• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope everybody there are OK

Comment

• Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
      Hope everybody there are OK
      still stuck at the peak. around 195 people.

according to news they can't descend due to risk of falling rocks and ?paths blocked. And this evening it was raining so I can only imagine it's cold and windy up there. Hope the helicopters managed to drop warm clothing hot drinks and food. It's not nice to overnight at the peak - wind chills can be very bad & hypothermia could set if for those ill equipped. Getting frustrated with the slowness of how things are developing.

A lot of news reporting 'jokes' that the Mountain God is angered by the attics of those European climbers who took nude pictures after they reached the peak... Hence the quake! For the local people here that definitely is an insult as Mount K is sacred to them.

PETALING JAYA: The 7.17am earthquake in Ranau may have been caused by aki (mountain protectors) angered over tourists who stripped and urinated at Mount Kinabalu.
      Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-06-05, 11:58.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        I am well thanks for the concerns. I was driving to work when it occurred and was not aware of it. Only when I reached work the staffs at work said they felt some shaking and was scared.

I think the tourist area of Kinabalu Park and Ranau town suffered some damages but uncertain for now. News is that climbers who reached the peak of Mount Kinabalu and were on their descent are stranded and unconfirmed reports say there could be fatalities. We simply don't know for now. Helicopters are scrambled to that area now. Hope there is not too much damage sustained and no fatalities...

Earthquake do occur here but normally is one in 20-30 years. Last reported at west coast I think is 1991 if I recall correctly.
        Some kids and 2 teachers from a Singapore school are missing - they are on field trips.

Tanjong Katong student recalls watching helplessly as rocks struck schoolmates - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysi....vgbo1Mkg.dpuf

SINGAPORE - More bodies of victims of the Sabah earthquake were recovered by the Malaysian authorities on Saturday, the Education Ministry said late on Saturday night. Read more at straitstimes.com.

Sabah quake: More bodies recovered and identification process still going on, says MOE - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin....yLz2Rgv0.dpuf
        Last edited by Birdie; 2015-06-06, 17:52.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• A sad few days for Sabah, and also for some in Singapore. They are only so young, 12 years old, those students on the field trip. We at KK feel the pain too.

SINGAPORE: Tomorrow, June 8, will be declared a Day of National Remembrance for the victims of the Sabah earthquake.

May all those who lost their lives in the Sabah Quake rest in peace.

Comment

• Sad News indeed for those affected friends and families...

Hi all, a new Singapore Feeder here WSAP21.

I am impressed that only recently, I began to see more military planes namely C130 in around KL and in Singapore (C130 and G550) as well. Was there a surge of new feeders lately?

Question:
            Who are MLAT5 feeders? Are these collective data or from an individuals?

How do i know if I am feeding Mlat data to FR24? All i see is "[feed] [i]sent 7 AC in 1 packet."

Thanks!
            Ray

Comment

• Originally posted by sieer77 View Post
              Sad News indeed for those affected friends and families...

Hi all, a new Singapore Feeder here WSAP21.

I am impressed that only recently, I began to see more military planes namely C130 in around KL and in Singapore (C130 and G550) as well. Was there a surge of new feeders lately?

Question:
              Who are MLAT5 feeders? Are these collective data or from an individuals?

How do i know if I am feeding Mlat data to FR24? All i see is "[feed] [i]sent 7 AC in 1 packet."

Thanks!
              Ray
              Hi Ray welcome to the forum. Yes MLAT coverage has improved a bit... Especially near Singapore.

FR24 has been publishing some helpful blog about commonly asked questions and here is a post about mlat - http://www.flightradar24.com/blog/ho...hts-with-mlat/
              There are also other posts you can have a look to understand the "jargons" in aviation tracking.

There is only 2 ways to contribute to MLat in FR24 - their own FR24 receiver or you buy a radarcape which is essentially the same hardware of FR24 receiver but the software you can tweak. All fr24 receivers have a F radar code while other volunteer feeds from usb dongles and other tracking hardware are given T radar codes.

Hope this helps...

Comment

• Hello to all Malaysian Feeders,

Been quiet here...

Just in case you haven't noticed, FR24 has released a beta software for MLAT for those running a Rpi B+ or Rpi 2 using DVB-T dongle feeding into FR24.

Link here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...r-Raspberry-Pi

For all the T feeders there especially at Semenanjung... you might be interested? Do please note no immediate result will be noticed as it is still in a trial phase.

Other notes : I have given up on Natuna Island. Communication has been going on and off but nothing resulted so I just referred the guy to the Indonesian FB group if he is interested and wanted help in his countrymen.

No joy for Sarawak and Kudat Sabah. It will take time. F-WBGG3 is a blessing as we can track all planes passing NAtuna and there is now a feeder from Palawan, Philippines which helps a bit for traffic passing north of Borneo.
                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2015-07-02, 12:31.

Comment

• adventure to Natuna anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
                    adventure to Natuna anyone?

By boat, oh wait I mean ship, plane or swim? It would be great if you can somehow set up a permanent feed there.

Comment

By boat, oh wait I mean ship, plane or swim? It would be great if you can somehow set up a permanent feed there.
                      After all the trying, I have sort of given up on a Natuna Feeder. Luckily we have F-WBGG3 covering that area so all flights between Sem. Malaysia, Sabah & Sarawak is tracked by the various stations in Malaysia and Birdie's F-WSSS1 in Singapore.

Comment

• There is a little T-MLAT7 appearing south of Kota Kinabalu area, looks like we have some other feeder(s) that I can't seem to detect but is feeding. Whoever it is, thanks and hope you can drop by to say hello. Is that from you T-WBKK5?

I am thinking of setting up a Rpi2+dongle to feed MLAT data to FR24. Not sure whether it can proceed due to ?permission issues. Not sure whether I can do it discreetly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                          After all the trying, I have sort of given up on a Natuna Feeder. Luckily we have F-WBGG3 covering that area so all flights between Sem. Malaysia, Sabah & Sarawak is tracked by the various stations in Malaysia and Birdie's F-WSSS1 in Singapore.
                          Lately F-WSSS1 is suffering from a "feed Bug" - not a single aircraft is displayed in FR24 although I can see around 40 aircrafts in VRS when I monitor the FR24 Box. Working with FR Support to solve the problem.
                          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Royal Malaysian Air Force B737 BBJ displaying peculiar callsign

M53-01.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                              Royal Malaysian Air Force B737 BBJ displaying peculiar callsign

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6294[/ATTACH]
                              wow... what a catch.

Comment

Hello to all Malaysian Feeders,

Been quiet here...
                                Checking in...
                                ~~F-WBGR1~~

Comment

Working...
                                X