Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi using DUMP1090 to a csv file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started my combined netcat at around 1.30pm local today and it's only 9Mb for six hours so far with the quiet time to come so I wouldn't expect too much over 20Mb for a busy day down here. I'm not sure what I can do with it after but at least the positions can be plotted on cartodb.com.
    Michael
    Palmerston North,
    New Zealand
    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

One guy in Reddit put the data into MATLAB and made 3D visualisation of flights:

Also cartodb.com has one map option which makes an animation of the data...

I would like to see these made of Queenstown flights :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nzradar View Post
        I used this to get multiple MSG lines:

nc 192.168.1.5 30003 | egrep --line-buffered 'MSG,1,|MSG,3,' >> /folder/somewhere/tracks_callsigns.csv

Note the use of egrep instead of grep

Cool
        someone can tell if this method run on non stop? how can i stop or start again?
        thanks in advanced

Comment

well i find a great way to do this, without any others software, make sure you have enabled raw data on port 30003 (dump1090 --raw) or 192.168.x.x:8754 in dump arguments write --raw, restart dump1090.

Go to console terminal and type:

sudo wget -O - -q http://myreceiver:30003 > log.txt .csv .kml or wathever format you want, press ctrl+c to stop it, type in terminal ls and you see your file in root directory, there are many options , make a executable sh or automate the process with crontab. you can upload data to catodb.com or in google earth. Enjoy

Comment

Working...
          X