Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-WMKJ1 overwhelm F-WSSS1

Welcome F-WMKJ1 in JB.

I believe you have a high location that provide 360 Deg coverage to have such a good coverage. Congratulations !

But, what I don't understand is that your receiver is taking over aircrafts coming in to land or taking off at WSSS - I can see them from my bedroom window.

Have you got a receiver with a better Software Version or higher sensitivity ?

Hahahaha - F-WSSS1 coverage is now so pathetic !

Good to have you around - to provide WSSS coverage in case I got power trip during lightning storms.
    Last edited by Birdie; 2014-06-02, 05:18.
    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
    Welcome F-WMKJ1 in JB.

I believe you have a high location that provide 360 Deg coverage to have such a good coverage. Congratulations !

But, what I don't understand is that your receiver is taking over aircrafts coming in to land or taking off at WSSS - I can see them from my bedroom window.

Have you got a receiver with a better Software Version or higher sensitivity ?

Hahahaha - F-WSSS1 coverage is now so pathetic !

Good to have you around - to provide WSSS coverage in case I got power trip during lightning storms.
    It is always good to have backup and WMKJ is indeed providing that and I believe in the future MLAT raw data. There shouldn't be any difference in your receiver and WMKJ's as they are all FR24's kit. Don't worry about radarcodes, Mike has repeatedly mentioned it is a marsh up of the data sent to the server. Your setup is a very good setup.
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-06-02, 11:14. Reason: grammar

Comment

We're told all radars contribute to the overall picture, the radar code shown is just a selection of one of those contributing data for that aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        We're told all radars contribute to the overall picture, the radar code shown is just a selection of one of those contributing data for that aircraft.
        Indeed... now let's better reference it: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post52375

Comment

3 Jun 2014 F-WMKJ1 overwhelmed F-WSSS1.jpg
          Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
          Indeed... now let's better reference it: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post52375

The last 2 sentences sounds a bit arrogant.

Now FR24 is successful ( esp after the MH370 case ) - the Mod is acting " Stiff Upper-Lipped ".

Maybe, I should consider returning the equipment since my radar F-WSSS1 is not contributing much.

The other competitor tracking site is begging people to contribute - but many avoided it because its owner pi$$ed off many of its customers and is now a blank map all over.
          Last edited by Birdie; 2014-06-03, 00:44.
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4193[/ATTACH]

The last 2 sentences sounds a bit arrogant.

Now FR24 is successful ( esp after the MH370 case ) - the Mod is acting " Stiff Upper-Lipped ".

Maybe, I should consider returning the equipment since my radar F-WSSS1 is not contributing much.

The other competitor tracking site is begging people to contribute - but many avoided it because its owner pi$$ed off many of its customers and is now a blank map all over.
            You have to look into the context of why mike made that statement. Please look back at posts before mike's to have a clearer picture. In a nutshell mike is emphasizing fr24 is for commercial plane spotting and not radar code spotting.

There has been a lot of similar queries so understandably the support team could feel worn down and patience thin. I sometimes find myself in that situation after a long day. We are all just human and have emotions.

I believe if MLAT is trialled at semenanjung Malaysia your receiver will definitely help. However it is entirely your decision whether to keep the free receiver or not. Your call.

Comment

It may sound arrogant, but we really don't want to discuss this matter over and over and over and over again every week. I don't really see where we want to end up with this discussion. Should we stop sending out receivers and ignore MLAT? Or should we hard code radar code so the feeder only see his code on all aircraft? Or should we maybe introduce a point system, where every time you complain about code not showing up, you get priority +1 and all feeders should keep posting support every day about increased priority? Either someone want to support coverage or not. FR24 is really a place for plane spotting and not a place for radar code spotting. As I wrote in the other thread, the code is not even correct, so why bother?

Comment

Good post Mike.

I work with computer servers - we always configure them with redundant hard disks, error correcting memory (which requires redundant 'bits' in the memory modules), dual processors, redundant network interfaces - often on separate network cards, redundant power supplies - where possible connected to different power sources. This is all done so should something go wrong an alert is raised but the business continues to function.

In the FR24 case, the redundant receivers provide cover for receiver failure / damage (lightning etc), Internet connectivity fault, people switching equipment off (along with everything else in the house) when travelling, etc. well as filling in coverage holes and eventually providing MLAT cover.

The big difference is for us we carry spares or can get maintenance carried out in a few hours - it's in our hands. FR24 is half a world away with difficult supply lines and they do not control the network infrastructure.

Comment

Correct the more receivers the better. I wish I could get more people in my area to apply as a receiver west of me was added bringing in a bit of MLAT coverage which is nice. I'm hoping no one wants to turn his/her receiver off over something like this. If you want to see the picture that your receiver is adding to the scene it's simple to do your own radar view of the local traffic or use Virtual Radar server to check it out for yourself. It's what I do at home all the time to see my own coverage.

Comment

Working...
                  X