Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edward93 View Post
    All right, my mom picked up the shipment at DHL Miri District Office in the afternoon after 7 days of shipping from Munich on Feb 12, through Leipzig, SG and KCH. No queries & payments requested by the customs. And since CNY is coming, the installation may be delayed or may not, but will try to get it up ASAP. Haven't informed FR24 yet, but will do that later or tomorrow, because I haven't opened it yet.

About the coverage until Natuna Islands, we'll see about that when the installation is complete, hopefully I could cover as much area as possible though.

Happy CNY ya all!!
    Thanks for the update. Good to know the package got delivered without being held by customs. It really varies.

Don't worry about the installation... relax and enjoy the festive holiday first.

As for Natuna, that will sort itself out. Just make sure you level the antenna bracket well so the pole and antenna is 90 degrees up to the air, clear of any obstructions (if possible) for good signal reception. Hope you get good range out towards the South China Sea. Don't think you could reach Natuna, a feeder around Bintulu would, and I will continue to work on getting a feed at Bintulu and Kudat. Tried a few for Kuching and one for Bintulu but alas, no joy - they didn't even bother to reply!

correction: I mean, a feeder around Bintulu should get closer to Natuna. Still, it cant reach Natuna I think unless there is good line of sight. What I do expect and hope will be correct, is the KUL-MYY/BKI/LBU/BWN route to have better tracking around Miri as me and my counterpart at Labuan struggle at the extremity of our coverage towards the west of us.

Just spotted a DC3 from MLAT at 5000ft plus. not bad! What a legendary plane! Canadian reg plane Reg C-FTGX and built in 2008. How I wish I can see and hear a DC3 with my own eyes and ears!

DC3.jpg
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-19, 02:37.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      Thanks for the update. Good to know the package got delivered without being held by customs. It really varies.

Don't worry about the installation... relax and enjoy the festive holiday first.

As for Natuna, that will sort itself out. Just make sure you level the antenna bracket well so the pole and antenna is 90 degrees up to the air, clear of any obstructions (if possible) for good signal reception. Hope you get good range out towards the South China Sea. Don't think you could reach Natuna, a feeder around Bintulu would, and I will continue to work on getting a feed at Bintulu and Kudat. Tried a few for Kuching and one for Bintulu but alas, no joy - they didn't even bother to reply!

correction: I mean, a feeder around Bintulu should get closer to Natuna. Still, it cant reach Natuna I think unless there is good line of sight. What I do expect and hope will be correct, is the KUL-MYY/BKI/LBU/BWN route to have better tracking around Miri as me and my counterpart at Labuan struggle at the extremity of our coverage towards the west of us.

Just spotted a DC3 from MLAT at 5000ft plus. not bad! What a legendary plane! Canadian reg plane Reg C-FTGX and built in 2008. How I wish I can see and hear a DC3 with my own eyes and ears!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5698[/ATTACH]
      NBR,

The original was built in 1944. This was re-built later I suppose. Photo's of the plane shows it has been re-engined to a Turboprop. Not the original Radial Piston Engines.

Comment

• Kelantam has received its fourth feeder -F-WMKC4 which has been activated....it seems the feeders are located near the coast...no feeders from South Kelantam...

Comment

NBR,
          I often spot a DC-3 going in and out of SZB.
          Check out the Malaysian plane spotting forum and you'll see all sorts of interesting aircrafts in & out of SZB.

Comment

Probably because FR24 included some documents for the customs screening? I saw three papers together with the parcel, one declaration of conformity which states that the device is compliant with some sort of EU electromagnetic properties regulations, one invoice which lists all items with respective price value, and one shipping company's invoice. Or maybe it's just that the customs already know what FR24 is? Ummm....

Yeah, I honestly don't think mine could cover until Natuna Islands. Hopefully there's someone in BTU & SBW interested in hosting a receiver soon.

By the way, is there anything that I'll have to pay attention to when starting up the receiver? I know about the lights on the receiver, any others? I remember I saw Ruth said that when she tried to set fixed (internal?) IP, the receiver stopped working and have to send it back for a new one. Is it required to set a fixed internal IP for the receiver?

Thanks.
            ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

• Notice F-CYOW1 appearing near WBGG Sarawak Malaysia. Far far away from Ottawa. FR24 has codded their receiver wrongly. I also see a R9eb code appearing below Natuna Island area.

Comment

Probably because FR24 included some documents for the customs screening? I saw three papers together with the parcel, one declaration of conformity which states that the device is compliant with some sort of EU electromagnetic properties regulations, one invoice which lists all items with respective price value, and one shipping company's invoice. Or maybe it's just that the customs already know what FR24 is? Ummm....

Yeah, I honestly don't think mine could cover until Natuna Islands. Hopefully there's someone in BTU & SBW interested in hosting a receiver soon.

By the way, is there anything that I'll have to pay attention to when starting up the receiver? I know about the lights on the receiver, any others? I remember I saw Ruth said that when she tried to set fixed (internal?) IP, the receiver stopped working and have to send it back for a new one. Is it required to set a fixed internal IP for the receiver?

Thanks.
                Hi Edward,

You do not have to do any setting. Just connect up the wiring's and turn the set "On". It will contact its home automatically and begin transmitting data. You will receive email from support to confirm your status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                  Notice F-CYOW1 appearing near WBGG Sarawak Malaysia. Far far away from Ottawa. FR24 has codded their receiver wrongly. I also see a R9eb code appearing below Natuna Island area.
                  R9eb is the temporary radar code for F-WIOO3. Not sure what is going on with the servers but it interchanges between F radar and temporary radar code. The Indonesian new F receivers also does that.

Originally posted by edward93 View Post

Thanks.
                  Yup just connect everything and power it on as per Limpost. Make sure the gps antenna see the sky and also it is weatherproofed so leaving it outside is fine. Once it is all set up and running just send support an email. Going to set it up how soon?
                  Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-23, 13:37.

Comment

Notice F-CYOW1 appearing near WBGG Sarawak Malaysia. Far far away from Ottawa. FR24 has codded their receiver wrongly. I also see a R9eb code appearing below Natuna Island area.
                    F-WBGR1 now transmitting data from Miri Sarawak.

Comment

F-WBGR1 now transmitting data from Miri Sarawak.
                      I'll leave that to you to post at the new feeder spotted thread, if you are interested. Will observe range tomorrow for Miri.

Comment

• Looks like my F-WBGR1 keeps being coded as F-CYOW1.

I observed the receiver's performance for the whole night, but the coverage ended up kinda lacking at the west & south-west side. Most likely because of the roof, didn't know the roof was that high, that it blocked the line of sight. Failed to expand coverage towards the Natuna Islands as wished. Don't know what can be done at the moment due to limiting coaxial cable length and it's already at 10 meters. :/
                        Last edited by edward93; 2015-02-23, 16:59.
                        ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Thanks.
                          If E.T. had this FR24 box long ago, he would have easily called home.
                          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Looks like my F-WBGR1 keeps being coded as F-CYOW1.

I observed the receiver's performance for the whole night, but the coverage ended up kinda lacking at the west & south-west side. Most likely because of the roof, didn't know the roof was that high, that it blocked the line of sight. Failed to expand coverage towards the Natuna Islands as wished. Don't know what can be done at the moment due to limiting coaxial cable length and it's already at 10 meters. :/
                            Yes errors in radarcode do happen. Just notify fr24 support and they will amend it, need a bit of time though.

Ok, I will have a look at your range later. Wow, your roof seems to be very high. Did your father installed it? I don't know how I could help, maybe you have to discuss with your father and accept that limitation or get like an Astro installer to have a look. It however, is helping to get MLAT at the junction of Sabah, Sarawak, Brunei and Kalimantan! So you are definitely helping.

WE HAVE SOME MLAT over the border South of Sabah! That is where I predicted MLAT could be possible as most receivers overlap there! Yay! Need a few more at good location to expand it... But good that it works!

For the fixed IP it is a better choice as you can access it with the known ip, instead of you searching each time your router is rebooted. Take your time to figure out what can be done with the antenna. If you can't then just accept the limitation.

Comment

• image.jpg

Limited but MLAT5 shows around Sarawak Sabah Kalimantan border.
                              Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-02-24, 05:02.

Comment

Thanks.
                                aiyo brother, I'm messing up with fixed ip so the router will assign 'the ip' each time it's rebooted. And I could view log and status from WAN. The receiver went kaput on network due to static from network. It's a common problem hahahaa

Comment

Working...
                                X