Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kunming Radar, China

I am sorry for my poor english.

I noticed that Kunming ZPPP2,ZPPP3 and ZPPP6 radar has not been online.

At present only one my radar ZPPP7 is operating. DVB-T USB Stick antenna position is limited by the length of USB cable,can only be placed in the room,cause the limit of coverage and difficulty of receiving oriental signal. It is impossible to receive the signal from Kunming airport.

I want to get free of the FR24 Box receiver,the antenna is mounted on the roof so as to avoid dead zones.
    My city Kunming in the list of the cities/areas prioritizing ,but I have applied twice,and complete the form ,Didn't get any response.

Now my question is:
    You are no longer accept applications for free FR24 Box Receiver?

Thanks
    Last edited by YsMilan; 2014-07-06, 15:03.
    China Kunming
    F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

The northeast dead zones,long after the takeoff in order to detect
    4.jpg
    3.JPG
    China Kunming
    F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

you could make an external antenna for use with your dongle as detailed here http://www.balarad.net/ - very low cost.

Comment

Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
        You are no longer accept applications for free FR24 Box Receiver?
        See:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
          I have read this and apply it twice,within a few months,and complete the form:
          last time:"Action Required - Hosting Flightradar24 ADS-B Equipment - Second Step [Ref #13019]"
          But there is no reply to a message-refuse the application or By application...
          China Kunming
          F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

You applied four times. You only need apply once and you should have received an acknowledgement when you completed the second stage.

We have all the information we need and will contact you again when we are ready to send you a receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by FR24support View Post
              You applied four times. You only need apply once and you should have received an acknowledgement when you completed the second stage.

We have all the information we need and will contact you again when we are ready to send you a receiver.
              I'm so sorry about my applied four times,I confirm that I have completed the second stage,but I have not received any acknowledgement email...

I just want to make sure you have received the form.
              Last edited by YsMilan; 2014-07-07, 01:37.
              China Kunming
              F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                you could make an external antenna for use with your dongle as detailed here http://www.balarad.net/ - very low cost.
                Thank you for the idea.

But now I have another problem,I use an old laptop connect the DVB-t USB Stick,7x24 hours of operation,But it is so old,that it often overheated down.

Once the notebook cannot continue to work,Perhaps in the Kunming area will lose all signal,And this has happened.
                I don't want to see it happen,But I don't know how long it can work.

I cannot replace it with a desktop computer-I will find it difficult to afford the electricity bill.

So I think I need a FR24 Box receiver,Because it can be directly connected to Router.
                Last edited by YsMilan; 2014-07-07, 01:33.
                China Kunming
                F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

If you want a box connected to your router.
                  You can order the Radarcape product. It can directly upload to the FR24 server.
                  Plus you wouldn't have to wait for FR24 to get back to you.
                  ADS-B Receiver MLAT RADARCAPE. Map views, aircraft list, filters, performance and status pages. Optimized for 24/7 monitoring without additional PC.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                    If you want a box connected to your router.
                    You can order the Radarcape product. It can directly upload to the FR24 server.
                    Plus you wouldn't have to wait for FR24 to get back to you.
                    http://www.modesbeast.com/radarcape.html
                    Thanks,But I can't accept this,It's too expensive,My annual salary is only about 4000€...
                    Last edited by YsMilan; 2014-07-07, 02:46.
                    China Kunming
                    F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Thank you for the idea.

But now I have another problem,I use an old laptop connect the DVB-t USB Stick,7x24 hours of operation,But it is so old,that it often overheated down.

Once the notebook cannot continue to work,Perhaps in the Kunming area will lose all signal,And this has happened.
                      I don't want to see it happen,But I don't know how long it can work.

I cannot replace it with a desktop computer-I will find it difficult to afford the electricity bill.

So I think I need a FR24 Box receiver,Because it can be directly connected to Router.
                      The alternative solution whilst you wait for news from fr24 will be a raspberry pi and dvbt dongle combination, and it don't consume lots of power, only 5w. Have a look here - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                        The alternative solution whilst you wait for news from fr24 will be a raspberry pi and dvbt dongle combination, and it don't consume lots of power, only 5w. Have a look here - http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24
                        Seems like a good idea,I need to read it carefully
                        China Kunming
                        F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Seems like a good idea,I need to read it carefully
                          Most of the detail required is in post #8 - the rest is discussion about problems people have had (usually it comes down to getting a good power supply)

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                            Most of the detail required is in post #8 - the rest is discussion about problems people have had (usually it comes down to getting a good power supply)
                            OK,I'm reading PDF,Thanks
                            China Kunming
                            F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

"Congratulations, your application to host ADS-B equipment from Flightradar24 has been approved."
                              Thanks for everyone.
                              China Kunming
                              F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

Working...
                              X