FR24 Map issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Map issue

It seems we have a wordwide issue with the map display at the moment affecting all feeds, FAA, 'T' and 'F' feeds. FR24 have been contacted and I'm sure they are working on it as I type. The map will hopefully be back up as soon as possible so please be patient.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2014-05-16, 02:04.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

It's been a couple of hours or so.

"Keep calm and look to the sky instead"

I'm sure they'll find the planes again. Maybe someone accidentally packed them away!

Comment

Originally posted by fungus View Post
      It seems we have a wordwide issue with the map display at the moment affecting all feeds, FAA, 'T' and 'F' feeds. FR24 have been contacted and I'm sure they are working on it as I type. The map will hopefully be back up as soon as possible so please be patient.

Regards,
      Gregg

Server crashed ? Only a few flights around London seen.
      F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
        Server crashed ? Only a few flights around London seen.

Birdie,

Looks like it may be multiple servers mate. All we can do is wait.

Regards,
        Gregg
        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
          It's been a couple of hours or so.

I'm sure they'll find the planes again. Maybe someone accidentally packed them away!
          Hope it is not another " MH370 ". LOL
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Hope it is not another " MH370 ". LOL
            Not touching that one Birdie. Too soon mate.

Got a response from FR24:

"Thank you for contacting Flightradar24.com.
            A support ticket has been created with reference number XXXXX.
            We will review your message as soon as possible and reply again, usually within 48 hours. During weekends it may be longer".

... Might have to get Mike's phone number.
            Last edited by fungus; 2014-05-16, 03:38.

Comment

Not sure its related, but at the same time FR247 went belly up My windows -7 PC flashed up that Flashplayer was off . wonder if its a flash issue .??? or just coincidental...

Comment

Over 4 hours and just 8 planes visible throughout the world. Aussie readers will know who Kerry Packer was and I am reminded of his question to those around his deathbed: "How long does it ****ing take"? As usual, the poor bloody mods are left holding the can and nobody who actually knows what's going on ever comes on here and says anything useful. But they don't mind tweeting how many followers they have and similar useless crap though.

Comment

Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
                  Not sure its related, but at the same time FR247 went belly up My windows -7 PC flashed up that Flashplayer was off . wonder if its a flash issue .??? or just coincidental...
                  Windows updated my atom laptop last night, maybe i am a FR24 server
                  Joking aside... indeed something is very wrong. Data is sent but not shared with the website.

Edit: Oh a few minutes later, all traffic is visible again at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
                  Last edited by Jarod; 2014-05-16, 05:34.

Comment

yes, she's coming good now slowly, Mike must have paid the electricity bill

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      Over 4 hours and just 8 planes visible throughout the world. Aussie readers will know who Kerry Packer was and I am reminded of his question to those around his deathbed: "How long does it ****ing take"? As usual, the poor bloody mods are left holding the can and nobody who actually knows what's going on ever comes on here and says anything useful. But they don't mind tweeting how many followers they have and similar useless crap though.

I don't speak for FR24, but I speak on behalf of the poor souls who are dragged out of bed to fix it (crap never happens in work hours, never!)

As one who has been involved in managing data centre's, the old saying comes to mind: What would you rather me and engineers be doing - answering the phone, emails, twitter, and instant messaging? or fixing the fscking problem?

...and...

All you need to know is " we are aware of it" which means: someone's working on it and it'll be back when its back and no I'm not going to give any time frames because at 7 seconds passed that time, if its not back, you'll be back, pestering the crap out of my customer support staff saying you told me it would be back by blah blah blah" and so on, and so on, and so on

Comment

The face book page is no better,

Comment

There was some kind of database issue that should be resolved since 60+ minutes. We are checking the cause of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ressy View Post
                            I don't speak for FR24, but I speak on behalf of the poor souls who are dragged out of bed to fix it (crap never happens in work hours, never!)

As one who has been involved in managing data centre's, the old saying comes to mind: What would you rather me and engineers be doing - answering the phone, emails, twitter, and instant messaging? or fixing the fscking problem?

...and...

All you need to know is " we are aware of it" which means: someone's working on it and it'll be back when its back and no I'm not going to give any time frames because at 7 seconds passed that time, if its not back, you'll be back, pestering the crap out of my customer support staff saying you told me it would be back by blah blah blah" and so on, and so on, and so on
                            So you toil in IT - am I supposed to be impressed? It's a job like all others and people choose to do them. All of us have crosses to bear. Instead of reading what you want to into the words that I wrote have another considered read of them and you may just find that my essential point was that lack of communication with paying customers is a common and ongoing problem with FR24. An acknowledgement of the issue to all on this forum and that it could be down for 12, 24, 48, what ever hours would have been fine. Where on this thread is there a single word from FR24 until after the problem was fixed? Where was even your arrogant, tech-head phrase "we are aware of it" other than in an automated response to support that one member received.

FR24 is a commercial undertaking and they need to lift their act. If you hold a different view then that is your right but don't expect others to agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                              So you toil in IT - am I supposed to be impressed? It's a job like all others and people choose to do them. All of us have crosses to bear. Instead of reading what you want to into the words that I wrote have another considered read of them and you may just find that my essential point was that lack of communication with paying customers is a common and ongoing problem with FR24. An acknowledgement of the issue to all on this forum and that it could be down for 12, 24, 48, what ever hours would have been fine. Where on this thread is there a single word from FR24 until after the problem was fixed? Where was even your arrogant, tech-head phrase "we are aware of it" other than in an automated response to support that one member received.

FR24 is a commercial undertaking and they need to lift their act. If you hold a different view then that is your right but don't expect others to agree with you.
                              I aint here to impress, but since you clearly have no comprehension of what's involved you needed to be educated a bit... you can not put a time frame on it, why? read my last post, the one you reckon I'm trying to impress with...

You, are a classic example of the type I was referring too - given your comments.

(you also don't put a time frame on it because you have to locate the fault, fix the fault, find out why it happened to make sure it doesn't happen again, and when there are clusters of servers the potential for delay is much larger, Mike has since said a database issue, some database issues can be fixed in literally 15 seconds, others 15 hours, or 2 days if requiring restoration from tapes, depending on the size, error state, and damage.)

Lastly, I can only ROFLMFAO about saying only " we are aware of it ", is arrogant, if engineers told everyone exactly, 999/1000 times we would then have to spend the next 2 hours trying to layman term break it all down and in the end you still likely wouldn't understand a darn thing. Let's also not forget it would have been middle of night where FR24 servers are, so I think the restoration came pretty quick considering.

and I for one who understands these dilemmas, are appreciative of Mike and his crew resolving it so fast, job well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X