No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am having issues with my broadband ADSL connection. There is no connection at all since early hours and when I got up I tried several methods but non of it worked to regain the broadband connection.

I suspect a hardware failure but will take sometime to get this sorted I think, so both feeds will be down for an undetermined time.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
      The new feeder spawns a new task every ten minutes that becomes a zombie after it does what it has to, the only way to kill the zombies is to kill the feeder and they all die (presumably they starve ) - then restart the feeder. On my Pi I do this using a cron job at 2am and 2pm (quietest parts of the day)
      Thanks peterhr for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        I am having issues with my broadband ADSL connection. There is no connection at all since early hours and when I got up I tried several methods but non of it worked to regain the broadband connection.

I suspect a hardware failure but will take sometime to get this sorted I think, so both feeds will be down for an undetermined time.
        Try this NBR.

Unplug all connections including the line feed from outside, leave for 60 seconds.
        Next connect your line outside first, then connect all the ethernet cables.
        Next if you have a modem and a Wi-Fi / Hub switch on the power for the modem first.
        Then finally, once the modem has booted up switch on the Wi-Fi Hub. (If your modem is built into your Hub just start it once all the cables are connected.)

Hope that gets you sorted.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
          Try this NBR.

Unplug all connections including the line feed from outside, leave for 60 seconds.
          Next connect your line outside first, then connect all the ethernet cables.
          Next if you have a modem and a Wi-Fi / Hub switch on the power for the modem first.
          Then finally, once the modem has booted up switch on the Wi-Fi Hub. (If your modem is built into your Hub just start it once all the cables are connected.)

Hope that gets you sorted.
          unable, thanks for your advice however speedy. By the way, you don't update the station list anymore is it?

Internet connection restored. Must be something the ISP side have to do, did see at tm car outside those phone line terminals doing something. Must be the rain last night.. it was very heavy. But I wouldn't think that should affect it though. We do live in a country where rain can come down bucket loads.

Comment

I am having issues with my broadband ADSL connection. There is no connection at all since early hours and when I got up I tried several methods but non of it worked to regain the broadband connection.

Surprised you guy are still using ADSL.

Here, ADSL is now consigned to the Museum and replaced by Fibre directly into the home @ 100 Mbs.

Copper fixed lines are progressively phased out.
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post

Here, ADSL is now consigned to the Museum and replaced by Fibre directly into the home @ 100 Mbs.

You're lucky @Birdie...
              on our land, 100mbps fibre is the highest speed now... and only for business area.. most of us for home user are using 5mbps or 10mbps fibre... 20mbps is expensive.. almost USD $100
              while other remote area (not so remote..) were still using 1mbps copper cable... and only upgradable to 4mbps...

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post

hahaha...
                malaysia just come out from 3rd world...
                still using old tech...
                our internet speed,slow and expensive.

Comment

• Optical Internet is just introduced throughout the world
                  You are not third world country if you don't have FO.
                  OECD-fixed-broadband-type-by-country.png
                  For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
                    hahaha...
                    malaysia just come out from 3rd world...
                    still using old tech...
                    our internet speed,slow and expensive.
                    Hahaha .. Malaysia boleh !
                    F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Long time no see T-WBGG1... perhaps overshadowed by F-WBGG1 which is offline at the moment.
                      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-05-07, 01:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by atoi68 View Post
                        T-WMSA12 is mine. Located at Taman Kosas, Ampang Selangor.
                        Hi and welcome to the forum atoi68... quite a few of you covering WMSA/WMKK area. Keep it up.

Comment

• Alex,

any progress for your venture into airband?

Comment

• No aircraft over Borneo at this time. FR24 website having problems.

Comment

Alex,

any progress for your venture into airband?
                              too bad didnt hv time to do it yet....
                              will update once done....

Comment

• I noted your post Limpost,

The new feeder spotted thread is only for that purpose anything not related admin will delete it.

There will be new feeders coming on and off I suppose, some will stay full time some part time some probably just a give it a try and then pack it up, depending on their interest. It is not surprising to have many feeders in a city, Sydney and Tokyo Haneda airport has a lot of feeders.

Yes it is a shame no feeder is close enough to KLIA1&2 to give ground coverage and low coverage. Guess it's too far from residential area. If MAHB is willing to host a FR24 receiver I am sure FR24 will send one. Maybe we can write a letter to MAHB to apply for one lol! Can only hope someone near enough the airport provides a feed in the future.

Alex,

Ok... let us know about it after you get it up and running. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X