YGEL switched on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YGEL switched on

I've installed all my fr24 gear, and gps is blinking green, mode s is blinking red a few times a second, I've emailed support, but I need to fly back to Perth in a few hours. How can I confirm data is being sent to fr24 and my install is working before I get on my flight back home?

Originally posted by numloxx View Post
    I've installed all my fr24 gear, and gps is blinking green, mode s is blinking red a few times a second, I've emailed support, but I need to fly back to Perth in a few hours. How can I confirm data is being sent to fr24 and my install is working before I get on my flight back home?
    Greetings numloxx,

There is a few ways to determine whether you have started feeding

1) Your radarcode showing at your area. If you are a FR24 kit Mike would also post at New Feeder Spotted thread saying your kit is activated
    2) This isn't immediate, but after FR24 has linked your email address to a premium account, you can then log in and at your left you will see premium>your account and you will see your feeds. That way you will know whether your data is uploaded. This is a more accurate way of determining whether you are uploading. Something like this: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post47216

Do please remember, FR24 is for plane spotting not radar code spotting.

Comment

Radar code spotting?

Comment

I can't see any new receiver in Australia. It sounds like a network issue if it is not showing up.

Comment

It was installed and switched on about 0930 Perth time this morning.

Comment

All new receivers appear as "NEW" in our internal system, and have to be activated manually. Last 18h there has been 2 new units. in Phuket and Portland. No other NEW units are showing up. So the receiver is not connecting with FR24 servers.

Comment

Support has confirmed that the receiver is not showing "online" and has sent a PDF check list for the host to run through local diagnostics.

Please continue this discussion via Support referencing the open "ticket".

Comment

Thanks, i will.

Comment

It would be nice if we could do a query through the router that was feeding to FR24 to see if there is any data coming in.

What I mean is connect up a laptop another port on the router that the FR24 feeder is connected to, then use a browser look at a web page that shows what has come from that IP address in say, the last 30 minutes.

something like:
                  * Feeder connected - invalid sharing code
                  * maybe a copy of the data the is shown on the feeder log.

Comment

Originally posted by numloxx View Post
                    Thanks, i will.
                    Hope you issue is resolved...

Comment

Waiting for Support to get back to me.
                      Router and FR24 box have been power cycled, hoping this will do the trick. Can't tell until they've contacted me.

Comment

Not yet, still working on it

Comment

So the problem is internet connectivity, waiting for the IT department for City of Geraldton to open the correct ports... hopefully this will solve the problem and it comes online this week

Comment

Seems to be online as F-YGEL3
                            Max range so far is 233nm... just wondering how good that is compared to other units?
                            Last edited by numloxx; 2014-08-21, 16:15. Reason: typo

Comment

So you are F-YGEL3 not F-YGEL2 as originally advised? I first saw F-YGEL2 on 16 August and F-YGEL3 on 20 August. Just wondering if GEL3 has replaced GEL2. There is also F-YGEL1 which is still active. No shortage of FR24 feeders at Geraldton. Good luck with yours after the difficulties you've had.

Comment

Working...
                              X