Page 47 of 64 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

First officer
    2 or 3 weeks ago there was a T-Radar between Thuringia and Hesse which broke the tracking in this region for 3 or 4 hours. No Registration, Callsign or flight track where available during that time. FR24 Server preferred this Station till it went offline (or it was disconnected from the network). However, I don't know how this Backend works - but sometimes it makes some strange things (like your Aegean Bus).

PS: Despite of that, FR24 should allow MLAT for T-Radars
    Regards,
    T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
    Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Passenger
    I would like to attach an LED to the Raspberry Pi that will flash every time I get a log entry in /var/log/fr24feed.log
    I know how flash to flash the LED. I was looking at the script in /etc/init.d/fr24feed for a way to insert few lines like this:
    gpio -g write 4 1
    sleep 0.5
    gpio -g write 4 0

with a gpio -g mode 4 out at the top in the of the inialization section.
    I get the LED to flash on and then in 0.5 seconds off. But it never repeats. I put the 3 lines within the start() function after the write command. I don't think I'm in the right place for this script in not in the logging loop of the aircrafts received.

Passenger
    How can I view the planes that are tracked with my raspberry pi at the moment?

With the OSX software there was an option to show the planes in range of the receiver. Is this working with the raspberry pi version too? Any hints?

Passenger
    Without a filter, you see all planes in range of all receivers. With a radar filter enabled with your radar call sign, you see planes "handed off" to your radar. These are not necessarily used to enhance the map accuracy. The FR24 computer on the network decides. The Raspberry Pi setup I have may not have the features you have, and visa versa.

Passenger
    Ok, that works with RadarView if I insert the IP address of my Raspberry Pi that is feeding FR24.

Thanks for that hint.

Passenger
    Emboldened by the comments above, I tried to update my FR24 software. I'm using an R820T dongle with RTL1090 software. My old fr24feed.exe was version 1.2.3.2 dated 13/04/2014. I downloaded the latest package which included fr24feed.exe version 1.0.11.6 dated 29/01/2015. There was no "installer/updater", so I copied across all the files that were newer than what I had installed.

Odd, I thought, that the new version was 1.0... when the old one was 1.2... but on I went.

The new software wasn't happy. It asked for my key, which I gave it. Then it complained about mr-dump1090.exe not working, so I copied that across and started it. It asked some more questions and then seemed happy. However, nothing was being uploaded and the "button" in RTL1090 that previously turned pink when stuff was being uploaded stayed blank.

I removed the new and put back the old, and it's all working fine - or seems to be.

Do I need to update, or is the "old" software (1.2.3.2) doing the job it should?

Quote Originally Posted by Keithj View Post
    Do I need to update, or is the "old" software (1.2.3.2) doing the job it should?
    try this thread, as the software was changed..
    http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...i-Linux-OSX%29

the latest version however is not 11-6 as in the thread, but this one, since version 6 was faulty:

http://feed.flightradar24.com/window...2-1.0.11-7.zip

you MUST unzip into a brand new folder and not copy anything into it.
    this new folder contains the executable feed file fr24feed.exe that you have to start
    on the first start it will ask you about all data, including your feeder ID.
    once finished, start the fr24feed.exe file preferably in admin mode!
    (right click on the file and select run as admin or change it permanently to start it as admin in the file settings or attributes)
    Last edited by eddm_muc; 2015-04-06 at 17:37.

Passenger
    Well, I did all that, exactly as you and the PDF say, but it didn't work.

Windows/generic/i386/1.0.11-6 is running, showing two green panels, but not uploading anything. Meanwhile, the dongle is working fine and tells me it has 18 aircraft in sight, of which most show * in the column under G*456^ The pink button on the dongle display that used to tell me it was working isn't there.

There is a DOS-type panel labelled "fr24feed" which tells me a whole load of stuff about starting, and then [feed] [n] ping and an increasing series of numbers. That sits in the main taskbar at the bottom of the screen. if I close it, the two-green-panels icon in the right-hand tray also goes away. I'd want to get rid of that because it takes up screen space that I use for other things.

If I click on "Feeder status" on the two-green-panels in the right-hand tray, I see this:
    FR24 Link: Connected via UDP
    FR24 Radar Code: T-EGXH14
    Aircraft Tracked (ModeS & ADS-B): 0
    Aircraft Uploaded: N/A
    Receiver: dvbt, Connected

For now, I've stopped that (but left it in position) and restarted the old version, which is once again happily feeding information to FR24.

I checked that libusbK.dll is present. It is, version 3.0.5.16 in c:\usb_driver\x86 and in c:\usb_driver\amd64 (where there is also a libusbK_x86.dll).

Curiously, while I had the new version running but not feeding, the "More Information" link was present in https://www.flightradar24.com/premium/ and showed "Nothing" for the past week or two. Now that I'm back to the old version, the "More Information" link has disappeared, but the page shows that data are being uploaded.

Very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by Keithj View Post
    Windows/generic/i386/1.0.11-6 is running,
    Thats the faulty version
    download version 7

don't close the dos window but click on the yellow green icon on the right side and select toggle console to put the DOS in the background...

the "more information" on FR24 is present, because the new software provides certain information.even if you are not uploading any aircrafts...

but I think you should deinstall all your zadig drivers and start from sratch..seems something wrong in your setup and the software can not get any data from your DVBT stick
    Last edited by eddm_muc; 2015-04-06 at 21:34.

Passenger
    I'm using the Raspberry Pi method of receiving FR24 traffic. This is written to /var/log as fr24feed.log
    I would like an LED to flash each time an entry is made to this file. I have been looking all over the file fr24feed in
    /etc/init.d trying to find a spot to insert a few lines of code to flash the LED. But, it seems this file is not the right place.
    The LED will flash on and then off with my half second delay, but only once. My new code is within start(). I don't think this is the main loop of the program. Any help?