• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    New FR24 receivers

2015-04-20 - WBGG3 - Kuching, MY
    2015-04-20 - WBGG2 - Kuching, MY
    There's WBGG3 too? Wow, 2 new receivers activated in one day!
    ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
      There's WBGG3 too? Wow, 2 new receivers activated in one day!
      Yes 2 in 1 day that I didn't notice WBGG3 at all until today. Much welcomed especially WBGG2 seems to extend towards the east quite well. Not much joy for getting a/c showing near Natuna but that is in a way expected. Working with the contact given by whateveralsohere on locating potential hosts around Sarawak to improve coverage but I predict it will be slow. Hopefully not as slow and painstaking in the effort to find a feeder at Palawan.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Hopefully not as slow and painstaking in the effort to find a feeder at Palawan.
        1-1/2 yrs ago, I sent out many emails to all various tall hotels in Puerto Princesa ( some near the airport ) highlighting about FR24 and the free use of Premium display if they feed data, but sadly none of them reply to my emails.

Maybe, Mike should take a vacation there, carrying with him a few FR24 Kits - and offer to install them on the spot. LOL
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
          1-1/2 yrs ago, I sent out many emails to all various tall hotels in Puerto Princesa ( some near the airport ) highlighting about FR24 and the free use of Premium display if they feed data, but sadly none of them reply to my emails.

Maybe, Mike should take a vacation there, carrying with him a few FR24 Kits - and offer to install them on the spot. LOL
          From what I heard FR24 is working on something for there but it will be a slow progress. So yeah perhaps if Mike or Olov goes over there for a holiday ha things might move faster.
          Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-04-25, 13:41.

Comment

• From my preliminary observations F-WBGG3 is doing a very good job in covering areas east of Natuna and sometimes abeam of Natuna, reducing the void for those KUL bound to East Malaysia (BKI/LBU/MYY etc)/MNL-SIN route so it must be on a tall tower or something.

I don't think it is due to tropospheric ducting leading to such good ranges but I will observe a few more days to see whether the positions reported remains consistent. Happy to see the void around Natuna has got smaller though. If you are reading this F-WBGG3 many thanks for your efforts! And also to whateveralsohere F-WBGG2 too! F-WBGG1, you have good companions now!
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-04-25, 13:45.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
              From my preliminary observations F-WBGG3 is doing a very good job in covering areas east of Natuna and sometimes abeam of Natuna, reducing the void for those KUL bound to East Malaysia (BKI/LBU/MYY etc)/MNL-SIN route so it must be on a tall tower or something.

I don't think it is due to tropospheric ducting leading to such good ranges but I will observe a few more days to see whether the positions reported remains consistent. Happy to see the void around Natuna has got smaller though. If you are reading this F-WBGG3 many thanks for your efforts! And also to whateveralsohere F-WBGG2 too! F-WBGG1, you have good companions now!
              Yes, with GG2 & 3 coming on line. The coverage around Kuching and the surrounding areas has improved tremendously. GG3's coverage towards Natuna is also good. At least some of the blind spots has been filled. Well done Kuching F-Feeders.

Comment

• EM2.jpg

F-WBGG3 getting position of a/c just North East of Natuna. There is some overlapping coverage with Miri, Labuan & Kinabalu feeders with WBGG3. Amazingly for Kuching, all 3 F receivers can see ground traffic, not something achieved by others in Malaysia (I think Kota Bharu is close).

I am working with the contact given by whateveralsohere, as well as a lead for Ranai, Natuna. I shall not reveal furthermore until something concrete has materialize for these few areas of interest.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-04-26, 02:07.

Comment

• Hi Guys,

Did anyone notice that we have F-WMKJ4 feeding from Johore?

There are still three F-feeders there KJ1, KJ3 & KJ4.
                  KJ4 is replacing the broken KJ2.

Thanks.

Comment

• new feeder for Kelantan..F-WMKC5 spotted today

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                      new feeder for Kelantan..F-WMKC5 spotted today
                      Wah!!! F-WMKC5 now for Kota Baru. Are the other 1-4 still operational?

Comment

• all are working...Kc1-Kc5 are working as suggested....most of the receivers are stationed around Kota Bharu..but we are still looking for the people/someone to host the receivers for Gua Musang and Jeli...

Comment

• due to internet condition..it will be hard to get people to assist for better coverage....

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                            Wah!!! F-WMKC5 now for Kota Baru. Are the other 1-4 still operational?

F-WMKC5 located in Tanah Merah, Kelantan...

Comment

• There is T-WMKC2, Located in Melor, Kelantan.

Not sure it in Bachok District or also Kota Bharu.

Comment

• well,that's great as managed to secure more receivers and to know the people behind it too.. as rani kulup said..kipidap!!

Comment

Working...
                                X