Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new to all this and first post so be gentle!

I have the Flightradar24 Win version running in a Win7 instance in VMWare Fusion on my Mac but would rather use the native MacOSX version.

I have downloaded, installed and configured the MacOSX version and it is feeding data to the FR24 site.

My question is...in the Win7 version there is a switch to "Autostart" the feed. How do I achieve this with the MacOSX version?

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Comment

• You would have to create a shortcut and add it to the startup group items if there is such a thing in osx
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        You would have to create a shortcut and add it to the startup group items if there is such a thing in osx
        Thanks Oblivian, I have done that but it starts the program but does not start feeding automatically, I have to access the icon and start manually. There is not documented anywhere I can find.

The windows program has a check box for this.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by loplo View Post
          piopawlu, is the raspi binary fully compatible with the ARM7 processor?
          I'm asking because I'm switching over to a bananaPI, I need more RAM and CPU. The bananaPI has a dual core ARM7 CPU and I'd like to use both cores.
          Hi mate, maybe I can help you. I'm running a Banana Pi (with Bananian) and everything works fine
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
          Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Everything works like charm for me too. CPU usage is OK, stability OK, so far so good.

Comment

• Windows build seems a lot better too. However I keep running out of connected 30003 client connections
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thanks again for all the feedback, there should be a new build on Friday that will address most of the reported issues.

Comment

• I switched from the 242 Feeding Software, but I noticed that dump1090 (doesn't matter if its the mr- or normal version) crashs when you use more than 1 parameter (in this case i need 4). Hopefully the new Build is up soon (and hopefully it is fixed).
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Comment

• No issues for me.

Comment

• Did anyone try this decoder/feeder (RPi version) together with piaware? If yes, how to configure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrie45 View Post
                        Did anyone try this decoder/feeder (RPi version) together with piaware? If yes, how to configure?
                        Configure and start dump1090 separately. Make sure you start with --net. Make sure you are using something based on the MalcolmRobb fork, not the original antirez version.
                        Configure fr24feed for a beast-tcp receiver on 127.0.0.1:30005. Disable raw and SBS (decoded) output ports.
                        Piaware should discover the dump1090 config automatically.

Comment

• Still no new Build
                          Regards,
                          T-EDDE7

Comment

• There's a test build available for PI 1.0.9-1 that introduces system time offset calculation with NTP. We want to further improve data quality and therefore need the original timestamp to be included in the data stream. It means the feeder app will not start sending any data until the time offset is established and will stop once a time "jump" is detected.

Right now it will sync the offset at fixed intervals, but it will be optimized to only do that when necessary that is after calculating system clock drift.

You can download the RPI build via the link below before it gets released as stable at which point this link will be removed:

//Removed because of a bug.

Windows version will be updated soon as well, but first we'd like the RPI users to give it a go.
                            Last edited by piopawlu; 2014-12-18, 11:22. Reason: Removed links because of a bug

Comment

• No build for us running normal Linux boxes, like Ubuntu?

Comment

• There will be a build.. but most of you, according to the stats we have, use RPI that's why those builds come first. It's easier to fix possible bugs that are spotted by the biggest group first.

Comment

Working...
                                X