X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade installation

good afternoon

Would you like to upgrade my receiver.

The receiver has a MCX entry but I have some trouble finding a larger cable to the antenna

My idea is to put the antenna in the window.
    Buy a receiver with coaxial
    Buy a Coaxial cable 4 meters or more

My receiver is this

Or buy a cable MCX - RP SMA and put this antenna

Will give this antenna?

It is a WIFI antenna

What can you suggest me?

The antenna is to just stay indoors

thank you

Help please

Comment

The dongle has an impedance of 75 Ohms, it's good to match that where possible.

So lets start by getting an adapter like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231262426303 (look at the picture, get something similar where you live)

You can make a simple dipole from coaxial cable - just split the centre out - pull the screen down and the centre up - The lengths are important.
      http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ghlight=dipole post #68 (ignore the amplifier & if you can put that antenna outside the window it will work better)

After that look at post #75 in the same thread.

These are just made out of the center of coaxial cable - so are really cheap - and you get the reward of having made it yourself.

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Try and stick away from running lengths of coax if you don't need to. Put the antenna and receiver in the window and run a USB cable to your PC/RPi/What ever. USB will handle 5 meter lengths, but you can go longer with active USB adapters.

Comment

Originally posted by DroidNine View Post
          Try and stick away from running lengths of coax if you don't need to. Put the antenna and receiver in the window and run a USB cable to your PC/RPi/What ever. USB will handle 5 meter lengths, but you can go longer with active USB adapters.
          i second this.
          T-EGLF8

Comment

Originally posted by DroidNine View Post
            I had problems trying to get the dongle to work with an active USB lead from the Pi, but since this an internal installation the Pi should be easy to put by the window - a good compromise would be to put the dongle close to the antenna, use an un-powered USB extender, followed by longer network and power feed cords for the Pi if required.

Do try different antenna designs, it can be rewarding to get something that works well that you've made yourself.

Comment

Sem Tfítulo.jpg

CXS_2.5.jpg

Thanks for all the help.

I'll make this installation

This coaxial cable works?

Thank you

Comment

How did you go with this?

Comment

Working...
                X