Tapatalk - Failing to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    You would think the world has ended. There are other ways and means to get fixes, albeit not your favourite methods.

I only suggested a patch notification I got for a different forum from tapatalk coincided with this failure may have been needed. It was not confirmed that it was all that was required.
    A web browser for the forum space is a real bind if you're using a tablet and almost impossible with a smartphone. And is especially annoying if you try - it notices you are using a mobile device and nags you to use tapatalk instead. Are we sure it's not something daft like a firewall setting that's blocking it? (RHEL and derived versions have a feature whereby the firewall and selinux security features sometimes get 'repaired' when operating system patches are applied).

Comment

Nothing beats a "fix" of our favourite forum, whenever and wherever the urge grabs hold of one!

Comment

PLEASE can admin sort this... its like loosing a friend !

Comment

Does anyone have any clue about the status of the Tapatalk fix? Still not able to connect.
          T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

If FR24 staff are too busy to look at it, could the forum admin be passed to a couple of their trusted deputies - after all it's not core to data collection or analysis.
            Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-21, 05:53.

Comment

Whilst our beloved FR24 have the intelligence and expertise available to track nearly any plane, anywhere, something as minor as a Tapatalk update or renewal or fix, seems out of grasp.... unless there was a decision taken not to allow Tapatalk connections anymore.....
              Last edited by HermanZA; 2014-06-15, 21:38.

Comment

Yea... this is seriously making me think of jumping ship

COME ON ADMIN, WHATS THE STORY ?

I hate to be cynical, but is it because its not making any money....

Comment

Could we get any update this week?

I will bet someone that we won't hear from anyone at FR24 about fixing this problem this week
                  Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-06-19, 23:14.
                  Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                  [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Tapatalk did an update for vBulletin 4.x on 19/05/14, a couple of days before it was reported as not working on here.
                    I had the same on a couple of forums I look after and it takes about 10 minutes to update the add-on.

Here's the link for the update: https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapata...ugin=vbulletin

Comment

Seems this problem with Tapatalk can not be resolved? Would one of our beloved administrators/super users please be so kind and give us an indication if we should give up on this, or are there perhaps something somewhere in the near/distant future that we might be able to connect with Tapatalk again?

Comment

Would FR24 consider making one of the trusted senior mods who is familier with vBuleitin and Tapatalk admin rights - so they can fix this.

It's not central to the business of collecting and managing flight data but is something that the people feeding data DID use regularly and is sorely missed.

Comment

I agree with this suggestion. We are really missing the Tapatalk integration and the ease of accessing out favourite forum.

Comment

No good news at this time I'm afraid.

Ran a few diagnostic tips from the support forum to get some basic details of what may be wrong (this involves visiting some inbuilt pages from the humble user side). Which lead down a path of likely fixes.

In the background I asked nicely if this could be attended to by someone with the access required. Unfortunately, We've been assured that someone has tried the proposed fixed already to no avail. Seems during either a past tapatalk change, or forum patch, The integration between appears to have been affected

The downside is, of what limited numbers of people with the access to the forum back-end and server together there are, their current tasking is focused on other areas of the ongoing development of FR24.

So rest assured, Cries have been heard. However in reality it's a smaller percentage of site visitors affected, so it's a lower priority to fix in the greater scheme of things.
                            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Might it be worth installing new forum software, with the add in - then linking it to the current database?

Comment

I don't think it will be fixed in July. Maybe next month
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Working...
                                X