Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
    This usually means that there is no traffic or the receiver raw data stream was interrupted. Is the dump1090 that you run standalone giving any data?
    Ok, now it works. I changed dump1090 variables to --net-bo-port to --net-ro-port to get it working again.

Comment

• piopawlu, is the raspi binary fully compatible with the ARM7 processor?
      I'm asking because I'm switching over to a bananaPI, I need more RAM and CPU. The bananaPI has a dual core ARM7 CPU and I'd like to use both cores.

Comment

• Can you please move logging to /tmp? Does it worth writing such data into the sd card?

Comment

• I see a difference in release of WIndows platform now. I take it that is the small fix to stop the beast detection failure
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by loplo View Post
            piopawlu, is the raspi binary fully compatible with the ARM7 processor?
            I'm asking because I'm switching over to a bananaPI, I need more RAM and CPU. The bananaPI has a dual core ARM7 CPU and I'd like to use both cores.
            The feeder itself is a multi-threaded application,, but I wouldn't expect a dramatic improvement in terms of CPU load unless you have a DVBT stick. Otherwise the load is pretty low anyway.

Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
            Can you please move logging to /tmp? Does it worth writing such data into the sd card?
            Yes,, I can add an option to override log path. You can also disable logs completely,, they are only needed for troubleshooting.

Comment

• I am using a DVB-T stick.

Load looks pretty good.

Comment

• There's a new version of RPI package (1.0.8-1) as well as a stand-alone version that does not include any bundled libraries or dump1090 copies. If you feel safer configuring software yourself, as any system user, please use that version instead. You will, however, need to make sure that permissions are all set correctly if you want to run DVBT stick.

There's also a new MacOSX GUI bundle available, linked in the first post (manual needs to be updated, as it does not cover it yet). In a few hours I will also link both Linux i386 and 64bit versions.

New version lets you override log path base by setting
                Code:
                logpath="/tmp"
                in the /etc/fr24feed.ini file.

Comment

• Are there any major improvements?
                  For me logpath it's not interesting, and I won't update just for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by fr24feed_1.0.8-1_i386
                    [reader][w][0]Global timeout exceeded, 80958 msgs, 0 resyncs, reconnecting
                    [reader][i][0]Connection terminated
                    [reader][i][0]Connecting to Generic receiver via (/dev/ttyUSB0@3000000)
                    [reader][i][0]Connected to the receiver, authenticating
                    [reader][i][0]Authenticated, processing messages

Is there a possibility to change the value Global timeout for raspberry and linux client the windows client don't do that.
                    | T-EDDB8 |T-EDDB28 | Virtual Radar | Dump1090 | ModesMixer2 |

Comment

• Originally posted by papasven View Post
                      Is there a possibility to change the value Global timeout for raspberry and linux client the windows client don't do that.
                      Yes,, please add gt="NNNN" where NNNN is the timeout value in seconds to the .ini file. It will be dropped from the ini file when you save it from within the app, I will make a fix so it preserves it in the next release. Windows decoder has exactly the same timeout value,, it's just a matter of luck I guess, but there is a good reason to do that. This timeout occurs only when there has not been a single ModeS frame received by the receiver within 10 minutes by default.

Originally posted by lopio
                      Are there any major improvements?
                      For me logpath it's not interesting, and I won't update just for that.
                      No.. nothing big, next release will bring more significant changes.

Comment

There's a new version of RPI package (1.0.8-1) as well as a stand-alone version that does not include any bundled libraries or dump1090 copies. If you feel safer configuring software yourself, as any system user, please use that version instead. You will, however, need to make sure that permissions are all set correctly if you want to run DVBT stick.
                        Identical setup to the previous software (the _242 release) as non-root fails (and tells me to run as root - nope!)

Code:
                        libcommon read_config failed - /etc/fr24feed.ini
                        [main][i]FR24 Feeder/Decoder [0x02117000]
                        [main][i]Version: 1.0.8-1/generic
                        [main][i]Built on 20141202-0839 (r:master-a851aef.git/Linux/armv6l)
                        [main][i]Copyright 2008-2014 (c) Piotr Pawluczuk
                        [main][i]Flightradar24 AB(http://flightradar24.com)
                        [main][w]Config file /etc does not exist or cannot be written!
                        [main][w]Please make sure you run the fr24feed as root!
                        Creating an empty /etc/fr24feed.ini didn't help either, it still insists on trying to write to it.
                        --reconfigure also wants to run as root.

So, no good to me at the moment, reverting to the _242 build.
                        Last edited by obj; 2014-12-06, 11:12.

Comment

• Sorry about that,, I will make a fix that will disable the R/W check.. you chown the /etc/fr24feed.ini to the user you are running it as and it should work.

Comment

Sorry about that,, I will make a fix that will disable the R/W check.. you chown the /etc/fr24feed.ini to the user you are running it as and it should work.
                            Thanks, that seems to be working now.
                            After reconfiguring to create a suitable config file, I am now running the feeder under "fakeroot" with a root-owned config file, which also does the trick.

One bug report - if you start the feeder with an empty config file and no --reconfigure it runs but silently does nothing at all (not even logging).

And one question - what's the listen port on 8754 used for and can it be disabled? (Edit: Oh, right, it's an internal webserver, OK)
                            Last edited by obj; 2014-12-06, 12:06.

Comment

• I've setted logmode to 0 but it still outputting to /var/log. Any fix?

Comment

• I have installed the Windows feeder, and it appears to be working great. What do I need to do to make dump1090 output appear via http?
                                F-KJAN3 and T-KJAN2...providing ground traffic at JAN and low level coverage around the Jackson, MS metro area

Comment

Working...
                                X