This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from a trade publication this am

Founded in 1972, MAS has one fatal accident (excluding a 1977 hijacking) on record--a 1995 Fokker 50 crash that killed 34 of 53 onboard, the Aviation Safety Network (ASN) shows.

Two Boeing 777 hulls have been lost--the 2008 British Airways (BA) crash landing at Heathrow, later pegged to a fuel system icing issue, and last year's Asiana Airlines crash landing at San Francisco, which NTSB is still probing. Both were 777-200s; the BA aircraft had Rolls-Royce Trent 800 powerplants, while the Asiana aircraft had Pratt & Whitney PW4090s. A third--the EgyptAir 777-200 that suffered a cockpit fire in July 2011--was damaged beyond repair and written off.

note: these aircraft have different engines

Comment

• This is perplexing what could have happened, however I feel for the families in all this.

There is too much speculation, too little facts.

The plane will be found in due course. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

• I don't know if this has been covered, but watching the replay, can anyone tell me what is going on with KAL672 and CCA670, KAL670 changes direction and appears to go supersonic just as the MH370 hits the coast of Malaysia, is this just a glitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by agvft View Post
          I don't know if this has been covered, but watching the replay, can anyone tell me what is going on with KAL672 and CCA670, KAL670 changes direction and appears to go supersonic just as the MH370 hits the coast of Malaysia, is this just a glitch?
          I do not think that the KAL plane has the power to go supersonic

Comment

• Originally posted by jblue View Post
            I do not think that the KAL plane has the power to go supersonic
            A
            max speed 530mph

Comment

• Originally posted by jblue View Post
              A
              max speed 530mph
              That's why I asked if it was glitch, I am not suggesting it actually did.mh370.jpg

Comment

• sorry, to bother again, but can any expert her answear me , why is the pilot able to swith off the transponder during a flight? what sense does that feature make?
                thx a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by elheisenberg View Post
                  sorry, to bother again, but can any expert her answear me , why is the pilot able to swith off the transponder during a flight? what sense does that feature make?
                  thx a lot
                  I am not sure why they have a switch to tun it off but it can easily be unplugged (by easily, the unit needs to be pulled from the rack and the pug needs to be un screwed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                    USA think its crashed in indian ocean now http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...o-indian-ocean
                    They also believe a satellite received an electronic ping containing no data AFTER contact was lost. Very curious indeed.

Comment

• tomnod photo of a plane, but i would say it is too small!

Comment

• Originally posted by elheisenberg View Post
                        sorry, to bother again, but can any expert her answear me , why is the pilot able to swith off the transponder during a flight? what sense does that feature make?
                        thx a lot
                        Quote from AskthePilot.com
                        Patrick Smith of the website AskthePilot.com points out that pilots have the ability to turn off transponders.

"In the interest of safety — namely, fire and electrical system protection — it’s important to have the ability to isolate a piece of equipment," he says on his site. "Also, transponders will occasionally malfunction and transmit erroneous or incomplete data, at which point a crew will recycle the device — switching it off, then on — or swap to another unit."
                        It seems unlikely for a plane to drop off the map given today's tracking technology. But, this year has seen two flights disappear while travelling over southeast Asia.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• i have no idea.........but if i check the meassures, lookd a little bit bigger than 20m to me

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                            Quote from AskthePilot.com

"Patrick Smith of the website AskthePilot.com points out that pilots have the ability to turn off transponders.

"In the interest of safety — namely, fire and electrical system protection — it’s important to have the ability to isolate a piece of equipment," he says on his site. "Also, transponders will occasionally malfunction and transmit erroneous or incomplete data, at which point a crew will recycle the device — switching it off, then on — or swap to another unit."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/how-cou...adar-1.2568713

thx man, you are a star...!!!
                            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-13, 21:52. Reason: Quote added

Comment

• More details now on the 'electronic ping'.

From Daily Record:

More details now on the 'electronic ping'.

A source close to the investigation said communications satellites picked up faint electronic pulses from Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 after it went missing on Saturday.

However, the signals gave no indication about where the stray jet was heading nor its technical condition.

The "pings" equated to an indication that the aircraft’s maintenance troubleshooting systems were ready to communicate with satellites if needed, but no links were opened because Malaysia Airlines and others had not subscribed to the full troubleshooting service, the source said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cambridge
                                thats more like a cessna ..is it under water ?
                                Looks to me like a military transport plane, Hercules, Transall or suchlike, and it may be in the air

Comment

Working...
                                X