Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Radar

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    Hi Edward, noticed your feed is back online this morning so it was resolved quicker than expected. good job to tm.
    Yeah, I was surprised too. In fact, it's resolved once the clock strikes 12am the same night..
    If I knew that, I wouldn't be posting about it here then.. Kudos to them!
    ~~F-WBGR1~~

Purser
    Ex-WMKC3 is been reactivated with new location -Klang and new call sign - F-WMSA3
    Last edited by kucengemok; 2016-09-23 at 10:56.

First officer
    Welcome back. Was wondering if you had moved or not.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by skyland127 View Post
    hi, may i know how to buy the 1090mhz antenna at malaysia?
    skyland127,

sorry i don't frequent these forums as i used to.
    I have an extra external 1090MHz antenna, would you still be interested?

Passenger
    Hello Everyone... I have just started feeding: F-WBSB1
    I am located in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. The first feeder from this country.
    Aircraft on the ground and at the gate can now be seen from BWN. Before signals were lost at about 100 metres or so.

Passenger
    Hi, Welcome to FR24. I am from kuching Sarawak. How do you get the feeder ? i tried apply many times failed. How high you install your antenna ? The higher the better. I always going Brunei. Best is BWN didn't have much high building, so as long as your antenna have a clear view sky and about 60 feets high then will be great. Thanks.

Passenger
    Hello Maxxtech. I applied for the receiver and was probably successful only because there are no other feeders in the country. I was planning on doing the raspberry thing but tried this first. Yes my location is good and I have my antenna in a good spot. It could be better but the 10 metre limit with coax prevents me going any higher. Thanks for your comments.

PS - I love Kuching, even though I haven't visited for about 12 years

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxtech View Post
    Hi, Welcome to FR24. I am from kuching Sarawak. How do you get the feeder ? i tried apply many times failed. How high you install your antenna ? The higher the better. I always going Brunei. Best is BWN didn't have much high building, so as long as your antenna have a clear view sky and about 60 feets high then will be great. Thanks.
    Good morning maxxtech.

T-WBGG4 range is as good as or even better than F-WBGG3. Maybe FR24 has enough receivers there I don't know. I can drop an email and enquire for you. Can you tell me your FR24 application number please? Maybe Olov will give an explanation at least if your application is not accepted for now. Things might change sometimes i.e. feeder moves away etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalele View Post
    Hello Everyone... I have just started feeding: F-WBSB1
    I am located in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. The first feeder from this country.
    Aircraft on the ground and at the gate can now be seen from BWN. Before signals were lost at about 100 metres or so.
    Hello Vaalele from Kinabalu!

I recall F-WBSB1 came online quite a while back perhaps a year ago or more but then went missing. I guess that is you? You moved and got a better location I guess? Welcome back Glad to have you back as well as providing ground coverage for WBSB. Let's hope your Sultan gives his blessing? His fleet of aircrafts regs are removed from FR24 database for his privacy.

Hopefully with your receiver back online we have better MLAT coverage. Though it's a shame the tip of Borneo, Kudat still hasn't have a receiver which can provide better coverage north of Sabah.

Passenger
    Thank you for the welcome. Not sure who the first F-WBSB was then...not me. Anyway yes I hope this feeder helps with MLAT tracking.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalele View Post
    Thank you for the welcome. Not sure who the first F-WBSB was then...not me. Anyway yes I hope this feeder helps with MLAT tracking.
    Ah right ok nevermind! Glad to have a new feeder at WBSB. There has been some MLAT5 from exisiting feeders, yours being in the middle of Miri, Labuan, Kinabalu should help. Only the odd AT75, some private jets and some B737 showing up with MLAT is what I noticed off Labuan or abeam waypoint MAMOK.