No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have 5 x 130 Watts panel set up in this installation that is providing power for CCTV, PC, LED lighting etc. Battery is a 2 x 12 volts 200Ah deep discharge gel battery. i ride on an existing internet line.

if u plan to have a remote station, 2 x 90W panel is more than sufficient to power the FR receiver and the modem plus a pc and lighting. such a systems would cost about 2 K as u mentioned.

drop me your email at swleesr at yahoo dot com and i will send some pics.

i am also into long distant wifi link say 20~50km depending on terrain if you want to avoid a dongle type of internet connection at the remote site.

rgds

Comment

• Hello everyone
      F-WMBA1 checking in.. newbies here.. harap beri tunjuk ajar

Comment

• Originally posted by sUbstAncE View Post
        Hello everyone
        Welcome WMBA - Sitiawan. Nothing much to tunjuk ajar. Setup the receiver as instructed by FR24 team and it will take of everything.

Comment

Hello everyone
          Morning and welcome to the group. The most critical of all is good placement of the antenna so it has a good view of the sky, without much obstructions like high rise building/trees/roof. That will give you good range if you can do that but in real life there will be some kind of obstructions somewhere. The group has been very quiet of late but we are around so just drop a message if you have any queries.

Comment

Hello everyone
            welcome F-WMBA1,

Sitiawan has a flat topography. good site.

selamat datang.

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
              i have 5 x 130 Watts panel set up in this installation that is providing power for CCTV, PC, LED lighting etc. Battery is a 2 x 12 volts 200Ah deep discharge gel battery. i ride on an existing internet line.

if u plan to have a remote station, 2 x 90W panel is more than sufficient to power the FR receiver and the modem plus a pc and lighting. such a systems would cost about 2 K as u mentioned.

drop me your email at swleesr at yahoo dot com and i will send some pics.

i am also into long distant wifi link say 20~50km depending on terrain if you want to avoid a dongle type of internet connection at the remote site.

rgds
              Hi startomatic,

Dropped you an email yesterday please check whether it went into junk mail just in case if you didn't see it.

Comment

• TQ NBR, yup im aware of that. For now my antenna is on top of my roof sharing with my vhf antenna pole.. and it is getting coverage only between 160nm. Couldn't wait for this weekend. Hopefully better placement will give better result. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by startomatic View Post
                  welcome F-WMBA1,

Sitiawan has a flat topography. good site.

selamat datang.
                  TQ startomatic

Comment

TQ NBR, yup im aware of that. For now my antenna is on top of my roof sharing with my vhf antenna pole.. and it is getting coverage only between 160nm. Couldn't wait for this weekend. Hopefully better placement will give better result. Thanks for the tip.
                    You listen to air band? Or for something else on VHF?

In my experience of my setup, VHF has a slightly better signal reception compared to adsb where there is some obstruction around. Not surprised I suppose due to the difference in frequency, adsb being more easily attenuated by objects.

Comment

• yup i listen to lumpur tower ocasionally.. but mainly its for amateur radio.. for now on my 4th day with FR24 receiver.. im only getting maximum distance of 160nm.. is it normal for stock receiver and antenna?

Comment

yup i listen to lumpur tower ocasionally.. but mainly its for amateur radio.. for now on my 4th day with FR24 receiver.. im only getting maximum distance of 160nm.. is it normal for stock receiver and antenna?
                        Range is a tricky issue. It all depends on what is around you. And I think you know them anyway.

At a decent relatively flat terrain you can get about 200-250nm range. At a flat and high terrain something like 250-300nm perhaps. Anything more than 350nm is rejected as there reading are highly dubious - an outlier. What FR24 wants is good and solid data and normally that is around 200nm plus minus. Getting 160nm is not too bad, see what else is possible for the antenna location and height wise and that might improve its range if you have a better place to place it.

Comment

• Forgot to mention... our kawan WMKN1 has fantastic range. His set up is a tower nearby the sea. He can get very far into the sea... just not reaching Natuna yet! We still are helpless in getting feeders there.

Comment

• wow.. thats great.. we should have some meet up or eyeball with each other..

setting any kind of station remotely sure is hard as i have some experience setting up amateur repeater using solar panel as power source.. but adb-s station need internet connection.. thats new to me.. hopefully it will be a successful one..

Comment

wow.. thats great.. we should have some meet up or eyeball with each other..

setting any kind of station remotely sure is hard as i have some experience setting up amateur repeater using solar panel as power source.. but adb-s station need internet connection.. thats new to me.. hopefully it will be a successful one..
                              We do have some people who knows about setting up long range internet connection. Startomatic is one of them.

So far there hasn't been any meet ups, but there is a significant numbers of feeders in Semenanjung, and quite a portion are also ham radio operators. There is a FB group flightradar24 malaysian feeders, operated by ruth. So there is quite some common topics to discuss about if there is a meeting up.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                We do have some people who knows about setting up long range internet connection. Startomatic is one of them.

So far there hasn't been any meet ups, but there is a significant numbers of feeders in Semenanjung, and quite a portion are also ham radio operators. There is a FB group flightradar24 malaysian feeders, operated by ruth. So there is quite some common topics to discuss about if there is a meeting up.
                                let me know when u guys are up to this crime. i believe if done over the ocean with a clear line of sight, 200km is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X