Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing jet crashed in Indian Ocean, families get text that passengers are dead

The Malaysian prime minister announced Monday that the missing Malaysia Airlines jet crashed in a remote area of the Indian Ocean.

Citing new satellite data, Najib Rizak said during a news conference at 10 a.m. New York time that the plane's last known location was a remote area over the water,
    and therefore he concluded that the flight ended in the water, with all 239 passengers and crew aboard.

"Based on the new analysis, [investigators] have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor,
    and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean west of Perth," Rizak said in announcing the dramatic development.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore for with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that according to this new data, Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean," he said.
    Malaysia Airlines on Monday also told relatives of the people on board the missing jet that it believes the plane went down in the Indian Ocean with no survivors.

"Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived," it said in a text message to relatives, the BBC reported.
    In China, men and women shrieked and sobbed uncontrollably at the news 17 days after the plane disappeared.

Others held up their loved ones who were near collapse.
    One woman collapsed and fell on her knees, crying "My son! My son!"
    Relatives of passengers in Beijing had been called to a hotel near the airport to hear the announcement.
    The text msg Malaysia Airlines sent to inform Chinese #MH370 families about flight's fate ending in S Indian Ocean http://t.co/Ys3azWL7WB"

Adrienne Mong (@adriennemong) March 24, 2014'
    In Malaysia, Selamat Omar, the father of a 29-year-old aviation engineer who was on the flight, said relatives of other passengers broke down in tears at the news.
    "We accept the news of the tragedy. It is fate," Selamat said.

Selamat said the airline hasn't told the families yet whether they will be taken to Australia, which is coordinating the search for the plane. He said they expect more details Tuesday.
    The discovery was made by the British satellite company Inmarsat, which employed a new algorithm to calculate the last known location of the missing plane.
    Rescuers had been searching both a northern route and the southern route, where the plane is now believed to have gone down.
    Search vessels were steaming toward the area but were not expected to arrive until Tuesday.

The announcement came as Australian and Chinese search planes on Monday spotted more debris where satellite images had shown objects that could have come from the missing airliner.
    But it was unclear if the debris came from the jet.

The Malaysian prime minister announced Monday that the missing Malaysia Airlines jet crashed in a remote area of the Indian Ocean. Citing new satellite data, Najib Rizak said during a news conferen…

Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-24, 18:36.

Comment

• Please read the articles you are all now posting. Most of them are simply quoting the official statement with a 2 sentence blurb. Meaning it is the same over and over. Being first to post is not always the first to have said...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• An old ad of Malaysian Airlines

What a dble meant ad !
        Sadfully n' Sorrowfully,..
        Alas ! It happned the same in a very cruel way !! (

The saddest day of my life !

They say,.. " Hope Floats,..." and,.. Lo n' have it,...here it does==>

KUALA LUMPUR: International teams have reported more visual sightings of objects in the southern corridor search area, possibly related to the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

"Two orange objects, approximately one metre in length, and one white-coloured drum were sighted by search aircraft," said acting Transport Minster Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein.

"These objects remain unidentified and have not been conclusively linked to MH370."

He also said that the Australian navy's HMAS Success detected two radar targets in the search area, but was not able to locate the objects.

Hishammuddin also said that a Chinese search plane reportedly sighted objects in the Australian search area.

However, he said "these objects are not in the vicinity of those which were identified by Australian authorities last week".

Hishammuddin also said that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak received a phone from Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott, saying that its search aircraft had located two objects in the Australian search area, one circular and one rectangular.

"HMAS Success is in the vicinity, and it is possible that the objects could be retrieved within next few hours, or by tomorrow morning at the latest," said Hishammuddin
        RIP all,... My heart cries out for the victims, and May god impart them the utmost peace,. and strength to their kins to withstand this unbearable loss,..a void, impossible to fill.

When we R out there, to march on for a ride, to conquer the Mars and Jupiter, we forget that,..we still are a tiny grain, who have not conquered our own ocean enough ! What a Pity ! May force be with all of us.

Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-24, 19:15.

Comment

• No proof and they confirmed that everyone is dead and it crashed in the indian ocean.....makes sense. Just like how they found and killed osama but showed no proof. Something is extremely wrong here.

Comment

• Certain things are cloudy here.

The authority, had visited Pilot’s wife and had some data-conversation were held,..which they are not releasing,..

They still may/may not have the acuurate details about some derbies found, and they may/may not had checked out those with Boeing company ( plane maker of those debris material ) and they are not releasing that,..

Somehow,..
            Malaises authorities now wanna wrap it up,
            as they are more concerned about the cost and efficiency of the investigation cost,… Previously also they cut off the US offer to assist searching ( FBI hiring ) and had also had stopped India’s searching work,.. etc.
            So, they obviously do not want to end up with a hugh hugh investigation cost bills, by many nations dumping on them,…as I understand.
            Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-24, 20:58.

Comment

• Wrong? Not quite. Given they have to date not interviewed any miracle stories who were previously strapped to a large hunk of metal bulkhead, dropped into 6000m deep near freezing waters in cyclone conditions 2400kms from land for 15 days+ and lived to tell the tale, I tend to believe it.

That's a big enough ask for 1 person let alone 140.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• "This is not the place to seek blame"

Especially, as it may turn out that the one(s) being vilified may turn out to be heroes.

Furthermore, lets hope the crew and passengers were unconscious when the aircraft lost power and went into its death "spiral". RIP, MH370!
                Last edited by MIT EE; 2014-03-24, 23:03.

Comment

• Its strange, but everything points to this being deliberate actions, and finding the crash site to be in the southern Indian ocean points me to believe that whoever was responsible doesnt want the plane to be found or retrieved. As criminal investigators usually say, you should follow the money to find out who is behind it. Who has the most to gain. It is possible the pilots parachuted after setting this course, or maybe the course was set beforehand by someone else. One turn, is explainable as being normal, but two and to end up where it did?

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian
                    As the OP of the thread. I requested they close the thread.
                    FR24 didn't want to close the thread. So I guess they want to keep it open for some reason.
                    They never said why.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
                    Definatly time to close this thread. Sadly the fate of the plane and the passengers is now known. This is not the place to seek blame and people are now just 'sharing' stuff widely published elsewhere.
                    Lets stop it now!
                    I wasn't around at the time, but probably because being a thread starter doesn't actually automatically grant any more rights than the next person to request an ongoing discussion be closed because they feel it should be...

Or that the change in news the last 8hrs or so was probably not reason enough to start yet ANOTHER thread of the same subject simply since the status of the circumstance has possibly now changed. Especially when thread names can be be changed by editing the first post..
                    Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-03-24, 23:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by rauldeleon View Post
                      Its strange, but everything points to this being deliberate actions, and finding the crash site to be in the southern Indian ocean points me to believe that whoever was responsible doesnt want the plane to be found or retrieved. As criminal investigators usually say, you should follow the money to find out who is behind it. Who has the most to gain. It is possible the pilots parachuted after setting this course, or maybe the course was set beforehand by someone else. One turn, is explainable as being normal, but two and to end up where it did?
                      Theres a few things already mentioned about your queries.

ACARS would log a set waypoint deviation in the flightpath and transmit that (but apparently didn't). The turn would also have taken over 2mins, which would be enough to make a comms response.

Don't believe an active flight has the normal escape chutes etc a test bed aircraft is fitted with. Generally only the front windows, and by golly you wouldn't want to pop one of those at 200kts

We can only but hope the US Naval drag-drone sent to locate the box works well if it is infact the right area and all shall be revealed (appart from the audio as its short-looped)

Comment

• Anyhoo... As most can see, the past week or so has meant valuable information originally being given to answer new user queries etc has been slowing dropping off on its own accord from the thread with the boredom of needing to read 100 pages of posts kicking in.

Lost in pages of speculation, conspiracy theories and home-searching users reaching out seeking reassurance (to which I spent a good 40mins or so breaking off to it's own thread not that anyone noticed)

Of the 715 users that have recently registered to view I very much doubt there are more than 20 or so keeping up with the latest posts as they are simply re-posted releases obtainable by standard media outlets.

Closing the thread prematurely because users see fit would only lead to additional new threads by users again. Creating further clerical work - a few of these have already been merged into this centralised location by a number of mods.

As a result of the latest news and direction the thread was going, I had already mooted the idea this morning (my time) of Speedbird taking ownership, closing and only posting relevant Avherald and Australian authority update links until further valuable details arise. When they are once again into their day to see that, closure may come to fruition. But for now this remains an active topic to prevent further threads popping up.

Comment

• THE Australian Maritime Safety Authority has suspended the air and sea search for MH370 today due to bad weather.

“Due to rough seas, HMAS Success departed the search area early this morning and is now in transit south of the search area until seas abate. A sea state ranging between 7 to 8 is forecast today with waves up to two metres and an associated swell of up to four metres,” it said in an update.

“The area is also forecast to experience strong gale force winds of up to 80km/h, periods of heavy rain, and low cloud with a ceiling between 200 and 500 feet.”

AMSA said conducting the search in such conditions would be hazardous and pose a risk to crews.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Anyhoo... As most can see, the past week or so has meant valuable information originally being given to answer new user queries etc has been slowing dropping off on its own accord...

... But for now this remains an active topic to prevent further threads popping up.

Still here and thanks Flightradar24 for having this forum which allowed us to vent our views, and thank you the REAL experts (you know who you are) from whom I've learnt so much from. Will surely continue to keep eye over this event until the necessary justice is brought and the facts revealed.

BTW, did notice that the thread split-off for a short moment when "the announcement" was made and was quickly re-spliced....

Comment

• latest full media release from AMSA (search suspended due to weather);

Any further releases from AMSA (Australian Maritime Safety Authority) may be found on the following link;

apologies if it has been posted previously amongst the many pages on this topic.

Regards,
                              Gregg
                              Last edited by fungus; 2014-03-25, 00:29.
                              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Thank you all for your informative posts and for opening up your discussion to us newbies.

It seems the Malaysian authorities and the countries assisting them do believe that MH370 crashed in the Southern Indian Ocean - I imagine they may have more information than we are privy to. Bless all the souls who perished in the crash. My prayers go to the families who now must deal with their grief and the possibility that the bodies of their loved ones may never be recovered. (

Comment

Working...
                                X