X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the Playback: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03...MAS370/2d81a27
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

That is Mike here, the man who looks after FR24 business for Fredrik.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

oh... its him...

Comment

It would be nice to see the playback at speed 1x because we might see if the aircraft suddenly vanished (exploded?) or gradually (fast?) descended. (technical problem)

Comment

yup... too fast playback..

so Seahorse, where are you from?

Comment

I'm from Belgium but used to live in Malaysia long time ago (1992-1998) working with Siemens Nixdorf.
              Enjoyed the scube diving there very much

Comment

What's disturbing about this flight was everything seems so normal, there was no sign of any trouble, no mayday ever sent. The flight was cruising at 35,000 with a zero Vertical speed and then the ADS-B down-link just stops. If there was any kind of engine or control of the aircraft problem, we would have seen a change in the altitude and track. What ever happened was sudden and catastrophic as if it broke up in flight, possibly an explosion.
                www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

I agree 1090MHz, something catastrophic appears to have happened.
                  Aviation Herald are saying "radar and radio contact was lost at about 01:22L (17:22Z Mar 7th)"

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-08, 14:25.
                  AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by ascentia78 View Post
                    It was my radar (F-WMKC1) detecting the plane.

I hope Flightradar24 can create a warning system to premium user that hosting the server if any plane does not complete a trip or suddenly missing.
                    Of course this would be great, but it's very hard to know why it has disappeared. It could be receiver error, bad coverage, transponder problem, fast but controlled descent or many other reasons. This is something that we for sure will be working on improving in the future but improved coverage is a must to make it stable.

Comment

hehehe.. Good for all...

By the way, who is Mikael Robertson. He just interviewed by phone at my country TV station (malaysia)
                      I guess that's me

Comment

CNN just reported that a Vietnamese aircraft has spotted oil and objects in the sea somewhere between Vietnam and Malaysia. Does not look good

Comment

Hello forum, just created an account to present you guys a question that my father has put forward.

There is some discrepancy at the fact that the last known position, 120 nautical miles off the cost of Kota Bahru, was roughly 2 hours after takeoff. That is incredible for an aircraft that was at cruising altitude and would supposedly be at cruising speed (assuming there were no known speed issues; nothing has been reported on): A flight from Kuala Lumpur to Ho Chi Minh on a scheduled flight with Malaysia Airlines takes 1h 55m, and a flight with Malaysia Airlines from Kuala Lumpur to Kota Bahru takes 55 minutes. How could the aircraft take 2 hours to reach the vicinity of Kota Bahru when a standard flight to the city only takes 55 minutes? At most, the aircraft should have been 1h:10min through the flight at that point. There has been no comment or trace of a diverging flight route or ridiculously strong headwinds.

Also, in a surprising turn of events, the Italian that was listed on the Flight manifest (Link removed for privacy reasons), Luigi Maraldi, was confirmed to not be on board the aircraft and actually in Thailand after being contacted by officials at the Italian Minister of Foreign Affairs, according to Italian news. Apparently his passport was lost last August while he was in Thailand and had applied for a new one while in Italy and had since returned to Thailand. A hypothesis was put forward that someone had successfully boarded the aircraft using the stolen passport. Any thoughts?

UPDATE: After consulting reddit, it appears that what the news has been reporting until now (and the statements from Malaysia Airlines) is that the reported time of lost contact of 2:40am is actually incorrect. It appears known radar contact was actually lost at 1:20am local time; 40 minutes after take-off which is more likely for this flight. What seems to be the case is that the statement by the ATC at 2:40am was a time of communication, but not the ACTUAL time of lost contact.
                          Last edited by egal90; 2014-03-08, 14:42. Reason: Link removed and post approved.

Comment

It was my radar (F-WMKC1) detecting the plane.

I hope Flightradar24 can create a warning system to premium user that hosting the server if any plane does not complete a trip or suddenly missing.
                            Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Of course this would be great, but it's very hard to know why it has disappeared. It could be receiver error, bad coverage, transponder problem, fast but controlled descent or many other reasons. This is something that we for sure will be working on improving in the future but improved coverage is a must to make it stable.
                            Hello from Sabah ascentia78. Must be a bit of a mixed feeling that it is your receiver (and those feeders around KT/Kuantan) detected MAS370's final path.

I read a book written by Captain Lim (same who runs the website askcaptainlim) and he did state that in the future there will be continuous online streaming of flight datas. That will be the future and hopefully implemented soon, as the flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder could be difficult if not impossible to locate at times, such as the air france 447 incident. Getting continuous data uploaded would solve the problem. A FB user commented we can now search our phone with a button if it were lost, but we have difficulty searching an aircraft gone missing.

But I do agree with Mike, developing something to warn premium user of a flight did not complete a trip/problem at this present moment is complicated and the technology for that is still not mature enough IMHO. It will be in the future, we just don;t know when yet.
                            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-03-08, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                              What's disturbing about this flight was everything seems so normal, there was no sign of any trouble, no mayday ever sent. The flight was cruising at 35,000 with a zero Vertical speed and then the ADS-B down-link just stops. If there was any kind of engine or control of the aircraft problem, we would have seen a change in the altitude and track. What ever happened was sudden and catastrophic as if it broke up in flight, possibly an explosion.
                              My thoughts exactly. Something really catastrophic has happened and we don't know what at the moment. That is one possibility (explosion), the other would be some mechanical failure that made the plane un-flyable immediately. This is indeed what disturbed me. If there was some other normal mechanical failures/decompression, there is always time to at least declare and emergency. Errily reminds us of Air France 447, bad weather played its part there... but this, the weather was reportedly good. Time will tell.

Comment

Please look at flight MH57 in front of MH370, It has the same flightpath as MH370, but is already above Vietnam when MH370 disappeared from radar. If you playback the flight, you can see that MH370 went missing as soon as it made a small course change (just like MH57 did earlier). There might be a link between the course change and the crash. Here is the link for playback: http://www.flightradar24.com/2014-03.../MAS52/2d80c86 flight path.jpg.

Comment

Working...
                                X