No announcement yet.

Ground vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen T-EHAM53 again. Also T-EHAM39 is back.
    T-EHAM39 picking up an heli on a ship or platform: http://x264.nl/dump/hnl06b-2014-08-15-t-eham39.png

Comment

I am no longer receiving any ground traffic myself. I think they have turned down the power of the ADS-B transmitters on Schiphol a lot.

T-EHAM53 is still active and picking up ground signals at Amsterdam Schiphol Airsport (AMS/EHAM).

Comment

Originally posted by Jarod View Post
        In FR24 receivers (F-) ground signals are blocked. And also for N- receivers i guess. But T- radars do show them. Even when vehicles are leaving the airport on the highways.
        I've been advised by FR24 staff that this will be fixed in the coming weeks - though that was back in January.

If you have an F- feeder locally, however, you can see the ground traffic if you connect to the receiver's raw feed (assuming you can receive ground traffic).

The reason why ground vehicles don't show up on F receivers is this, as explained to me by FR24 staff - ground vehicles often send incorrect location data, so FR24 only shows ground signals when they have been seen to take off or land within 5 kilometres of its reported ground position. However, for aircraft that have been on the ground for a long time or for ground vehicles that never take off in the first place, this means they don't show up. FR24 intends to remedy this by revising the ground traffic validation rule thus - if there has been any aircraft landing or taking off close to where the ground vehicle/aeroplane says it is, then it will be shown. And that's why ground traffic (namely ground vehicles) is missing from the F receivers.

To the mods, if I've revealed too much about FR24's internal workings, please feel free to delete/edit this post.
        Last edited by eastons; 2015-02-16, 13:49.

Comment

T-EHAM53 has returned and ground vehicles are visible again at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport / Netherlands (AMS/EHAM).

Comment

All ground signals at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport / Netherlands (AMS/EHAM) are offline again.
            T-EHAM7 is temporary online to confirm this.

Edit 2015-06-18: T-EHAM53 is back online.
            Last edited by Jarod; 2015-06-17, 22:52.

Comment

I see F-EHAM4 showing ground vehicles at Schiphol.
              Finally FR24 receivers doing ground vehicles?

Comment

I see a lot of ground vehicles at ENGM. These are displayed as aircrafts when they should be displayed as ground vehicles (e.g. snowploughs). Can someone look into this?

Comment

Originally posted by GeirK View Post
                  I see a lot of ground vehicles at ENGM. These are displayed as aircrafts when they should be displayed as ground vehicles (e.g. snowploughs). Can someone look into this?
                  There are probably 1000+ vehicles missing in database. If you are able to identify an a vehicle you can post it in this thread to get it added to database
                  The airplane information shown on FR24 is not transmitted by the airplane. The information comes from a database - Lookup associated to the unique Hex/ModeS code that is transmitted by the airplane. Every day there are new deliveries and old aircraft getting new owners, so new information has to be modified daily. Help us in

Comment

I wonder what the ground vehicles showing a weird star-like pattern are (see below). There's two of them at PRG, saw others here and there.

gndv1.jpg

Comment

There's another one, at OTP. No idea, anyone?
                      gndv2.jpg

Comment

I am a newbie to posting on the forum so I apologize if I get this wrong. I am seeing a ground vehicle HBFWG that acts like an aircraft. The stats are crazy for a ground vehicle and I think I must have some setting incorrect or this just may be an error. Attached is a screen shot. Screenshot (20).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cobra410 View Post
                          I am a newbie to posting on the forum so I apologize if I get this wrong. I am seeing a ground vehicle HBFWG that acts like an aircraft. The stats are crazy for a ground vehicle and I think I must have some setting incorrect or this just may be an error. Attached is a screen shot. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7954[/ATTACH]
                          Incorrect icon assigned.

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you for such a quick reply. I've never seen a ground vehicle with a ground speed of over 300 mph. I was sure it was an error but did not know what I was seeing. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X