Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-EST1

Captain

Question T-EST1

Seems to have popped out out of the blue on the map...T-EST1. Appears everywhere where I had a look around Asia map. Is this to show estimated position after last radar contact?

Yes it's 5 or 10 minutes of estimated position.

Passenger

Question T-FAA1

Seems to have begun showing up on trans Pacific targets. They are yellow, suggesting that they are "real time" as opposed to the delayed FAA data which shows up as T-F5M. What is this new feeder?

I have also been seeing "T-FAA1" radars on contacts on the website, in the vicinity of Hawaii during all of the day today, as late as 0631 08 April UTC on UAL130, as noted by cptok. They are typically beyond range of any land based radars in Hawaii!! Can anybody shed some light on what the T-FAA1 radar designator signifies?

FR24 Support, Can you answer cptok's question and tell us how a "yellow" feed can occur out of line of sight for any ground based stations within more than 1,000 NM?

Not trying to be critical, but haven't seen any forum traffic explaining a T-FAA1 radar, my apologies if I missed it, or worse, them!

Mahalo,
    Chuck

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinKona View Post
    I have also been seeing "T-FAA1" radars on contacts on the website, in the vicinity of Hawaii during all of the day today, as late as 0631 08 April UTC on UAL130, as noted by cptok. They are typically beyond range of any land based radars in Hawaii!! Can anybody shed some light on what the T-FAA1 radar designator signifies?

FR24 Support, Can you answer cptok's question and tell us how a "yellow" feed can occur out of line of sight for any ground based stations within more than 1,000 NM?

Not trying to be critical, but haven't seen any forum traffic explaining a T-FAA1 radar, my apologies if I missed it, or worse, them!

Mahalo,
    Chuck
    I saw T-EST1 earlier today between Vanuatu and Fiji. It was yellow and was a plane that was previously showing up normally on one of the FR24 feeders at Vanuatu.

Super Moderator
    T-EST1 was an 'estimated' location. Based on a mixture of sources of previous contact info I beleive

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckinKona View Post

Mahalo,
    Chuck
    I remember MarineTraffic.com saying how cool it would be to have a ship uploading recieved AIS data while out at sea - wouldn't it be cool to do the same thing with an on ship F- receiver...
    (might have to disable the distance limit on uploader though)

Captain
    Maybe someone needs to email FR24 Support to find out.
    They might not see this thread.

Captain
    The T-FAA1 aircraft NOT yellow on the FR24 Pro iPhone app.

T-FAA1 aircraft icon IS yellow on the FR24 Premium iPhone app.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-04-08 at 21:08.