This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beggarman View Post
    I agree completely with this conclusion.

As a comment to earlier posts on Tomnod "finds":

Please realize that the role of the "ordinary guy" looking at Tomnod map segments is just to be an unqualified first observer (a rough filter), marking anything out of the ordinary on a random map segment, in order to speed up the work done by qualified image intelligence analysts. The crowd should thus have in mind that this is their role, and not believe that it is up to them to judge what is actually wreckage or not, the relevance of a possible geographical location (in relation to land) etc.

What you are asked to do is to donate your time, briefly scan the map segments, and mark things on the map that your brain finds anomalous. Nothing more, nothing less. While this may sound somewhat harsh, it is greatly preferable to hordes of people posting theories about their finds all over the net, and crying wolf ("PLEASE LOOK AT WHAT I'VE FOUND!!! I'M SURE IT'S A WING!!!"). Just mark it down and move on to the next segment. It is good enough work, it is what is asked for, and it is appreciated.

That being said, I am sure there could be improvements made to the Tomnod service, so that the users feel more involved and/or appreciated. Perhaps it would be interesting to be able to leave comments on certain finds, although this would invite users to write text instead of doing what they are supposed to -- searching more segments. But it may still be worth consideration.
    Hi, while I agree and completely apprecriate the role of the crowd as a rough filter (part of my work actually involves image reognition), and yes, some time may be wasted by attention being drawn away from the task to post findings online, I would argue that knowledge of where one is looking would probably serve as a greater hook/incentive (not that any more should be needed than finding the actual plane of course), thereby increasing the number of people looking and also the time they spend looking. I've read of so many people getting frustrated that they don't bother beyond ten mins.

We need to remember than for crowdsourcing to work we need one thing above all else: a crowd. And if people become frustrated with the software or feel their views are dismissed then they may give it up as a pointless exercise, no matter how desperate they are for the plane to be found.

Comment

• The Telegraph releases transcript of final 54 minutes of communication:

As the Malaysian government confirms that the MH370 crash was 'an accident', we republish the cockpit communication aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, from its taxi on the runway to its final message at 1.19am of 'all right, good night'.

Comment

• There is a public Tomnod group on facebook - probably a better place to discuss the satalite picture finds since that is what the people in the group are interested in.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Angie33 View Post
          Now they are saying that Malasysian Airlines was carrying highly flammable lithium batteries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ous-cargo.html
          If they are suggesting that a fire was the cause of this and it actually incapacitated the crew, yet this fire did not cause the even MORE highly flammable jet fuel (understatement of the century) to explode for almost 8 hours... I mean that is a pretty darn improbable theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            There is a public Tomnod group on facebook - probably a better place to discuss the satalite picture finds since that is what the people in the group are interested in.
            A far less rude way to go than threadjacking another website.

Comment

• Is Bermuda triangle relocated, or what? - another Pakistani flight also had to return, on the same route !

Comment

• Originally posted by smay69 View Post
                If they are suggesting that a fire was the cause of this and it actually incapacitated the crew, yet this fire did not cause the even MORE highly flammable jet fuel (understatement of the century) to explode for almost 8 hours... I mean that is a pretty darn improbable theory.
                The lithium battery rumor has been batting around since the beginning of this event.

Previous fire-based airline crashes over the Everglades, Jidda and near Halifax occurred long before any of the jet fuel was ignited by the fires. The TWA 800 crash originated inside a fuel tank, and blew up the plane before any fire could spread. In all known cases, the planes went down fast -- exactly zero of them flew on for hours.

It's also worth noting that in ALL of the cases of airborne fire, the crews were in radio contact with the ground right up to the very end.

Comment

• The only theory I think we can count on is the "Chaos Theory".
                  Every man and their dog knows how an undamaged plane flies and what a pilot 'should have done' or
                  a steward 'could have done'. But I challenge any person to predict
                  what would actually happen after all hell breaks loose.
                  Whether it was a fire or the roof peeled off, who knows, the pilots may not have been
                  incapacitated by smoke, but seriously injured by shrapnel or debris.
                  Subscribing to the "Chaos Theory" anything is possible. The fact the plane continued to fly
                  is just a testament to the build quality of the 777.
                  Aloha Airlines continued to fly with half the roof missing and Qantas flight 32 had an engine explode
                  and the one next to it refused to turn off. I bet you no-one predicted those.

What I would like to see happen, is a confirmed, accurate accounting of how much fuel was actually
                  on the plane, and then fly it in a simulator at varying altitudes to see what distance it would have flown.
                  Given the time and the incomprehensible size of the search areas I think the only way we will see a positive
                  result will be if we can narrow down the search area, or a pure fluke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Daemon View Post
                    A far less rude way to go than threadjacking another website.
                    Bite me!! How rude are you?? This is a forum about missing flight MH370 is it not? There are 239 people missing - 239 families who don't know where their loved ones are. IF something can be found and we bring it to the attention here for you "supposingly knowledgable" people who may be able to clarify what we find, then why not? Some of the images have already been identified as "possible wreckage" by a Moderator (Speedbird) in here and hopefully he has been able to take it further.

I enjoyed reading your longwinded yet informative posts - surely a few pictures here and there is not going to bother tooo many people. However, I will take my interest somewhere else.
                    Last edited by whatsgoingonhere; 2014-03-22, 02:41.

Comment

• the best I can guess is,...
                      one pilot might have gone to toilet and the other might have got crazy,..took the advantage of the situation of ( when all were sleeping at night ) - to suicide/killing all - and while taking that extremely sharp turn, I guess all the passengers must have fell down from the seats while they were in deep sleep,..and making a human-heap, then he took the plane to 45K ( might also have disabled the oxygen masks ) and then dropped the plane for a free-fall to to 23k,.. and by doing such,.. he made fainted all. Later, he realized that now he must commit suicide,
                      since the world will not let him go,.. so either he put the plane in an auto-pilot, till the fuel lasts, and as far as it goes,.. over the ocean and took some poison pills / drug / sleeping tablets,.. etc and rest is the history.

Or,..

Some terrorist made him/them to do this, while locking the cockpit from inside.

-----

IMO, the best bet would be and - it will serve almost like a Black Box found,..

That, collect the activity of these 4-5 guys,…their landline / mobile calls whom they called and who called them,.. where they visited,..Their tweeter /FB /web page accounts / e-mails, daily activity, bank accounts they closed recently, life insu. took recently, secured for their child future recently,…..…... electricity/cable/water connections, friends they met, Family members, if they faced any conflict / personal stress,….. and trace their last 4-5 days and it may tell a lot,…

Pilot
                      Co-pilot
                      Two bogus passport holders,
                      That boy who learnt flying, stimulator and also was known as small terrorist in China,.
                      That guy who gave away his ring/watch to his kids,. If he had any terrorist connections,……

One bogus passport holder guy's last tweeter sayings, were found mysterious, as I heard,....

-----
                      Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-22, 02:46.

Comment

• Revealed: the final 54 minutes of communication from MH370

The cockpit communication aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight can be revealed, from its taxi on the runway to its final message at 1.19am of
                        'all right, good night'. The transcript starts at 00.25 with general instructions from the control tower to the pilots. The detailed conversation begins at 00.36.

As the Malaysian government confirms that the MH370 crash was 'an accident', we republish the cockpit communication aboard the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, from its taxi on the runway to its final message at 1.19am of 'all right, good night'.

CNN : Malysian police are invesgating a phone call made by the PILOT while the flight took off.
                        Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-22, 02:50.

Comment

• Possible senario for MH370

mh370.jpg

This is my conclusion on what had happen to MH370 based on news that have been released:

1. The flight encountered on board fire after take off - the fire caused the ACARS to be disabled. The lithium ion battery cargo is the cause of the fire and toxic smoke). The toxic fumes released has overwhelmed the crews and passengers.

2. The pilots did not realize that the ACARS is not functioning at the time the message 'all right, good night' was transmitted.

3. By the time the pilot realized that there is fire in the plane, he changed its flight path towards Langkawi which has an open landing from sea with enough runway. This is also to ensure if he fails, the plane will crash into sea, avoiding land disaster. The pilot is experienced, he was avoiding possibility of crash on mainland which may cause more civilian death.
                          Malaysian Army radar confirms the flight path towards Langkawi.

4. He sets the plane into autopilot, most probably knowing that he would not survive by then. At this time, he didn't have any communication methods with air traffic control because of the fire has destroyed the communication system.This report of an experienced pilot provides clues for this observation. http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

5. By the time the plane reached Langkawi, all of the crew members, passengers and pilot is already dead or unconscious, most probably because of the smoke.

6. The plane continues on autopilot towards Andaman Sea and crashes in the vicinity of Great Nicobar Island, between the island and Subang Aceh, Sumatera. The reports of Aceh fisherman seeing a plane crashing and malaysian woman in flight from Jeddah to KL seeing the plane is supportive of this.http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...daman-islands/
                          Indonesian and Indian radar didn't detect the plane because it was flying low as it was descending.
                          Malaysian media reports say investigators considering the possibility missing plane dropped lower after diverting off courseFBI and Interpol involved in search for MH370 – live updates

7. By now, the plane debris has drifted all over Indian Ocean.

Comment

• Originally posted by voyager10 View Post
                            Revealed: the final 54 minutes of communication from MH370
                            Interesting. The Telegraph article that you included is proof positive that if someone wants to find something significant enough, that anything will do.

In the spirit of the Telegraph article, I found some "odd features" of my own:
                            • The tower needlessly identified itself "this is KL control tower..." which is sort of like a man in a Captain's uniform with a name tag reading "Obvious" declaring "I am Captain Obvious!" Yes, we can see that ourselves, Captain Obvious.
                            • At 12:40 in the morning, the tower says "good night", even though it previously had said "good morning".
                            • MH370 says "goodbye" to the tower. Proof positive that they never intended to return!
                            • In their last transmission at 1:29AM, MH370 says "good night", even though it previously had said "good morning".

That's significant...if you want it to be...

Comment

• Originally posted by abooz View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3652[/ATTACH]

This is my conclusion on what had happen to MH370 based on news that have been released:

1. The flight encountered on board fire after take off - the fire caused the ACARS to be disabled. The lithium ion battery cargo is the cause of the fire and toxic smoke). The toxic fumes released has overwhelmed the crews and passengers.

After take off, the flight was in the air for almost 2+ hours and neither the Pilot complained to, ( he was having many venues to talk to available ) nor in his commu. with control tower, he ever complained/metioned.
                              Plus, if you followed the above last transcation closely,
                              the cockpit cabin, said " alright good night " and abruptly cut off ,.. generally, this is how it always goes,... one guy says good night,.. and waits till the other says the same to him,.. or in case, if the other party still has something important to say,
                              the first guy will wait till the other party reciprocates,..... and once it is said by both the parties,..... then and then it's over and out.
                              So fire/fume part is hard to agree,... plus the flight was in air for almost 6-8 hours even after it lost the contact,...

2. The pilots did not realize that the ACARS is not functioning at the time the message 'all right, good night' was transmitted.

Again, after speaking that last words,..... it was intentionally turnd off that CVR switch and that final venue of communication was also shut off - deliberately. So it was either Pilots or the terrorist.

3. By the time the pilot realized that there is fire in the plane, he changed its flight path towards Langkawi which has an open landing from sea with enough runway. This is also to ensure if he fails, the plane will crash into sea, avoiding land disaster. The pilot is experienced, he was avoiding possibility of crash on mainland which may cause more civilian death.
                              Malaysian Army radar confirms the flight path towards Langkawi.

If it was a fire,...It can not be a major ( since, it flew 6+ hours afterwards ), and if it was minor, he should had seek the assistance from control tower, ( plane had 239 passengers means 150+ at least cell phones, Say,....if entire cockpit's communication failed. ) and when he returned and he was over Malaysia, he could had rather demanded emergency landing. The whole intent here was, to cut off the ATC and do something deliberately, which was in mind.

4. He sets the plane into autopilot, most probably knowing that he would not survive by then. At this time, he didn't have any communication methods with air traffic control because of the fire has destroyed the communication system.This report of an experienced pilot provides clues for this observation. http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

I can not buy this. Communication was cut off by him abruptly and deliberately - ( either - his will / hijacker's pressure ) He has not discussed the previous existing problem, if he had any.
                              Again, he had 150+ cell phones to call/text control tower, when he came back, plane was at low altitude and he was on land,.. In the last stage, he had simply come back and tie the plane in a 1 mile radius circle hovering over any Malayisa air space and he must be given an emergency landing, even without any communication,. or say any blinking light signals showed.

5. By the time the plane reached Langkawi, all of the crew members, passengers and pilot is already dead or unconscious, most probably because of the smoke.

The key word is " by the time " . Means, he had plenty of time, to talk to ATC and let it know of any urgent situation/accidents.
                              But here the problem is,.. it was either by his own will ( deviation ) ,..... or night-time silent hijacking.

6. The plane continues on autopilot towards Andaman Sea and crashes in the vicinity of Great Nicobar Island, between the island and Subang Aceh, Sumatera. The reports of Aceh fisherman seeing a plane crashing and malaysian woman in flight from Jeddah to KL seeing the plane is supportive of this.http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...daman-islands/
                              Indonesian and Indian radar didn't detect the plane because it was flying low as it was descending.
                              Malaysian media reports say investigators considering the possibility missing plane dropped lower after diverting off courseFBI and Interpol involved in search for MH370 – live updates

The plane must have finally crashed there, .. i agree,.....as the most possible venue,
                              as per 2-3 ppl saw it,... the ping and fuel range also agrees the location,... India also says their radars are turned ON only when needed, so they missed it, if out of 270 km of radar range.

7. By now, the plane debris has drifted all over Indian Ocean.

Could be anywhere. ( draft/wind/wave/tidal effects ) IMO, where that lady's plane's route was, at what time she saw,.. and what would be the probable longitude/lattitude of her plane at that time,.........
                              on that basis, someone should search on that path thro' those powerful chinese / australian satellites.

Pilot's motive/intention is very imp. to find out in this case, from the ground, per my above post.
                              I deny the probability of any engine malfunction/fire-fumes as compared to the Pilot/s' motive and/or probable HJ.

The only dim possibilty ( for a benefit of doubt ) could be,.. that
                              the Pilot was learning and practsing at his home computer in the stimulator his lessons
                              and once he copied the same program to plane's computer ( for learning purpose, to apply ) and somehow he forgot to cancel/repair/delete/overwrite that program and plane's computer route was messed,...
                              also he was tired/half-sleep that day - not enough sleep he had,. ...and when he realized these errors after a sudden awakening ,.. it was too late
                              and some honest mistake of playing with computer's pre-programmed data, had already done its evil job.

----------------
                              Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-22, 04:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
                                Bite me!! How rude are you?? This is a forum about missing flight MH370 is it not? There are 239 people missing - 239 families who don't know where their loved ones are. IF something can be found and we bring it to the attention here for you "supposingly knowledgable" people who may be able to clarify what we find, then why not? Some of the images have already been identified as "possible wreckage" by a Moderator (Speedbird) in here and hopefully he has been able to take it further.

I enjoyed reading your longwinded yet informative posts - surely a few pictures here and there is not going to bother tooo many people. However, I will take my interest
                                somewhere else.
                                I totally agree with you whatsgoingonhere. People step in here just to get your expert views while everyone's intention is to help the families and loved ones of the 239 people.

Comment

Working...
                                X