Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the settings I'm using:

hIk6J6c.jpg

Should I not be using --net?

Comment

• You can leave the "Host" part blank Thomas. Try to start Dump1090 via console with that parameters and it will tell you why it won't start. Maybe something is already running on Port 8080 (thats the default port for Dump).
      Regards,
      T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
      Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

• I have been allocated a radar code - didn't know whether to post it?

dump1090 is tracking a number of flights right now every second. Plenty of fast updates. I will be looking to sort a better antenna (I have built a collinear RG6 based antenna but it doesn't seem to be working well right now, but that will be a different post, just want my current data being uploaded).

Comment

• Originally posted by equi View Post
          You can leave the "Host" part blank Thomas. Try to start Dump1090 via console with that parameters and it will tell you why it won't start. Maybe something is already running on Port 8080 (thats the default port for Dump).
          I'll try that.

dump1090 is working without problems, if I access the dump1090 interface (port 8080) there's flights being tracked live. It just seems that fr24feed isn't accepting or uploading the data.

Comment

• Ok good, glad to see that dump1090 is working with that parameters. However, delete the Host/IP section (leave it blank) and restart the software. Your radar code is crypted in the sharing key, so you have no need to enter it
            Regards,
            T-EDDE7

Comment

• Nothing in Host/IP and still no uploads.

The reason it restarts dump1090 every tens mins seems to because it isn't getting any messages!

2015-05-28 20:32:49 | [reader][w][0]Global timeout exceeded, 0 msgs, 0 resyncs, reconnecting
              2015-05-28 20:32:49 | [reader][i][0]Connection terminated
              2015-05-28 20:32:49 | [main][i]Terminating child process 7199 with SIGETERM
              2015-05-28 20:32:51 | [feed][n]ping 787
              2015-05-28 20:32:55 | [reader][i][0]Connecting to Generic receiver via (exe:///usr/local/bin/dump1090 --quiet --net --modeac --phase-enhance --aggressive --raw)
              2015-05-28 20:32:55 | [reader][i][0]Connected to the receiver, authenticating
              2015-05-28 20:32:55 | [reader][i][0]Authenticated, processing messages

Comment

• Originally posted by ant_thomas View Post
                Nothing in Host/IP and still no uploads.

The reason it restarts dump1090 every tens mins seems to because it isn't getting any messages!
                I did a reinstall and reconfiguration and everything looks to be working.

Now to get a decent antenna!

Comment

• Out of interest....

What happened to fr24feed_win32-1.0.12-5 for Windows? I have been running it on my box but finds that it stops working after a few days so I went to the download page to see if there is a new version and it's showing me fr24feed_win32-1.0.11-6 which is the old version.

Is there an issue with 1.0.12-5? Should I go back to old version or... ?
                  - Tony Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by ant_thomas View Post
                    I did a reinstall and reconfiguration and everything looks to be working.

Now to get a decent antenna!
                    Glad to read this Thomas, i didn't had any time yesterday to answer you - sorry
                    Regards,
                    T-EDDE7

Comment

• Hi guys,

And a software that works with the RadarBox? no longer exists?

Thanks
                      Virtual Radar - RadarBox Live Screen Shots
                      FR24:
                      F-LPSI1 Radar - Évora
                      RB24:
                      https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB500121 - Évora
                      http://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB101713 - Évora

Comment

• RPI2 & Dump1090-Mutability& r820T Dongle & ADS-B Antenne on Top of the roof receiving lot's of plane but very seldom the Track is shown on the screen; e.G T.EDDN1 show's much plane's which are close to my receiver (sometimes RSSI below -10)
                        Can anyone tell how FR24 selected the uploaded signal's
                        (here Aircraft Tracked ModeS & ADS-B : 54 AircraftTracked;; Uploaded: 37
                        tnx any information
                        Actuall some problem's using fr24feeder

Comment

• As a new windows user I'd thought I would provide some feedback.

The new windows fr24feed_win32-1.0.11-6 is not able to work in dual mode.
                          i.e. it is a stand alone product and feeds directly to flightradar24. It also requires access to the usb dongle alone with nothing else accessing the usb dongle as well.

When I had followed the guides I was curious why can I set up rtl1090 to view the broadcasts but cannot get it to transfer data into f24feed.
                          Unfortunately it does not work with rtl1090 simultaneously and yes I tried every port, every feed and even rtl1090 was in avr(tcp) mode on correct port 30003 flashing pink on bottom but still feed24 refused to open the port.

Fortunately I went hunting and found a Russian link which had the old feed24.exe
                          Installed this put in my sharing key and voila beautiful stuff.
                          I can now simultaneously use the rtl1090 and feed it into feed24 on windows and see it on flightradar(my account) showing "online" and working.

So perhaps I would recommend (yes I did send an email asking for links to the old software) to provide this to new users who followed the guide but never had success running the two software side-by-side.

Hope this helps new windows users feeding flightradar24.
                          Best of luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Paolo12 View Post
                            As a new windows user I'd thought I would provide some feedback.

The new windows fr24feed_win32-1.0.11-6 is not able to work in dual mode.
                            i.e. it is a stand alone product and feeds directly to flightradar24. It also requires access to the usb dongle alone with nothing else accessing the usb dongle as well.

When I had followed the guides I was curious why can I set up rtl1090 to view the broadcasts but cannot get it to transfer data into f24feed.
                            Unfortunately it does not work with rtl1090 simultaneously and yes I tried every port, every feed and even rtl1090 was in avr(tcp) mode on correct port 30003 flashing pink on bottom but still feed24 refused to open the port.

Fortunately I went hunting and found a Russian link which had the old feed24.exe
                            Installed this put in my sharing key and voila beautiful stuff.
                            I can now simultaneously use the rtl1090 and feed it into feed24 on windows and see it on flightradar(my account) showing "online" and working.

So perhaps I would recommend (yes I did send an email asking for links to the old software) to provide this to new users who followed the guide but never had success running the two software side-by-side.

Hope this helps new windows users feeding flightradar24.
                            Best of luck
                            Hi Paolo,

Can you send me the old software, or the link?

Thanks
                            Virtual Radar - RadarBox Live Screen Shots
                            FR24:
                            F-LPSI1 Radar - Évora
                            RB24:
                            https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB500121 - Évora
                            http://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB101713 - Évora

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerotower View Post
                              Hi Paolo,

Can you send me the old software, or the link?

Thanks
                              Hi,
                              I can't post links but plz check your pm.
                              EDIT: I can't even pm anyone (?)...
                              Last edited by Paolo12; 2015-06-04, 10:15.

Comment

• Hi

A bit confused about the information in the help file regarding the mpx setting.

I have a SBS-3 outputting on port 10001 and I have the FR24feed software connecting to that ok, as far as I can tell.

I have enabled the mpx setting and I have BaseStation connecting to FR24feed on port 20072

The help file, in two different places states the following:-

--mpx=BOOL - Defaults to “no” and decides whether or not the SBS1/3 compatible data
                                stream should be enabled on port 10001. This option is only available when Kinetic
                                Avionics receiver is used to enable Basestation connection. For all other receivers this
                                options is ignored.

To enable SBS1 compatible data feed please enable the “MPX” feed either by using the
                                WWW configuration form or by adding mpx=”yes” in the fr24feed configuration file. After
                                you do that you can start Basestation and configure its data interface to use TCP/IP
                                connection where IP = 127.0.0.1 and port = 20072.
                                * - This option is only available for those who own a Kinetic Avionics SBS1/3 family
                                receiver.

So am I to understand that FR24feed "generates" an output on port 10001 or port 20072 or both? If it's generating on port 10001 then I would need to change the setting in the SBS-3 from 10001 to something else to avoid conflict would I not?

Could someone please clarify the correct setup and whether my understanding is correct?

Thank-you

Comment

Working...
                                X