MH370 Tomnod discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH370 Tomnod discussion

Hi, I'm new to this, can I ask in this website http://www.tomnod.com/ regarding on the missing flight which area does it cover exactly? It doesn't show.

Originally posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
    Also, we have found something on map 23166 (bottom right) which is a large shape we cannot identify at all.....
    I also spotted the image on map 23166 but it is not defined well.

Comment

i came across something in tomnad Map 122323, not sure what it is. Any idea?

Map 122323.jpg
      Map 122323 - 1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity View Post
        i came across something in tomnad Map 122323, not sure what it is. Any idea?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3543[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3542[/ATTACH]
        That's a boat with the typical cone shaped "wake"(disturbed water) following behind.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicpulze View Post
          That's a boat with the typical cone shaped "wake"(disturbed water) following behind.
          Thanks, yes it does look like a speeding boat .

Comment

Hello, Was on Tomnod.com earlier
            what do you think this is ?

Tomnod Untitled.jpg

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Smart View Post
              Hello, Was on Tomnod.com earlier
              what do you think this is ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3566[/ATTACH]

Alex
              I would guess it is a sand bank

Comment

MH370 Tomnod discussion

I'm sorry I might have reacted a lot with the rudness part, but please I need your help on something and I would appreciate it immensely, I went to http://www.tomnod.com/ and automatically they put the indian ocean map, if I wanted to go to islands and countries how can I do that? Would appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Angie33 View Post
                  I'm sorry I might have reacted a lot with the rudness part, but please I need your help on something and I would appreciate it immensely, I went to http://www.tomnod.com/ and automatically they put the indian ocean map, if I wanted to go to islands and countries how can I do that? Would appreciate it!
                  comment from http://www.zerosixright.com/how-to-u...to-find-mh370/
                  "The only way I have found to do this is to find someone else who has been served land as their map location and then using that square as your starting point.
                  You might want to consider contacting Tomnod on Facebook or Twitter with your query. They are very proactive at replying"

Comment

Originally posted by Angie33 View Post
                    Welcome Back Angie33, misunderstandings do happen in a text based area like a forum.

As for tomnod, all I know is that a) people here have had difficulty accessing their site, and b) a lot of people have mentioned here that the ability to choose a search are (or at least know *where* they are currently searching, would be much apppreciated. As far as I know those suggestions have not been implemented by tomnod, I imagine they are busy just trying to keep their site online in the face of massive traffic from people who want to help.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mart

Comment

I have been browsing the maps available on Tomnod as well.... I saw something similar to what was released in the media, from my point of view anyway; and to me looks different than most stuff i'm seeing on the maps. I also found a very white large object which looked out of the ordinary on the satellite images. I tagged like we have been instructed to do through Tomnod. I have tried ever so hard to recover these maps and images thinking they may be something... I have located one so far and am going to share this and see what you think? I am keen to relocate the white object though and will post it as soon as I do.

136537(1).jpg136534.jpg

Comment

I have been browsing the maps available on Tomnod as well.... I saw something similar to what was released in the media, from my point of view anyway; and to me looks different than most stuff i'm seeing on the maps. I also found a very white large object which looked out of the ordinary on the satellite images. I tagged like we have been instructed to do through Tomnod. I have tried ever so hard to recover these maps and images thinking they may be something... I have located one so far and am going to share this and see what you think? I am keen to relocate the white object though and will post it as soon as I do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3630[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3631[/ATTACH]
                        Actually, I'm going to post the URL and perhaps you guys can have a look around this area yourselves....there does seem to be a lot of debris??? about....but it's difficult when you don't know what to look for :/

Comment

Actually, I'm going to post the URL and perhaps you guys can have a look around this area yourselves....there does seem to be a lot of debris??? about....but it's difficult when you don't know what to look for :/

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/...ocean/map/5191
                          Thanks for the link. When i go through i came across something closer to the tiles where the objects were located, which looks to me like a definite shape. I tried changing the colors to get a better view but unable to come to a conclusion.Possible Debris 1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cretanrunner View Post
                            Any idea where that map segment is? Definitely something there, but I guess there is plenty of stuff floating around the world's oceans. Have tomnod responded?
                            Thanks for taking a look.

No, I have no idea where it is....just in the Indian Ocean somewhere. I'm putting the map and image here on a public forum so that others can have a look around the map and those with awareness of what the ocean would generally look like via satellite would know if it's average looking waves etc..... I cannot sign into tomnod for some reason??? I have contacted them via email and sent the URL.

I'm really hoping someone can browse around the map I posted and confirm what's about. Seems to me to be a lot of action going on in the water, lots of little bright spot stuff as well.

Comment

Ok, I've managed to be able to sign in to tomnod........finally and have tagged some things that look a little different in the water to me.

These two maps definitely seem to have defined shapes.

Comment

Working...
                              X