Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: Malaysia Radar

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by yazidrus View Post
    Yup, the sleepy thread... pinching my thigh if I am sleep walking now hehe

Need to extend the antenna height as the coverage distance I am achieved so far 146nm. Hopefully I am managed to do it this coming weekend. The current height is about 4m from the ground, a new plan is to be set up is another 1.5m by using the hollow aluminium. Roughly I will be getting 6 or 6m overall in height. I am afraid as at 85kg in weight and at the age reaching 50, climbing a ladder with shaky knees to be expected. Wish me luck.
    Be careful brother. Get somebody younger to help you. Mine is atop the roof of my double story house. No way for me to climb. Got the Astro installers to fix it for me. Kena bayar lah.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpost View Post
    Be careful brother. Get somebody younger to help you. Mine is atop the roof of my double story house. No way for me to climb. Got the Astro installers to fix it for me. Kena bayar lah.
    haha... already panjat, but with full of caution, thank you. Have to climb again tomorrow as the pole holder is so small and to be replaced with a bigger one, can see it swinging even with a mild wind.
    Last edited by yazidrus; 2017-09-15 at 15:20.

Passenger
    ok, some slight progress I guess. My antenna managed to elevate another 1m higher from the orginal level. But have to put it down again due the sudden heavy rain and stormy all over the sky. Disconnect everything for few hours and intended to resume all the work to the next day. Received automated email from support asking on why my feeder been offline.

Passenger
    Hi Malaysians, good morning. Just had my roti canai and teh tarik. Now time to see my radar progress. I am still learning few things, but at first I'll let myself having some fun spotting ACs and feeding it to the world. The longest distance achieved so far is around 183nm, and today is 171nm which I believe is pretty good.