Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curiosity View Post
    Both the pieces seems to have something marked on it if you look closely
    I can't look at it closely...that is the problem, that's why I'm posting it here so someone may 'know' if it's something.... Thankyou Curiosity

Comment

Originally posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
      Can you also post a picture of another "something" from this....you will see what I mean.....looks like wash over it though.

It may be something...it may be nothing, but I'm willing to put it out there....
      Here it is, as you rightly mentioned the entire map (2885) in that area is full of scattered stuff. Possible debris 3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by curiosity View Post
        For those having problem in logging into tomnod, here is the snapshot of whatsgoingonhere's find. Someone [ATTACH=CONFIG]3634[/ATTACH]
        Please throw some light
        I could be imagining this but could this be a passenger seat?

Comment

Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
          Could be.With my limited knowledge, I am trying to figure it out using different Photoshop options.

Comment

Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
            I really don't think it's a passenger seat :/ It measures approximately 15mtres x 15 metres.....

Comment

I really don't think it's a passenger seat :/ It measures approximately 15mtres x 15 metres.....
              There is also a real container ship passing by:-

There you can see what different sea conditions look like - also just how small actual containers are.

Since debris is likely to be even smaller - interpreting these images is an almost impossible task without independent means of confirming a sighting.

Also, if someone spots debris near a passing ship then one has to question why the watch or radar does not pick up the sighting also - they are much closer to the locus.

Comment

Originally posted by TerraFirma View Post

There you can see what different sea conditions look like - also just how small actual containers are.

Since debris is likely to be even smaller - interpreting these images is an almost impossible task without independent means of confirming a sighting.

Also, if someone spots debris near a passing ship then one has to question why the watch or radar does not pick up the sighting also - they are much closer to the locus.
                I did notice this ship and to me seemed far away according to the map......I'm not generally in the scope of this kind of investigation, so I'm blowin' out my ass here right! BUT
                this looks to be far away to me.....this satellite is dated 16/3/14 - 8 days after the plane was reported missing...........is it possible the ship could not have seen it/picked it up?

Comment

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but Tomnod map 2192 appears to show an object with a straight line, possibly submerged..

Comment

Originally posted by TerraFirma View Post

Containers are generally 5 metres by 2 metres average? I'm guessing? This objects are approximately 15x15 - possibly 10x10 - much larger than a shipping container..

Comment

I can't look at it closely...that is the problem, that's why I'm posting it here so someone may 'know' if it's something.... Thankyou Curiosity
                      Here is 3639 magnified by 300 %, i have to agree you have spotted what could be wreckage.

Zoomed in x300.jpg
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-21, 17:30. Reason: Map number changed to correct one.
                      AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                        Here is 3639 magnified by 300 %, i have to agree you have spotted what could be wreckage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3641[/ATTACH]
                        Thank you for your aknowledgment speedbird. Have you looked at this image as well?

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-21, 17:31. Reason: Quote edit to correct Map number.

Comment

Tomnod map 2192

The object in 2192 appears to be approx 25ft x 50ft in size. I've adjusted balance and contrast in the 2nd image, and it looks like a straight line going against the "noise" and maybe a 90 degree corner?

2192a.jpg
                          2192b.png

Comment

Thank you for your aknowledgment speedbird. Have you looked at this image as well?

http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/...ocean/map/2885
                            Definitely looks like something man-made:

2885.png
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by oriondt; 2014-03-21, 15:56. Reason: larger image

Comment

Originally posted by oriondt View Post
                              Definitely looks like something man-made:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3645[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks Oriondt - that's what I wanted to see what do you think?

Comment

Does anyone know where Tomnod locates us when we search there?
                                Yesterday I spent an hour there and found a small, populated island, probably not the place they are searching now.

Comment

Working...
                                X