Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Buy FR24 Box

  1. #1
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-LSZD25
    Posts
    53

    Buy FR24 Box

    Is it possible to buy a FR24 Box/Kit? Or is it the same as the Radarcape?

  2. #2
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by helios View Post
    Is it possible to buy a FR24 Box/Kit? Or is it the same as the Radarcape?
    Yes, it is the same as the radarcape. And I think you know where to buy it online...?

  3. #3
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-LSZD25
    Posts
    53
    Yes, thank you.

  4. #4
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Yes, it is the same as the radarcape. And I think you know where to buy it online...?
    ... but with different software ...
    (and paint job )

  5. #5
    There's a Radarcape and antenna outfit worth Euros 700 as 1st Prize in the World Cup football competition over on the Radarspotting forum.

    It's the prize for the Group of Sixteen and Finals stages so anyone can enter for that phase which hasn't started yet:

    http://radarspotting.com/forum/index....html#msg18897

  6. #6
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-LSZD25
    Posts
    53
    I found Airspy, basically an advanced SDR-Stick. With the GPIO-Port it would make it possible to attach a GPS-Device and to build a MLAT-Receiver for less than 200$.
    Is there any chance that devices like this will be supported in future?

  7. #7
    Captain
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FR24 Feeder
    Posts
    1,232
    But Airspy product isn't available yet to buy, who knows if it will ever be available to buy.
    I'm sure once it's available, someone at FR24 or the Mode-S crowd could look at it to see what it can do with ADS-B,MLAT,etc

  8. #8
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-LSZD25
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    But Airspy product isn't available yet to buy, who knows if it will ever be available to buy.
    Well, the earlier i mention it here, the earlier it's possible to start a cooperation for fr24 MLAT

    600 Bucks is just too much for my location.
    They say the airspy will be something between 100 and 150$, a GPS-Module with PPS-Pin is about 20$.. so it's max. 170$ for a MLAT-capable Receiver.

  9. #9
    Captain
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dudley area, UK
    Posts
    1,410
    Quote Originally Posted by helios View Post
    Well, the earlier i mention it here, the earlier it's possible to start a cooperation for fr24 MLAT

    600 Bucks is just too much for my location.
    They say the airspy will be something between 100 and 150$, a GPS-Module with PPS-Pin is about 20$.. so it's max. 170$ for a MLAT-capable Receiver.
    FR24 will only accept data to contribute to their MLAT from FR24 supplied receivers or the public radarcape, so if that would be the reason to buy the airspy - forget it for now.

  10. #10
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    T-LSZD25
    Posts
    53
    I know. All I say is airspy will make it possible to make a cheaper MLAT receiver. Of course it can't be done without the support from FR24.

    It would even be possible with a rtl2832u dongle but would need a little hardware hacking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •