Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for additional functionality - ARM7 Support

Request for additional functionality - ARM7 Support

dump1090 doesn't have to run on just Raspberry Pi's and neither should fr24feed

ARM7 computers have hardware floating point support and other features that run faster than the Raspberry Pi ARM6 computer.

Having an additional installation package for ARM 7 would be really nice.

Blort

Comment

• We can make an ARM7 build, same with the --version thing, sounds useful for us too.

I will investigate the plugin option, but can't promise anything at this stage. You can probably already use our feeder by taking RAW data from the ADSB# application.

Comment

• Almost a week running seamlessly the new fr24 feeder (fr24feed_1.0.0-1 to fr24feed_1.0.2-1 as of today)
        CPU usage < 1% on the Raspberry
        Would be nice to be able to easily switch logging to /var/log off though

Only remaining issue in the Settings web interface : when selecting "AVR (TCP)" in the "Receiver" type dropdown list and hitting the Save button, the saved value in fr24feed.ini ends being "avrtcp" where it should be "avr-tcp" (I had to edit the config file manually to get the feeder to work)

Thanks

Comment

• Thanks for a report, will fix it and add an option to disable logging as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
            Thanks for a report, will fix it and add an option to disable logging as well.
            On the logging FA feeder does log - but just keeps today and yesterday - a good compromise,

so maybe the switch can be --logfiledays
            0 no logfile
            1 one day (today)
            2 two days (today and yesterday)

Comment

• My dump1090 crashed after 5 days of uptime. Only a reboot solved the issue. How often do you restart the fr24 service?

Comment

• Can we run the new feeder on the Pi from the raw data from Malcom Robbs dump1090?

If so, exactly what command switches do you need on dump1090 and on your feeder?

Comment

• Yes, you can do it in one of two ways:

1. Have the Malcom Robbs dump1090 invoked by fr24feed:
                  In that case just edit /etc/fr24feed.ini (path) or supply --path="/path/to/dump1090 --your --own --arguments", please note that fr24feed will append "--raw" to the end.

2. Attach to a running dump1090 via TCP:
                  In that case you need to start dump1090 yourself and make sure to run it with --net. Then configure fr24feed to use receiver type "AVR over Network" with "--receiver=avr-tcp" and "--host=localhost:30002".

Comment

• Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
                    My dump1090 crashed after 5 days of uptime. Only a reboot solved the issue. How often do you restart the fr24 service?
                    Was it the dump1090 that crashed or the entire thing? Do you have any output from fr24feed logs? Did it try to restart?

Comment

Was it the dump1090 that crashed or the entire thing? Do you have any output from fr24feed logs? Did it try to restart?
                      The feeder was up. dump1090 was stuck. I tried to restart the service but dump1090 refused to come up.
                      I tried to run it from command line. It showed the dongle but stuck there. No msg decoded.
                      Rebooted the pi and all was online. I've to say i'm running the latest MalcomRobb version.

Maybe USB related things??

Comment

• Could be USB problem, but did you have a chance to check if there is any dump1090 process left (zombie,defunct)?

New version will be released on Friday, will bring some more fixes and requested features.

Comment

• So me wanting to give the new feeder a go, should rather wait till Friday then.....

Comment

If you feel like this would make it better we can replace it with the MalcolmRobb's fork
                            That would be great. MalcolmRobb's fork is still in development and the HTTP-output is a great help.

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                            add an option to disable logging as well.
                            May it also possible to add a time-value in front of every entry?

Originally posted by giacomo892 View Post
                            Maybe USB related things??
                            An had also a problem with my USB-Dongle. After a reboot dump1090 works. But after some minutes nothing was decoded. I checked the log-file and discovered "cb transfer status: 5, canceling.". Also in the syslog I see, that the USB dongle was new discovered – every second! I think the OS and dump1090 "fights" for the dongle. Referred to (http://www.satsignal.eu/raspberry-pi...-after-upgrade), I created a file "/etc/modprobe.d/no-rtl.conf" with the content:
                            Code:
                            blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
                            blacklist rtl2832
                            blacklist rtl2830
                            No problems with my USB-dongle anymore. May this will help.

Comment

• No man. Sorry. I'll take note if it happens again.

Comment

• New version has been released 1.0.5-1:

+ Included Malcolm Robb's version with HTML code, choice can be made when configuring
                                + Added logging configuration,, logmode option in /etc/fr24feed.ini 0 - no log, 1 - 48h rotate 24h, 2 - 72h rotate 24h
                                + Added --version
                                + Misc fixes

Comment

Working...
                                X