Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by drk View Post
    snip
    drk
    Everything I looked at kept pointing back to the 1090 SW. I deleted everything related to mr-dump1090 that came with the FR24 zip file.
    D/L'ed and unzipped dump1090 from github and everything is working, including VRS.
    Must have had a bad D/L.

drk

Comment

• You may find you had a command present that was not understood by the differing versions/customisations. Or a 2nd version was still presently running.

One of the biggest hiccups is people not realising nothing else can be running or contacting the hardware the first time you run the fr24 app to configure. Or troubles arise and even reconfiguring for avr mode instead while the http server keeps stopping becomes trivial

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I'd been trying to get it running since I put the antenna up Monday afternoon. I saw A/C 235 miles @ 40,000 ft away and figured that was about as good as it would get, so I started working with mr-dump and FR24. When I started, I used only the basic batch file. And I assure you I had nothing else running or using the resource(s).

I spent a couple of hours at least each night (I'm not one to give up, you show have seen me when I hard-bricked my phone - that turned out to be a real mess).
        This afternoon, I ran mr-dump again, but could not get anything on VRS.

I shutdown, rebooted and ran RTL1090 and got it running with VRS quickly. At that point I decided to just give reinstalling mr-dump1090 a try. But instead I 1st D/L'ed dump1090 and it ran right off. After that all I did was lower the rf gain using the bat file which got me back to tracking 240+ A/C, so I''l leave it as-is for awhile.

Since Winter is right around the corner, I'll spend some time riding my MC now. And you're heading into Spring, must be nice

Thanks for the comments,

Dave T-KCLE6

Comment

• I spoke too soon. While I have dump1090 & VRS running I can't seem to get the data to feed to FR24, the web/status console shows nothing being tracked, so a work still in progress. At least my redesigned Collinear GP vertical is working well.
          However imagine my surprise when I was testing and VRS and this came up on the monitor;
          Attached Files

Comment

• Try avrtcp on 30002 for fr config. That will be processed data that fr24 app has filtered and tagged ( I assume) rather than unprocessed. That's what the doc hints at. Try that instead of raw

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Try avrtcp on 30002 for fr config. That will be processed data that fr24 app has filtered and tagged ( I assume) rather than unprocessed. That's what the doc hints at. Try that instead of raw

Thanks for the reply.
              no matter how I set-up the ports, I am still getting the "Could not connect to...." message.

A few times early-on, I would get a "Connected to the receiver..." message when FR24 was 1st started, then it would start the servers, and then just ping, ping and ping.
              Now I assume these pings mean it can't get to the receiver or it's not seeing data?

As far as the docs (and I mean no disrespect) what I have read seems written by folks who know all this as 2nd nature, for those of us not yet accustomed to it, it can be over-whelming.
              I have written tech manuals for equipment I designed, built and tested, so I understand how that happens.

Again Many Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by drk View Post
                Thanks for the reply.
                no matter how I set-up the ports, I am still getting the "Could not connect to...." message.

A few times early-on, I would get a "Connected to the receiver..." message when FR24 was 1st started, then it would start the servers, and then just ping, ping and ping.
                Now I assume these pings mean it can't get to the receiver or it's not seeing data?

As far as the docs (and I mean no disrespect) what I have read seems written by folks who know all this as 2nd nature, for those of us not yet accustomed to it, it can be over-whelming.
                I have written tech manuals for equipment I designed, built and tested, so I understand how that happens.

Again Many Thanks
                On a Pi right?

Then you need to step back to the source of the data. What you have connecting to the dongle. In this case, now Dump1090-mr? did you run the full setup of that to ensure the MLAT and --net options are being passed when it is launching. (and you dont have 2 instances of dump90 and RTL running)

See the Rpi thread. I've started talking someone through the commands to go back to basics there.

And if not, ensure --net is set, and you have RAW and BS off in fr24feed settings

If VRS is still working, its accepting data connections. But thats not to say on all the port it normally would open. Remember this is all command line, and if you run 1 it could remain resident for reboots and boob up the other if not removed properly. I've only discovered this by tinkering
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2015-09-27, 01:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  On a Pi right?

Then you need to step back to the source of the data. What you have connecting to the dongle. In this case, now Dump1090-mr? did you run the full setup of that to ensure the MLAT and --net options are being passed when it is launching. (and you dont have 2 instances of dump90 and RTL running)

See the Rpi thread. I've started talking someone through the commands to go back to basics there.

And if not, ensure --net is set, and you have RAW and BS off in fr24feed settings

If VRS is still working, its accepting data connections. But thats not to say on all the port it normally would open. Remember this is all command line, and if you run 1 it could remain resident for reboots and boob up the other if not removed properly. I've only discovered this by tinkering

Uh-oh No Windoze7 64bit

If I get all this working satisfactorily, then I would likely go with a Pi only to free up my PC.

Comment

• Hi!
                    I want to ask how to disable the time Synchronization? In my network NTP seems to be blocked, can not start feeding
                    2015-09-29 19:31:42 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                    2015-09-29 19:32:10 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
                    2015-09-29 19:32:10 | [main][w]Failed to synchronize time, waiting 5 seconds
                    2015-09-29 19:32:15 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                    2015-09-29 19:32:42 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
                    2015-09-29 19:32:42 | [main][w]Failed to synchronize time, waiting 5 seconds
                    2015-09-29 19:32:47 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                    2015-09-29 19:33:14 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
                    2015-09-29 19:33:14 | [main][w]Failed to synchronize time, waiting 5 seconds
                    2015-09-29 19:33:19 | [time][i]Synchronizing time via NTP
                    2015-09-29 19:33:48 | [time][e]Failed to synchronize time
                    2015-09-29 19:33:48 | [main][w]Failed to synchronize time, waiting 5 seconds

Win7, no MLAT, fr24feed_win32_1.0.14-9

Comment

• How do I uninstall the feeder from OS X?

Comment

• Snuck up, but theres a new windows release as of 5-oct

Comment

• Which still doesnt work with SBS-3 USB

Comment

• Originally posted by reboot81 View Post
                            How do I uninstall the feeder from OS X?
                            Drag it to the trash can, or right click the app, move to trash.

Comment

• Hi,

Since I've installed version 1.0.15-7 I'm unable to feed, as I'm getting a "Connection terminated" message (see attached screen capture)Captura de tela 2015-10-17 12.30.27.png.

Any idea?

Thanks,
                              Ivo
                              Last edited by ivocap; 2015-10-17, 11:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivocap View Post
                                Hi,

Since I've installed version 1.0.15-7 I'm unable to feed, as I'm getting a "Connection terminated" message (see attached screen capture)[ATTACH=CONFIG]6499[/ATTACH].

Any idea?

Thanks,
                                Ivo
                                Dump1090 is probably still running in background. Use task manager to kill all instances (or restart PC)

Comment

Working...
                                X