Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I updated to the latest Version of FR24Feeder Software (1.0.12-3), but now i can't start the webserver on 8082 (it says that the it couldn't bind the Port because it is already in use which is isn't). So I modified the parameters to "I --net --net-http-port 882 --enable-agc --net-beast". Now dump starts, but the Map is blank. I can only see the clock, but other things doesn't work. It reminds me on Wolli's Posting, but he had Windows and not Linux...
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• Is there a change log for the new pi version?
      toString - London, UK
      FR24 - T-EGLC55 / PiAware - toString / PlaneFinder - 9008
      Raspberry Pi B+ | Keedox DVB-T USB RTL-SDR [RTL2832U+R820T] | Stock Antenna

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
        I updated to the latest Version of FR24Feeder Software (1.0.12-3), but now i can't start the webserver on 8082 (it says that the it couldn't bind the Port because it is already in use which is isn't). So I modified the parameters to "I --net --net-http-port 882 --enable-agc --net-beast". Now dump starts, but the Map is blank. I can only see the clock, but other things doesn't work. It reminds me on Wolli's Posting, but he had Windows and not Linux...
        It means there's a dump1090 running in background using those ports... Please make sure it was properly terminated.

@toString,, I will publish it when I have a bit more time. The biggest change is ground traffic verification against nearby airport list which should make ground traffic appear faster.

Comment

• htop is showing nothing and I made several reboots. However, when I change back to dump1090 (without mr), it displays Error opening HTML file: No such file or directory . I made a clean reinstall. I stopped the daemon, removed it with "sudo dpkg -r fr24feed", removed the whole fr24 directory in usr/bin and installed it with "sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.12-3_armhf.deb" which was done successful. After this I set up the wizard with "sudo fr24feed --reconfigure --fr24key=xxxxx". It is working now, but I still have no Map on dump
          Regards,
          T-EDDE7

Comment

• Its running now with the normal dump1090 Version. I had to download it from github again and modified the parameters in the ini.
            Regards,
            T-EDDE7

Comment

• I think if you download the 2nd file it has no dump, so you can just use your own so things don't get so confused.. St least that's what I've assumed after I've had all kinds of dumps trying to run at once.. :-/
              toString - London, UK

Comment

• Hi,

Just to report I got it working on CubieBoard2 very easily.
                Installing Cubieez, the FR24feeder package (the same used for RPi) and doing the basic configurations took less than 2 hours!
                It runs on a 1000mA phone charger perfectly with a RTL-SDR dongle as receiver.

I'm using the mr-dump1090 software, and will try to run it "on its own" so I can connect to the BaseStation stream and still use VirtualRadar for local control.

Great software!
                Thanks.

Yan (T-VVCT1).

Originally posted by Wolli View Post
                Hi Yan, glad I could help. Good luck for your attempts improving antenna and station, -Wolli-

Comment

• Originally posted by toString View Post
                  I think if you download the 2nd file it has no dump, so you can just use your own so things don't get so confused.. St least that's what I've assumed after I've had all kinds of dumps trying to run at once.. :-/
                  Yes, but I downloaded the first Package I don't know what was wrong yesterday
                  Regards,
                  T-EDDE7

Comment

• There were no changes that could possibly affect dump1090 operation, neither were the HTML files touched in the latest build.

The "manual installation" package does not include any external binaries and yes, you need to provide your own dump1090 in that case. Please remember that FR24 Decoder works with many different receivers and DVBT is just one of them.

Comment

• piopawlu, the crash on feeder exit is still present and I have to force system shutdown everytime.

Comment

• @awg,, I am finally able to reproduce the dead-lock/crash on XP.. working on it

Comment

• I will clean the thread and remove these posts. I am pretty sure FlightAware does not allow their equipment to be used to feed competitors' networks.

Comment

• Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
                            I will clean the thread and remove these posts. I am pretty sure FlightAware does not allow their equipment to be used to feed competitors' networks.
                            they do allow.

Can I share data from FlightFeeder with other sites? (Back to top)

Sure! FlightAware encourages the sharing of all available ADS-B data for maximum collaboration and sharing within the community.
                            Best Flight Tracker: Live Tracking Maps, Flight Status, and Airport Delays for airline flights, private/GA flights, and airports.
                            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Windows: Text Quality Degradations

Windows users might notice that the text quality in some scenarios suddenly has become worse.

On my environment (Vista SP2) I notice this e.g. on the site "FR24 Feeder Tracked Aircraft List" in the part where the aircrafts are listed.

Here a screenshot to have an "idea" about this issue:
                              FONTQUAL.gif
                              Due to this bug it is now a little bit difficult to read the aircraft data.

This bug was obviously introduced by Microsoft with their recent Windows patches. See notice "Known issues with this security update" on this Microsoft webpage. So, FR24 is obviously not responsible for this bug.

Regards, -Wolli-
                              Last edited by Wolli; 2015-02-11, 18:17. Reason: minor correction, screenshot added

Comment

• Just got around to updating.. Is this anything to be concerned about?

PHP Code:
                                pi@rpi ~ $ sudo dpkg -i fr24feed_1.0.12-3_armhf.deb
                                (Reading database ... 81057 files and directories currently installed.)
                                Preparing to replace fr24feed 1.0.11-(using fr24feed_1.0.12-3_armhf.deb) ...
                                ok Stopping FR24 feederfr24feed.
                                Unpacking replacement fr24feed ...
                                insservwarningscript 'K01pfstart.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides
                                insserv
                                warningscript 'pfstart.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides
                                Setting up fr24feed 
                                (1.0.12-3) ...
                                insservwarningscript 'K01pfstart.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides
                                insserv
                                warningscript 'pfstart.sh' missing LSB tags and overrides 
                                toString - London, UK

Comment

Working...
                                X