Page 107 of 145 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1444

Thread: Malaysia Airlines Flight Goes Missing En Route to China - Flight MH370

Passenger
    Yet another overlay image. This time of MH370 last military radar plots and FR24 map at the time of the last radar contact (18:22 UTC, 7 March/02:22 MYT, 8 March).

(Click for a larger version)

Notable is that Emirates flight EK343 (KUL-DXB) at FL340 is right behind/above MH370 at FL295, on the same heading (route N571). A (very rough) approximation of the distance between the aircraft is 30-40 nm (~55-75 km). Uncertainty due to coarse time resolution.

Can any conclusions be drawn from this, or does it perhaps beg more questions?

Flight attendant
    Did not check into this forum for 12+ hours and suddenly it became a tomnod support site.... with people seemingly "yelling at each other" (albeit the texts were not capitalised / bolded) and claiming of leaving....

Folks... this IS a Flightradar24 site and this thread IS generously hosted by Flightradar24 so I believe we should all give a little respect and gratitude to the site owners on allowing us to leverage on this resource. Most of us here are all worried about the passengers on board and if the newbies pay a little respect to this thread's contributors by READING what was previously written they would see that.

Barging in and flooding this site with referrals to another site is simply RUDE. Arguing with this site's moderator(s) is simply STUPID. If you don't like this, please LEAVE. No one forced you to be here in the first place.

Now let's get back to the high quality discussions we had before which is why some of us stuck to this site.

And if our discussions are deviating from this site's main intention, I respectfully ask the moderators to either guide us appropriately, or kick us out which the moderators and owners have the absolute right to do so.

BTW Flightradar24.... thank you for allowing us to share our thoughts for the past 110+ pages and hope we get a little more leeway until MH370 is located.

Also BTW, I am a strong supporter of mandating a system which allows the continuous tracking of of an aircraft and one which cannot be turned off by anyone on the plane. Satellite-based ADS-B /transponder system would work as long as someone works out how to make it conflict free (maybe via assigning more digits to squawk and setting some form of globally structured digit assignment) and tamper-proof. I hope I am making sense as again I am a newbie.... but I have learnt so much in the past couple of days.
    Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-22 at 11:00.

Flight attendant
    Back to the discussions....

I seriously wonder what the point is on releasing the Control Tower <-> Cockpit transcript.... I mean, it has to be "clean" or else releasing it would cause yet another round of "creative journalism" which is something the authorities are now trying to avoid. And if it is clean (as released), what's the point?

BTW, pilots on another site made a good point with relation to FL450 (if real since this is still not really proven).... what can the pilot / plane do at 45000 feet that it cannot do in 35000 feet (re fire and passengers - if these indeed were the reasons). Why need to go to FL450?
    Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-22 at 10:46.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    Back to the discussions....
    BTW, pilots on another site made a good point with relation to FL450 (if real since this is still not really proven).... what can the pilot / plane do at 45000 feet that it cannot do in 35000 feet?
    How do we know the FL450 is real? Do a playback on this site for MH370 the next night (ie 24 hours after this plane went missing) - Mar 8, 17:00 UTC. That one does a weird FL450 loop but I think it may be a reading anomaly based on perhaps reads from 2 different ADS-B receivers over their maximum range...

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Attack View Post
    I seriously wonder what the point is on releasing the Control Tower <-> Cockpit transcript.... I mean, it has to be "clean" or else releasing it would cause yet another round of "creative journalism" which is something the authorities are now trying to avoid. And if it is clean (as released), what's the point?
    There's no point other than transparancy, fwiw.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by smay69 View Post
    How do we know the FL450 is real? Do a playback on this site for MH370 the next night (ie 24 hours after this plane went missing) - Mar 8, 17:00 UTC. That one does a weird FL450 loop but I think it may be a reading anomaly based on perhaps reads from 2 different ADS-B receivers over their maximum range...
    exactly their point... people keep clinging on to the hypothesis that it did go to FL450 without evidence and without the need to do so...

Passenger
    That one does a weird FL450 loop but I think it may be a reading anomaly based on perhaps reads from 2 different ADS-B receivers over their maximum range...
    I've seen similar anomalies over the Mediteranian in the past years. Plots are only as good as the range the ground equipment can handle.

Flight attendant
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmb View Post
    There's no point other than transparancy, fwiw.
    Ahhh.... but they are not really transparent are they!!!!!

I was going to ask the same question yesterday, has FL450 been confirmed anywhere, if not my guess is the data from Flightradar24 has been used from the following day. The data from the following day had a data error in it and the Flight would not have moved like that in reality.

To be honest the only information i am certain is correct for MH370 is that the Aircraft disappearing off Flightradar24's Map and the last contact from the Aircraft tie in time wise.

All other information from various source's is vague or guesswork, the Inmarsat data being a prime example as the Aircraft could be anywhere.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Quote Originally Posted by speedbird1960 View Post
    I was going to ask the same question yesterday, has FL450 been confirmed anywhere, if not my guess is the data from Flightradar24 has been used from the following day. The data from the following day had a data error in it and the Flight would not have moved like that in reality.

To be honest the only information i am certain is correct for MH370 is that the Aircraft disappearing off Flightradar24's Map and the last contact from the Aircraft tie in time wise.

All other information from various source's is vague or guesswork, the Inmarsat data being a prime example as the Aircraft could be anywhere.
    The report of 45,000 feet appeared in the NYT. Apparently the transponder went off and this was followed by a climb to 45,000 feet. This report only lasted a day or two. It was followed by a report in the NYT that, after the transponder went off, the plane executed a turn to the west "under computer control" (at 35,000 feet). Go figure!