders.
    Radar: T-xxxx = Users owned boxes uploading to FR24 / Software feeders.
    Radar: N-xxxx = Networked SBS-1 users uploading.
    Radar: R12* R13* are just temporary codes assigned automatically by the system, before FR24 receivers have been assigned correct code manually.
    Radar: R1a* = Temporary Radar codes on the upload Software & Server.

is there any one can tell me what is the difference between these radars (XXXX) (N-XXXX) (T-XXXX) Thanks in advance

NET1 are the people feeding from Planeplotter.
    xxxx is our first "ModeS.exe" Windows software.
    N-xxxx is the "old" NET2 network, a network that FR24 is working with.
    N-xxxx is also used by our FR24 receiver that we are installing on strategic places.
    T-xxxx is our new Windows software (still in late beta testing stage).

Our goal is to move all feeders from xxxx to T-xxxx in about 2 months time. 100 are already moved and we hope to have 200 moved before the end of April.
    Hi Some correction Laos Radar is T-VLVT1 and we also have T-VTBS1-4 for Suvarnabhumi Airport Kanok _________________________________________________________________________________ This is the link to the Feeder Station List: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/6783-Flightradar24-com-Feeder-Station-List

F-PP1

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
      In short: FR24 picks the best signals and combines them. Not showing your radar ID means nothing.

To find other radars go to Filter > Radar:
      And in my case i type: F-EH or T-EH and the radars will show up.

And:

is there any one can tell me what is the difference between these radars (XXXX) (N-XXXX) (T-XXXX) Thanks in advance

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post41384

Hi Jarod
      Thanks for the reply
      I am getting there, but your reply although helpful still leaves me with a couple of unanswered questions.
      When I tried the filter option using your suggestion I see you have to select the radar from a list and mine isn't there, any ideas as I can't type it in either.

The other question was about the radar alias, mine is F-EGJB2 is this coding significant only I was wondering is radar F-EGJB1 was near by that was the reason for my original question about a list of radar locations against their alias

Regards
      Jerry

Comment

Jerry

As advised in our correspondence, please contact Support@FR24.com for help and advice on your FR24 receiver installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry A Bligh View Post
          Hi Jarod
          Thanks for the reply
          I am getting there, but your reply although helpful still leaves me with a couple of unanswered questions.
          When I tried the filter option using your suggestion I see you have to select the radar from a list and mine isn't there, any ideas as I can't type it in either.

The other question was about the radar alias, mine is F-EGJB2 is this coding significant only I was wondering is radar F-EGJB1 was near by that was the reason for my original question about a list of radar locations against their alias

Regards
          Jerry
          FR24 use the signals from many boxes to verify they have good data - your box will be helping with that, the whole radar code thing really only has meaning if you were the only receiver in say Mongolia or on an island in the ocean. (FR24 would like to get rid of the radar code display because of the 'why don't I show?' questions).

One thing your receiver will be doing is helping with MLAT (multilateration) - see 'Read this first' at the top of the page.

Comment

Working...
          X