Clear All

• First glider ever seen for me on this

GLIDER.jpg
    Schempp-Hirth Discus CS, G-CHPH

Is the next thing paper darts? - bring it on

Saw one today too...

Screenshot 2014-05-03 16.47.40.png

Comment

A lot of gliders in The Netherlands also. Visible with ADS-B GPS.
      Some visible via MLAT, for example PH 774 same screenshot.

I wonder how much we are not seeing that use FLARM.

Comment

Not a Glider..but anyone have an idea of what I have been picking up the past couple days at 65K feet and 10 - 15Kts ?
        The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Another had mentioned a 'Google Loon' .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Loon
        Thinking perhaps just 'Bad Data' ? It is just SE of Lethbridge..shows 'No Callsign'..but is Tx ADS-B Data ?
        F-CYQL1

Comment

Interstingly, the HEX code on that ? at 63000' shows up on Aiframes.org as unknown, country of origin; Afganistan.

Your query for aircraft ICAO24-address 700020. Result: 0 rows.

ICAO24-address 700020 is from Afghanistan
          F-YBNA2

Comment

Well.. 'poof..its Gone' ! I inquired with FR24 Staff.. still not sure wth I was picking up "
            Thank you for contacting Flightradar24.com.

Yes, we think this is a Google balloon. We can't be absolutely sure, because the HEX code is not a standard issue.
            Barbara
            Flightradar24.com Support

I also contacted the 'Google Loon Balloon Group'..to see if they had 'actually Launched One' in that area..will notify All when I find out for sure !
            Jerry
            F-CYQL1

'NO..its now showing up again' !
            The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
            Last edited by VE6CPP; 2014-05-09, 16:23. Reason: update

Comment

There is no need contact Google Loon as you will probably not get any good answers. The asked us for position data of their balloons, so we asked them for hex-codes for the balloons thet want data for and they answered "it's classified"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                There is no need contact Google Loon as you will probably not get any good answers. The asked us for position data of their balloons, so we asked them for hex-codes for the balloons thet want data for and they answered "it's classified"
                Thanks Mike.. I 'signed up' to be a 'Google Loon Pilot' (or whatever it was called on their website ! Hopefully, can find out a bit more Info ? It is still tracking West, towards my location..will try and get a 'picture' of it..if it is, in fact a
                'Google Loon' !
                Jerry
                F-CYQL1

Comment

I spotted a 2nd one North of the one I had spotted, with the HBAL189 FL#..I am sure the first one, which is still aloft South of High River, also had a FL# on Thursday when I first spotted it..

F-CYQL1

Comment

I see they are still aloft North West of me, towards the Rocky Mtns..! Here is a lil video on 'what they are trying to achieve'..
                    Learn more about Loon, X's moonshot in expanding connectivity with stratospheric balloons.

F-CYQL1

Comment

In a related vein, my 'open glider networks' box just picked up its first glider today (raspberry pi with sdr dongle and 8-1/2 element 868.3 MHz coco running the OGN feeder s/w)
                      Ben.
                      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
                        In a related vein, my 'open glider networks' box just picked up its first glider today (raspberry pi with sdr dongle and 8-1/2 element 868.3 MHz coco running the OGN feeder s/w)
                        Ben.
                        Any Windows software for this?

Comment

Working...
                        X