This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy FR24 Box

Is it possible to buy a FR24 Box/Kit? Or is it the same as the Radarcape?

Originally posted by helios View Post
    Is it possible to buy a FR24 Box/Kit? Or is it the same as the Radarcape?
    Yes, it is the same as the radarcape. And I think you know where to buy it online...?

Comment

Yes, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Yes, it is the same as the radarcape. And I think you know where to buy it online...?
        ... but with different software ...
        (and paint job )

Comment

There's a Radarcape and antenna outfit worth Euros 700 as 1st Prize in the World Cup football competition over on the Radarspotting forum.

It's the prize for the Group of Sixteen and Finals stages so anyone can enter for that phase which hasn't started yet:

Comment

I found Airspy, basically an advanced SDR-Stick. With the GPIO-Port it would make it possible to attach a GPS-Device and to build a MLAT-Receiver for less than 200$.
            Is there any chance that devices like this will be supported in future?

Comment

But Airspy product isn't available yet to buy, who knows if it will ever be available to buy.
              I'm sure once it's available, someone at FR24 or the Mode-S crowd could look at it to see what it can do with ADS-B,MLAT,etc
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                But Airspy product isn't available yet to buy, who knows if it will ever be available to buy.
                Well, the earlier i mention it here, the earlier it's possible to start a cooperation for fr24 MLAT

600 Bucks is just too much for my location.
                They say the airspy will be something between 100 and 150$, a GPS-Module with PPS-Pin is about 20$.. so it's max. 170$ for a MLAT-capable Receiver.

Comment

Well, the earlier i mention it here, the earlier it's possible to start a cooperation for fr24 MLAT

600 Bucks is just too much for my location.
                  They say the airspy will be something between 100 and 150$, a GPS-Module with PPS-Pin is about 20$.. so it's max. 170$ for a MLAT-capable Receiver.
                  FR24 will only accept data to contribute to their MLAT from FR24 supplied receivers or the public radarcape, so if that would be the reason to buy the airspy - forget it for now.

Comment

I know. All I say is airspy will make it possible to make a cheaper MLAT receiver. Of course it can't be done without the support from FR24.

It would even be possible with a rtl2832u dongle but would need a little hardware hacking.

Comment

I know. All I say is airspy will make it possible to make a cheaper MLAT receiver. Of course it can't be done without the support from FR24.

It would even be possible with a rtl2832u dongle but would need a little hardware hacking.
                      No hardware hack at all. You can MLAT with a dongle on PlanePlotter network, see an example:

Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

I assume that's done via NTP time reference? I'd be surprised if the accuracy is better than 30km then. There's jitter on the NTP and on the USB port too.
                        By simply mixing the GPS' PPS pulse to the rtl2832u baseband one could have an accuracy of 300m (~1uS)

Comment

I'm sure you can manage to get such an astonishing accuracy. But assuming that MLAT requires a time to gather data from different receivers, time to do the maths, and time to show the results on the net (all of them with their latency and lag periods), I see that accuracy level pretty useless. I don't know how much time does FR24 take to get a MLAT fix (Mike or some other stuff member could say), but something moving in the air at 500+ knots for 10 seconds goes across several kilometers.
                          Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

FR24 MLAT network is done with data from FR24 receivers only. We know there are other possibilities to build MLAT with other receivers and other timings, but as mentioned in several other threads on the forum FR24 MLAT will remain FR24 MLAT. Using only one type of equipment insures the good data quality that we have currently (about 10 meters in most cases), and we have no plans to destroy this quality by allowing any other hardware.

Issue discussed many times in other threads, so this thread will be closed.
                            MLAT: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-Flightradar24
                            Buy Radarcape: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...h-No-price-yet
                            Help increase coverage: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...rease-coverage!

Comment

Working...
                            X