Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: MH370 Tomnod discussion

Passenger
    I find it quite odd that Tomnod yesterday provided a map in Sri Lanka and today next to Pulau Siberut. Are those maps being requested by the audience?

Does someone get in touch or has gotten in touch with Tomnod?

Is there a way to request Andaman and Nicobar Island, Maldives, Langkawi maps?

I dont have facebook or twitter, but would immensely appreciate whoever does have it to get in touch with them to ask for those maps if possible.

Current Tomnod search areas.

Tomnod current search areas.jpg
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    Current Tomnod search areas.

Tomnod current search areas.jpg
    Thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Is Tomnod going to provide more maps in the next following days?

Passenger
    heres some sat specs
    https://www.digitalglobe.com/sites/d...w2_DS_PROD.pdf

with re-visit times of 1.1 days, it is amazing it seems to take 4 days for things to be processed.

If the US govt can see a licence plate from space, and digital globe, have resolution to 0.5m which is civilian use only. milspec would be higher.
    I think the chinese military would be able to as well, and yet they produce this very pixellated image. for the world to see.
    and what now....... they have stopped looking,,, no more images from the chinese ????

something amiss with the latest tomnod pics...
    They appear heavily filtered, or through cloud,,,,.
    The southern ocean is not as blue as that,,,, and there are no wave forms to be seen.

Purser
    does any one have the new search area coordinates please ? im still hoping to use tomnod and they just gave me "lat":-44.992414,"lon":90.829452, but i want to check thats not too far south of new search area

thanks

Passenger
    The new Tomnod map is located a bit far from the current search area that moved today after an airplane spotted floating objects of different colors nearer to Perth.

I noticed that this map is very blurred compared to all the previous maps that were so much more visible even with zoom in, very odd...

@grandbanks

I do agree

Did Tomnod provide a map around Andaman island area???

If not can someone please ask them, would deeply appreciate it.
    Last edited by Angie33; 2014-03-29 at 01:34.

Passenger
    Please can anyone ask Tomnod to provide more maps based on Land apart from Sri Lanka,

There are a lot of islands in the area, Andaman island, Maldives and many others...

Please, we should look there as well, you never know...

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie33 View Post
    Please can anyone ask Tomnod to provide more maps based on Land apart from Sri Lanka,

There are a lot of islands in the area, Andaman island, Maldives and many others...

Please, we should look there as well, you never know...
    I think you should be posting this to Tomnod (I presume they have a forum) because as far as I am aware FR24 is NOT connected to Tomnod in any way and cannot influence the way they work.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
    I think you should be posting this to Tomnod (I presume they have a forum) because as far as I am aware FR24 is NOT connected to Tomnod in any way and cannot influence the way they work.
    I signed up , on Tomnod's official twitter I asked them to provide more images on islands and land around point A (First search area) up to point B (Current search) drawing a big circle there are a lot of places to look but after one day my tweet was eliminated from their main page, quite strange so no luck on asking them personally.

Is there an option of choosing the areas Tomnod has provided the images already without going through the current search area????
    Last edited by Angie33; 2014-04-03 at 16:35.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie33 View Post
    Is there an option of choosing the areas Tomnod has provided the images already without going through the current search area????
    1. Tomnod: jump to random map, copy mapnumber
    2. On http://tomnodmaplocator.com/ check location of mapnumber
    3. Happy then you start looking, unhappy revert to step 1