No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that F-WMKC1 captured most of the planes.....is this selected by the server??

Comment

• or perhaps F-WMKC1 has the highest upload speed compared to the rest?

who is T-WMSA8? I saw it when mine transferred to him/her at Gua Musang....is that MLAT??
      Last edited by kucengemok; 2015-01-23, 15:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
        Surprising that they decided to continue the nearly 3 hours flight at 10,000ft. Anyway they took the safe route flying coastal where there are many airfields.
        Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Flights dropping to or not climbing above 10,000 feet often means pressurization issue in an aircraft. At 10.000 feet people can breathe normally without oxygen masks.
        The local news reported that the plane from KUL to TWU had a bird strike near the cockpit window on 23/1/15. News says there was a visible dent. No registration of the plane was reported in the news so I can only guess that that is the same plane that flew back to KUL on 23/1/15 at FL101, and seems to fit well with possible pressurization concerns if it flew high with that dent present.

I wonder what is the view like.. flying at 10100ft lol. Lower than a turboprop!

Comment

• What happened to this flight? error in data ?

Flight to Penang.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
            or perhaps F-WMKC1 has the highest upload speed compared to the rest?

who is T-WMSA8? I saw it when mine transferred to him/her at Gua Musang....is that MLAT??
            F-WMKC1 upload speed highest. Reply: Incorrect. All FR24 receivers have the same upload speed as far as I know. Don't get too bothered by radarcodes. Coverage is the key.

Who is T-WMSA8: No one knows. He/she didn't check in here.

is that MLAT: No, if you can track the plane by itself it is ADS-B data. MLAT data will be shown as T-MLAT5, and these normally is some older generation B738 or ATR75s. Only FR24 receivers, meaning F receivers can perform calculations for MLAT, see YSWG's reply here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post62259
            T-receivers cannot assist in MLAT.

May I suggest you use the search button about MLAT or queries you have sometimes they are mentioned in the forum.

Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
            What happened to this flight? error in data ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5513[/ATTACH]
            Flight routes depends on callsigns. So if the callsign is incorrect the incorrect route will be displayed. This error happens time to time, quite prevalent in MAS. Sometimes no callsigns at all too.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• T-receivers(Feeders) can also assist with MLAT by using the Radarcape receiver.
              Private people own many Radarcape receivers around the world.

Just checked the Radarcape product wiki.

http://wiki.modesbeast.com/File:Radarcape-webconfig.jpg (Still shows the MLAT option on the FR24 feeder setting page.)

T-receivers cannot assist in MLAT.
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• I always wonder if the FR24 Receiver box with Beaglebone White vs Beaglebone Black has the same Decoding speed/Uploading speed.

That would be some interesting lab tests!

what box can provide faster data to the server

FR24 Box with Beaglebone White hardware
                or
                FR24 Box with Beaglebone Black hardware.

?

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                All FR24 receivers have the same upload speed as far as I know.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• different color? mine is black...

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                    I always wonder if the FR24 Receiver box with Beaglebone White vs Beaglebone Black has the same Decoding speed/Uploading speed.

or

?
                    what color do u own? could u paste the upload speed?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                      I wonder what is the view like.. flying at 10100ft lol. Lower than a turboprop!
                      Nice view for sure.
                      I think there was no point turning back. Better parts supply and crew quantity at KUL.

Comment

different color? mine is black...
                        Hi,
                        FR24 receivers enclosures are black AFAIK.

Beaglebone is the 'computer board' inside the receiver.
                        It's a Beaglebone white that's inside the FR24 receiver.
                        I've not seen a black Beaglebone inside a FR24 receiver yet.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
                        Last edited by who; 2015-01-25, 02:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                          I always wonder if the FR24 Receiver box with Beaglebone White vs Beaglebone Black has the same Decoding speed/Uploading speed.

or

?
                          SoCalBrian,

Looking at the FR24 logs and as well as their Windows and Pi feeder, data are uploaded in 'batches'. Doesn't look like a continuous stream to me. So i don't think black or white beaglebone would make too much of a difference.

From the logs, software feeders feed at 5 seconds interval, FR24 receivers at 3 seconds interval.

But looking at my network port stats, i found that the FR24 receiver actually feeds at 10 seconds intervals.
                          For the software feeders, varies anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds interval (variable).

Haven't gone down to packet captures to confirm.

Comment

• my previous F-WMSA3 (RIP) rsz_20140810_225516.jpgrsz_20140810_225539.jpg

Comment

• Mike said the other week, FR24 started using the black Beaglebone board version in the FR24 boxes on this forum.

Originally posted by who View Post
                              I've not seen a black Beaglebone inside a FR24 receiver yet.
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

different color? mine is black...
                                I own the Radarcape with the Beaglebone White hardware.

The older FR24 boxes use the Beaglebone White hardware.
                                The newer FR24 boxes using the Beaglebone Black hardware.

The metal case is still the same color(black). As Mike hasn't announce any color changes for that.
                                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu

Comment

Working...
                                X