Page 39 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 901

Thread: Malaysia Radar

  1. #381
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Olov View Post
    Hi Guys!

    Anyone in Malaysia running a DVB-T stick with good coverage? Send me an email, olov.lindberg@gmail.com, and I will look at the possibility to upgrade you to a Flightradar24 receiver.
    We are looking to improve our MLAT coverage in Malaysia now.

    Cheers
    Olov
    Flightradar24
    Hi olov,

    I am keen to host the FR24 box. Sending you an email now.

    Thanks

  2. #382
    Team FR24 Olov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by kucengemok View Post
    which part of Malaysia you refer at?? I am from east coast..Kota Bharu...i am using the stick with detection with about 3-5 planes detected due my antenna is inside my house.
    Interested in all of Malaysia. Even if we are not even close to MLAT at the moment...

  3. #383
    Team FR24 Olov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
    I initially thought it is spam - until I saw your rank is administrator.

    Well perhaps you can find out whether you can contact the feeder of T-WMKN1 as the feed has good coverage towards the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea. Maybe the feeder of T-WMSA8 too?

    Feeder F-WMBT1 at Pulau Tioman ?has gone missing? Or is just at the background? I don't know... Will need one or 2 feeders around that part East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, IMHO. Limpost who applied is on standby on the list.

    If Ruth sees this hopefully she will ask her Ham radio colleagues who are interested and at a good location to apply. Haven't heard from her for a long while.

    who, might your friend be interested? near WMSA?

    Sorry about that .. I am co-founder of Flightradar24, just haven't been active in the forum before. I will look into T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8.. will also check what happened to F-WMBT1.

  4. #384
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Olov View Post
    Sorry about that .. I am co-founder of Flightradar24, just haven't been active in the forum before. I will look into T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8.. will also check what happened to F-WMBT1.
    Thank you Olov for doing this. No worries, over this part of the world we have to err on the side of caution as news about scams/spams from the internet appear almost daily on our newspapers.

    Hope you get a favourable response from the feeders, though Mike did say some feeders just prefer to keep things at it is.

    As for the eastern part of Malaysia (Sabah, Sarawak, Labuan, neighbours of Brunei) - There is simply not enough feeders. Not something we can do about it at the moment I am afraid. Concentrating on Peninsular Malaysia perhaps is best, given the amount of a/c over there.. and Subang Airport (WMSA) does do a lot of MRO so MLAT should identify some types of non ads-b aircrafts. Good luck.

  5. #385
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Good news for Malaysia Radar.

    The long wait is over. Thanks to Olov Lindberg, FR24 has approved my location. Approval #10407

    Hope to get it up and running before the end of the year.

    Cheers.

  6. #386
    Team FR24 Olov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    197
    Thank you Limpost! Looking forward to see your new receiver online soon!

  7. #387
    Purser
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    122
    Congrats Limpost!!! Finally the long wait is over!
    Let me/us know if you need any help with it.

  8. #388
    Purser
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Olov View Post
    Sorry about that .. I am co-founder of Flightradar24, just haven't been active in the forum before. I will look into T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8.. will also check what happened to F-WMBT1.
    Olov, I concur with North Borneo. T-WMSA8 has good coverage.
    I've just informed a buddy of mine about this.
    I'm already running a FR24 receiver and its good news FR24 is looking for even better coverage!
    I thought we have enough here!
    Limpost location is a good as I don't believe we had much coverage that part of Malaysia.
    Hoping its coverage will extend well into South China Sea!

  9. #389
    First officer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-WMKD1, East Coast, Pahang
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    Congrats Limpost!!! Finally the long wait is over!
    Let me/us know if you need any help with it.
    Thanks for the offer Brother Who.

  10. #390
    Captain
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North Borneo aka Sabah
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Limpost View Post
    Good news for Malaysia Radar.

    The long wait is over. Thanks to Olov Lindberg, FR24 has approved my location. Approval #10407

    Hope to get it up and running before the end of the year.

    Cheers.
    Finally! congrats Limpost bet you are over the moon! Hope it does get online before end of the year!

    Quote Originally Posted by who View Post
    Olov, I concur with North Borneo. T-WMSA8 has good coverage.
    I've just informed a buddy of mine about this.
    I'm already running a FR24 receiver and its good news FR24 is looking for even better coverage!
    I thought we have enough here!
    Limpost location is a good as I don't believe we had much coverage that part of Malaysia.
    Hoping its coverage will extend well into South China Sea!
    Yes spread the news, hopefully someone with good locations/ham radio towers will know about it and apply! And yeah, hopefully T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8 feeders will respond to Olov's contact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •