Page 28 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China - Flight MH370

Flight attendant
    I am a layman and have zero knowledge of airplane technology. I have read through this thread and I find it extremely difficult to believe that given this year and age of civilian + military advancements (publicly aware + spy installations), and given the earlier incidents of terrorists actions and otherwise airline disasters, that there are no systems in place to continuously track the location of a major commercial airplane (across a wider range of altitude), or that mission-critical avionics such as locators (aside from the blackbox pinger) can be manually turned-off!

It poses a much bigger worry for the rest of us joe blows regarding our day-to-day airline travels!

Passenger
    I've been following all of this with interest, have watched the playback on FR24, looked at a lot of the satellite images on Tomnod and read a lot of the accounts and theories out there. (Not a pro/expert by any means, but interested nevertheless!)

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but one thing I have wondered about, and not seen discussed, is a collision. A military jet, particularly a spyplane, might not have shown up for everyone. And do small private jets always use/have transponders? What about things like stray weather balloons?

I note the mention by the Malaysian military of tracking an aircraft heading to the Strait of Malacca, could this have been one of two foreign military aircraft? It's a one-in-a-million chance, but we are having to think about extraordinary circumstances now.

The sudden loss of information is the thing that really makes me think of a sudden, catastrophic incident, or at least enough to take out the transponder and result in sudden loss of height. Switching off the transponder alone surely wouldn't mean the plane was lost to all radar.

What about other communications on board, eg information automatically relayed on the performance of the engines etc - are all the transmitters for this information situated in round about the same place on the aircraft?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingonhere View Post
    I'm with you Seahorse! How can NOBODY find this plane after all this time.....let alone know what happened in the first place? I am not with conspiracy theories, but now I'm starting to wonder about a group of people on board this plane...... Not wanting to speculate too much and too early, but sheesh, what's going on here???
    Agreed, I am new to this forum and do not want to speculate - but a look a into the circumstances of a certain group of people on that flight - the technology they were working on, and the company share price are all strange coincidences.

Passenger
    people keep going back to these ADs. If the ADs are suggested the airlines due them, they do not put them off unless Boeing can not supply the parts to complete the the task by the scheduled time, in this case they would have an extension.
    the issue of the transponders keep comming up, they can be unplugged just like your TV or TV component.

anything more on the site off china that they think they spotted the plane in the water?
    I am still swaying tword hijacking, although a fisherman claims he saw the plane on fire

Passenger
    from a trade publication this am

Founded in 1972, MAS has one fatal accident (excluding a 1977 hijacking) on record--a 1995 Fokker 50 crash that killed 34 of 53 onboard, the Aviation Safety Network (ASN) shows.

Two Boeing 777 hulls have been lost--the 2008 British Airways (BA) crash landing at Heathrow, later pegged to a fuel system icing issue, and last year's Asiana Airlines crash landing at San Francisco, which NTSB is still probing. Both were 777-200s; the BA aircraft had Rolls-Royce Trent 800 powerplants, while the Asiana aircraft had Pratt & Whitney PW4090s. A third--the EgyptAir 777-200 that suffered a cockpit fire in July 2011--was damaged beyond repair and written off.

note: these aircraft have different engines

Flight attendant
    This is perplexing what could have happened, however I feel for the families in all this.

There is too much speculation, too little facts.

The plane will be found in due course. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Passenger
    I don't know if this has been covered, but watching the replay, can anyone tell me what is going on with KAL672 and CCA670, KAL670 changes direction and appears to go supersonic just as the MH370 hits the coast of Malaysia, is this just a glitch?

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by agvft View Post
    I don't know if this has been covered, but watching the replay, can anyone tell me what is going on with KAL672 and CCA670, KAL670 changes direction and appears to go supersonic just as the MH370 hits the coast of Malaysia, is this just a glitch?
    I do not think that the KAL plane has the power to go supersonic

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by jblue View Post
    I do not think that the KAL plane has the power to go supersonic
    A
    max speed 530mph

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by jblue View Post
    A
    max speed 530mph
    That's why I asked if it was glitch, I am not suggesting it actually did.mh370.jpg