Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Radar

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by sUbstAncE View Post
    yup i listen to lumpur tower ocasionally.. but mainly its for amateur radio.. for now on my 4th day with FR24 receiver.. im only getting maximum distance of 160nm.. is it normal for stock receiver and antenna?
    Range is a tricky issue. It all depends on what is around you. And I think you know them anyway.

At a decent relatively flat terrain you can get about 200-250nm range. At a flat and high terrain something like 250-300nm perhaps. Anything more than 350nm is rejected as there reading are highly dubious - an outlier. What FR24 wants is good and solid data and normally that is around 200nm plus minus. Getting 160nm is not too bad, see what else is possible for the antenna location and height wise and that might improve its range if you have a better place to place it.

Captain
    Forgot to mention... our kawan WMKN1 has fantastic range. His set up is a tower nearby the sea. He can get very far into the sea... just not reaching Natuna yet! We still are helpless in getting feeders there.

Passenger
    wow.. thats great.. we should have some meet up or eyeball with each other..

setting any kind of station remotely sure is hard as i have some experience setting up amateur repeater using solar panel as power source.. but adb-s station need internet connection.. thats new to me.. hopefully it will be a successful one..

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by sUbstAncE View Post
    wow.. thats great.. we should have some meet up or eyeball with each other..

setting any kind of station remotely sure is hard as i have some experience setting up amateur repeater using solar panel as power source.. but adb-s station need internet connection.. thats new to me.. hopefully it will be a successful one..
    We do have some people who knows about setting up long range internet connection. Startomatic is one of them.

So far there hasn't been any meet ups, but there is a significant numbers of feeders in Semenanjung, and quite a portion are also ham radio operators. There is a FB group flightradar24 malaysian feeders, operated by ruth. So there is quite some common topics to discuss about if there is a meeting up.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    We do have some people who knows about setting up long range internet connection. Startomatic is one of them.

So far there hasn't been any meet ups, but there is a significant numbers of feeders in Semenanjung, and quite a portion are also ham radio operators. There is a FB group flightradar24 malaysian feeders, operated by ruth. So there is quite some common topics to discuss about if there is a meeting up.
    let me know when u guys are up to this crime. i believe if done over the ocean with a clear line of sight, 200km is possible.

Passenger
    count me in..

Purser
    Been a while since i visited this thread.
    Count me in if there's a meet up in the Klang Valley.
    Maybe I should get in touch with a person I know at Malaysianwings forums. A bunch of planespotters.
    Maybe some of them are feeders.

Passenger
    Checking in...

Spotted a new feeder in Sarawak while checking why I couldn't access my receiver via local IP, only to found out that my feed was down for ~3 days , which turns out it's because the Ethernet cable at the modem side was detached by my naughty younger brother...... --

Btw, the new feeder is WBGB1, from Bintulu, perhaps was recruited by NBR?? 1 city left for Sarawak now and, WBGG3 is still the boss.
    ~~F-WBGR1~~

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by edward93 View Post
    Checking in...

Spotted a new feeder in Sarawak while checking why I couldn't access my receiver via local IP, only to found out that my feed was down for ~3 days , which turns out it's because the Ethernet cable at the modem side was detached by my naughty younger brother...... --

Btw, the new feeder is WBGB1, from Bintulu, perhaps was recruited by NBR?? 1 city left for Sarawak now and, WBGG3 is still the boss.
    Hi there Edward,

No WBGR bintulu wasn't recruited by me. FYI, most of my recruitment attempts are unsuccessful. Bintulu is a welcome addition, hopefully it can improve coverage towards the sea.

On another note, F-WBKL1 has been down for quite sometime now and I also noticed F-WBKK1 is replaced with F-WBKK3, equipment change mostly likely.

Hopefully a few more new feeders will come online to improve coverage for the sea side of Sabah & Sarawak. The route for Singapore - Manila should really be exploited but seems out of most of our antenna's range at present.

Captain
    Something new from FR24 and reported in nz radar thread - statistic of receiver performance and can be viewed by country.

https://www.flightradar24.com/share-statistics then choose Malaysia.

WMKN is the best and yes we know that lol. There is an error where F-UKOO2 is also included in Malaysia list which it shouldn't be.

And WMKP3, please apply a FR24 receiver!
    Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-11-04 at 01:20.