No announcement yet.

Moderation for new users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our old feeders who hasn't posted in a while got caught in the post being sent to the admin. I got notified of his new post and it never appeared...only to find later he got selected for the spam filter.

In spite of what Mike said about being no moderation.....there is. Oblivian, Zamboangaradar is the handle caught in the spam trap.

John
    F-RPVD1
    Dumaguete
    Last edited by paradiselost; 2016-01-08, 13:14.

Comment

Hoy,

tried to repley to a post in the feeding section for the topic "mlat enabled but not running" a couple of hours ago. (trying to avoid links ) said:"waiting to be approoved" .. Am I banned? Did I use some "unwanted" words? Sunbeams?

Regards
      Maik

Comment

It will do that with code or HTML/links. Spam avoidance. I'll approve soon. Often don't notice as we see all messages and the flag is small in the corner.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks.. and sorry.. it happend again.. mea culpa..

Comment

Hi,
            Could all of the above have some bearing why the post I made a couple of days ago, about the 7700 Mayday alerts, has vanished without trace? It was my first post here, without links, and had had over 100 views by this morning when I last checked, but no responses as yet. When I checked just now, nothing, no sign of the thread and my profile said I'd not posted anything!

Comment

Not a surprise, but I'm seeing the same thing. The simple request would seem to be... make the messaging consistent with the behavior?

Also, really, do links to FR24 need to be blocked? That would seem to be a very sensible compromise. I doubt there's any danger of spammers that link to your own site. Perhaps this feature of the forum software is not that intelligent?

This is my 5th message, so let's see if I can link to this same page:
              Can we have some system where any new user has their first 1 or 2 posts moderated before they are published, there seems to be a flood of spam posts at the moment (3 so far today!) and it is all from people who have just registered (it may be the same person with multiple registrations?) it should not be any harder to moderate

Comment

Originally posted by RichardH View Post
                Not a surprise, but I'm seeing the same thing. The simple request would seem to be... make the messaging consistent with the behavior?

Also, really, do links to FR24 need to be blocked? That would seem to be a very sensible compromise. I doubt there's any danger of spammers that link to your own site. Perhaps this feature of the forum software is not that intelligent?

This is my 5th message, so let's see if I can link to this same page:
                http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ew-users/page3
                Its automated. And cannot distinguish URLs. Basically there are 15 or so users a day that join and add URLs to profile and attempt to post. This cuts that possibility down.

You can still post them, just drop the http (which they are too dumb to do). The primary purpose is to put-off bot crawling.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                X