Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (Win/RPi/Linux/OSX)

Quote Originally Posted by piopawlu View Post
    That's exactly what happens.. it will split and rotate when it's active at midnight UTC. I will add a check for last modified timestamp when writing to a log so it splits when the feeding starts. The same behaviour is true for all platforms.
    Thank you. Hej då, -Wolli-

release notes / date instructions manual

Hej Piotr, I'm sorry, two more issues:

1) I just installed fr24feed_win32-1.0.10-6.zip (issued today) and found that the "logfile bug" (see posting #326, three postings above) is still not fixed. A minor problem actually, but due to the lack of release notes in the zipfile I don't know whether this should have been fixed with 1.0.10-6 or not. Could you please add release notes to future zipfiles?

2) "By chance" I just noticed that a new release of the "fr24feed-manual.pdf" is online (PDF internal date 2015-01-08). I did not notice this earlier as the page http://feed.flightradar24.com/windows/ states that this manual is (still) dated 2014-10-29. Maybe you wish to update this date, occasionally.

Kind regards, -Wolli-
    Last edited by Wolli; 2015-01-13 at 18:26.

1) The logfile bug is fixed, but it does not read the contents of the logfile, it checks the latest modification timestamp. As a further improvement a rotate by size option will be added later.

2) Yes,, I think I modified that for most platforms, must have forgotten about Windows, thanks, will fix it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by piopawlu View Post
    1) The logfile bug is fixed, but it does not read the contents of the logfile, it checks the latest modification timestamp. As a further improvement a rotate by size option will be added later.

2) Yes,, I think I modified that for most platforms, must have forgotten about Windows, thanks, will fix it tomorrow.
    Reply to 1): It is - of course - up to you, in which way you make sure, that the logfile's size does not increase "beyond all borders". This has to be fixed. Not tomorrow though, but in the near future. Generally, please include release notes into the zipfile in future releases. Thank you.

Reply to 2): Thank you.

Hej då, -Wolli-

Piotr,

concerning the "logfile bug", as I see today, the logfile was splitted by the feeder when I started the feeder today (fr24feed_win32-1.0.10-6). I now understand your statement concerning the modification timestamp. The split is obviously performed if the feeder detects, that the day-part of the modification timestamp is not today (or is in the past, respectively). This is a nice, suitable and satisfactory solution. Thank you very much. I see the "logfile bug" now as fixed.

Hej då, -Wolli-

Passenger
    Would you consider a change to the license to allow redistribution of unmodified binaries? (e.g. as part of a sdcard image)

@obj, I will contact you by email about it.

Passenger
    piopawlu, if you see now my feed is suddenly offline. I'm using fr24feed_win32-1.0.10-6.
    Internet and decoder are ok.

Passenger
    When my PC goes to 'sleep' or I put it to 'sleep' - on waking up, I don't seem to pick up any aircraft... I find I have to restart to get things back to normal. The usb device is still detected etc. It's quite odd..

Not sure if this is my problem or something others have noticed..

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by toString View Post
    When my PC goes to 'sleep' or I put it to 'sleep' - on waking up, I don't seem to pick up any aircraft... I find I have to restart to get things back to normal. The usb device is still detected etc. It's quite odd..

Not sure if this is my problem or something others have noticed..
    This is a windows function, not the software in question. Serial devices are reset when PC is suspended/sleep so connection is severed.