Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error in route display - what happened here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in route display - what happened here?

I did not see that before:

Feeder T-EDDN26

Happens frequently. The small break in the main flight path would be caused by a gap in coverage between two FR24 feeders. Generally, if you are watching the plane, you will see it and its track disappear as it moves out of range of one feeder. When it comes into the coverage of the second feeder, the plane reappears but you have to click it again to generate the track. Sometimes a continuous track results but often it has one of these long sawtooth deviations. I don't know for sure but I suspect what happens is that while the plane is in the coverage gap, it is briefly picked up by a remote feeder quite some distance away and when the system tries to recreate the track it uses that brief feed as a plot point. I think my theory is right because I have seen areas that consistently produce this effect suddenly stop doing so when a new FR24 feeder starts up thus filling the gap and I have also seen the saw tooth deviation disappear when a remote feeder that I suspected was causing it is off the air. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, that could be the reason. I did not see this before in my area (EDDN).
      Feeder T-EDDN26

Comment

Working...
      X