Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Question for FR24 crew regarding Nuclear Security Summit 2014 - The Hague

  1. #1
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    452

    Question for FR24 crew regarding Nuclear Security Summit 2014 - The Hague

    https://www.nss2014.com/en

    Starting the 10th of March runway 18R/36L (De Polderbaan) at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol will be closed in preparation for the NSS2014. The runway will be used as parking lot for many aircraft.
    After the NSS2014 the runway will remain closed for big maintenance until April the 21th.

    My question is of a different matter, when 18R is closed, all the aircraft will pass by closer to my house and some will nearly clip your ADS-B antenna.
    I am assuming many aircraft will be blocked when the world leaders start coming in to Schiphol, my question is: Are we allowed to share ADS-B data/photos/videos of these planes on this forum when they arrive?

    Not going to start a discussion, you know my opinion from the most free country in the world, but i wish to know what you prefer.

  2. #2
    Flight attendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    52
    Please post as much as you can!

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Super Moderator speedbird1960's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Runcorn / LPL
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    https://www.nss2014.com/en

    Starting the 10th of March runway 18R/36L (De Polderbaan) at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol will be closed in preparation for the NSS2014. The runway will be used as parking lot for many aircraft.
    After the NSS2014 the runway will remain closed for big maintenance until April the 21th.

    My question is of a different matter, when 18R is closed, all the aircraft will pass by closer to my house and some will nearly clip your ADS-B antenna.
    I am assuming many aircraft will be blocked when the world leaders start coming in to Schiphol, my question is: Are we allowed to share ADS-B data/photos/videos of these planes on this forum when they arrive?

    Not going to start a discussion, you know my opinion from the most free country in the world, but i wish to know what you prefer.
    I would not advise you taking any photograph's and sharing them would be a definite no.

    http://wheretospotatairports.wordpre...y-summit-2014/
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

  4. #4
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    452
    I live outside those areas and i will be taken them from my balcony or roof.

  5. #5
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    452
    Dutch:
    http://www.defensie.nl/onderwerpen/n...nburg-nss-2014
    http://www.defensie.nl/binaries/defe...g+NSS+2014.pdf

    http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.p...7d0590e18b58d5

    - From 17 till 28 March active base.
    - Housing 400 staff members, Militairy and Police
    - Overall 17 helicopters will be stationed at Valkenburg.
    - Types: AH-64, AS532U2, CH-47D/F, AW139 and EC135 (last two types will be Police and possible Lifeliner).
    - 21 / 26 March is the timewindow for the Apaches.

    We got two F-EHAM at Amsterdam Schiphol and one F-EHVB at Valkenburg Airport.

    6 AH-64D
    2 CH-47 (Medevac)
    4 AS532U2
    7 police helicopters

    Lets see if we can spot any on our ADS-B data screens.

  6. #6
    Team FR24 Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,110
    It looks like we will have to reduce coverage around Shiphol during NSS2014.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Amper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delta Bravo Victor
    Posts
    742
    Oh oh...they asked you to do so?

  8. #8
    First officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It looks like we will have to reduce coverage around Shiphol during NSS2014.
    Okay... but am i allowed to post pictures taken from my balcony on here?
    And local VRS (ADS-B) data/screenshots? I can also take full pictures of runway 18R on which all aircraft will be parked...

  9. #9
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    11
    You can't make pictures near by the airport! Only outside Haarlemmermeer and there you can maybe make pictures of the contrails!

    Lenn

  10. #10
    Passenger HennyQuick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I live outside those areas and i will be taken them from my balcony or roof.
    I live on the approach runway 27 Buitenveldertbaan (oustside those areas), a little 5km before touch-down, they fly here at 300mtrs high, so if the wind is just good i will takethe pictures from my balcony

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •