Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump1090 and Basestation

Hi folks

I am running a Rasperberry Pi with Debain wheezy.

I REALLY would LOVE to feed the data to my Basestation software as well.

If anyone has done this, I would appreciate your method.

I can feed data to Basestation from ADBS# on Windows but am having serious difficulty feeding from DUmp1090 direct Basesation

Help would be appreciated

on the pi do ./dump1090 --help

see if there is an output you and enable that will satisfy the software requirements of the other stuff

Comment

Thanks peterh - done that already

The only output format relating is this one "--net-sbs-port <port> TCP BaseStation output listen port (default: 30003)". However, any amount of tweaking (and trying to use com0com) has resulted in nothing showing on Basestation

For the benefit of others, I have posted the help from dump1090
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      --device-index <index> Select RTL device (default: 0)
      --gain <db> Set gain (default: max gain. Use -100 for auto-gain)
      --enable-agc Enable the Automatic Gain Control (default: off)
      --freq <hz> Set frequency (default: 1090 Mhz)
      --ifile <filename> Read data from file (use '-' for stdin)
      --interactive Interactive mode refreshing data on screen
      --interactive-rows <num> Max number of rows in interactive mode (default: 15)
      --interactive-ttl <sec> Remove from list if idle for <sec> (default: 60)
      --interactive-rtl1090 Display flight table in RTL1090 format
      --raw Show only messages hex values
      --net Enable networking
      --modeac Enable decoding of SSR Modes 3/A & 3/C
      --net-beast TCP raw output in Beast binary format
      --net-only Enable just networking, no RTL device or file used
      --net-http-port <port> HTTP server port (default: 8080)
      --net-ri-port <port> TCP raw input listen port (default: 30001)
      --net-ro-port <port> TCP raw output listen port (default: 30002)
      --net-sbs-port <port> TCP BaseStation output listen port (default: 30003)
      --net-bi-port <port> TCP Beast input listen port (default: 30004)
      --net-bo-port <port> TCP Beast output listen port (default: 30005)
      --net-ro-size <size> TCP raw output minimum size (default: 0)
      --net-ro-rate <rate> TCP raw output memory flush rate (default: 0)
      --lat <latitude> Reference/receiver latitude for surface posn (opt)
      --lon <longitude> Reference/receiver longitude for surface posn (opt)
      --fix Enable single-bits error correction using CRC
      --no-fix Disable single-bits error correction using CRC
      --no-crc-check Disable messages with broken CRC (discouraged)
      --phase-enhance Enable phase enhancement
      --aggressive More CPU for more messages (two bits fixes, ...)
      --mlat display raw messages in Beast ascii mode
      --stats With --ifile print stats at exit. No other output
      --onlyaddr Show only ICAO addresses (testing purposes)
      --metric Use metric units (meters, km/h, ...)
      --snip <level> Strip IQ file removing samples < level
      --debug <flags> Debug mode (verbose), see README for details
      --quiet Disable output to stdout. Use for daemon applications
      --ppm <error> Set receiver error in parts per million (default 0)
      --help Show this help

Comment

Use modesmixer2 (just Google it!). It can be run simply from the command line on your Pi and will send BS 30006 format messages. Just read the help and play!
        Michael
        Palmerston North,
        New Zealand
        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

And it works brilliantly!!

Comment

ModesMixer2 v.20150715

This is a console (command line) coder/decoder program with WEB interface that can do:
            - merging data from any number of ModeS tcp-sources: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001, MSG and/or physical serial devices - COM*-ports in Windows or /dev/tty's in Linux to merged output stream. This stream, in turn, may be issued to the network in various formats simultaneously. Data format of input tcp-sources is automatically recognized. Incoming data may be both inConnect (pull from <address>:<port>) and inServer (listen data on own TCP-port <port>).
            - decoding/transcoding the input data to different formats to output: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001 and MSG as required by user.
            - splitting output data stream for any number of IP-clients in the following formats: binBEAST, AVR, AVRMLAT, SBS30006, SBS10001 and MSG. The output data can be both outConnect (push <address>:<port>) and outServer (listen request on own TCP-port <port>).

Examples:
            C:\>modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.0.2:50040 --inSerial COM1:3000000:hardware --inConnect 192.168.0.170:10001 --outServer msg:30003 --outServer sbs10001:10001 --globes 31008:table2:UUDD
            C:\>modesmixer2.exe --inConnect 192.168.0.10:10003 --web 8888 --db C:\Tmp\basestation.sqb --frdb C:\Tmp\flightroute.sqb --pictures C:\Tmp\Images --silhouettes C:\Tmp\Silhouettes

When you try to launch modesmixer you can get an error that msvcp110.dll or/and msvcr110.dll is missing. Please, get the actual Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from the Microsoft site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679
            You will need 32 bit version: VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe regardless of what bitness have your operating system! The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install runtime components that are required to run C++ applications built with Visual Studio 2012.

In the archive modesmixer_xp.exe is the same program, but was compiled with Platform Toolset property to Visual Studio 2012 – Windows XP (v110_xp) for compatibility with windows XP.

After the command <Control-C> to stop the program, be sure to wait for the save data in the database file!
            The console will display a special message. Depending on the number of observed aircraft the time for safely save data in the database can be up to one minute.

Cancel program by <Control-C>

The aircraft icon courtesy of Andrew Whewell http://www.virtualradarserver.com/
            The silhouettes courtesy of Ian Kirby (copyright) http://www.sbsbst.co.uk/iank/
            The WEB page "Charts" use Highcharts http://www.highcharts.com/

If you see on the page Map that all aircraft are being plotted in the top-left corner and the Google map does not load, then you need to do bypass your cache in browser.

Bypassing your cache means forcing your web browser to re-download a web page from scratch, which can often solve website display glitches. It is also required after installing user scripts. Bypassing your cache is simple, safe, and causes no permanent changes.

When you are on the page "Map":
            In most Windows and Linux browsers: Hold down Ctrl and press F5.
            In Apple Safari: Hold down ⇧ Shift and click the Reload toolbar button.
            Or use menu: Control+Shift+Del
            Last edited by sergsero; 2015-07-28, 12:31.

Comment

ModesDeco2 v.20150628:

+ added support for AirSpy receivers (Firmware Version: Base AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc4-0-g23d1436 2015-03-22 and special AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc3-2-g23d1436-dirty 2015-03-22) with Intel x86 CPU (Windows, Linux, OS X)
              + added option --airspy-sr <arg> Set AirSpy sample rate (default: max available). Example: 4, 6, or 10 (for use with special fw AirSpy NOS v1.0.0-rc3-2-g23d1436-dirty 2015-03-22 only)
              + added option --avrmlatas <arg> Enable AVR MLAT AirSpy format (*<frame>;<timestamp: 4 bytes>;<samples_per_pulse: 1 byte>;\r\n) output listen port (defaultff)
              + added option --web-auth <arg> Enable web auth usernameassword (default: off)
              + added option --filter-ic Enable Interrogator Code filter (default: off)
              + added option --metric Enable metric system of distance measurement
              + added ability to select rows for aircraft's label on the map
              + added ability to display METAR data (with decoding them by pushing on the string) for one airport
              + table on Google map is draggable. Move it by clicking on it with the mouse and dragging it anywhere within the viewport

This is a console (command line) Mode-S SDR receiver program with WEB interface designed for RTLSDR devices,that can do:
              - Decode Mode-S and Mode-A/C messages by software defined radio (SDR) method.
              - Setup the DVB-T dongle: Select RTL device, Set gain in Receiver, Enable Automatic Gain Control in RTL, Set channel frequency, Set frequency correction (in units of parts per million (ppm)).
              - Output received messages on the console screen or to network. The output data stream may be in the following formats: BEAST binary, AVR ascii, AVR-mlat, SBS10001 (for BaseStation.exe) and MSG.
              - Output data checked for validity ICAO standards and lack of ghosts.
              - To decode data from aircraft standing on the ground, you need to specify the coordinates of a place of accommodation of the receiver.
              - Mode RBS allows to receive Mode A/C messages simultaneously.

Examples:
              C:\>modesdeco2 --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 68 --sbs10001 10001 --avr 44044 --msg 30003 --location -32.471:104.998 --filter-nocountry --rbs --verbose
              C:\>modesdeco2.exe --gain 49.6 --freq-correction 68 --location 32.471:104.998 --web 8088 --db D:\temp\dbase\basestation.sqb --frdb D:\temp\dbase\flightroute.sqb --silhouettes D:\temp\images\silhouettes --pictures D:\temp\images\pictures --beast 10003 --msg 30003 --metric

Strongly recommend that you specify in the command line run program an option of the location of your receiver. This value can be used to correctly decode the location when missing even or odd message in CPR pair.
              Be specified in decimal format with two-three decimal places (for example: --location -32.471:104.998). High precision coordinate is not required.

When you try to launch the modesdeco you can get an error that msvcp110.dll or/and msvcr110.dll is missing.
              Please, get the actual Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from the Microsoft site. You will need 32 bit version: VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe regardless of what bitness have your operating system.
              The Visual C++ Redistributable Packages install runtime components that are required to run C++ applications built with Visual Studio 2012.

The aircraft and tower icon courtesy of Andrew Whewell http://www.virtualradarserver.com/
              The silhouettes courtesy of Ian Kirby (copyright) http://www.sbsbst.co.uk/iank/
              The WEB page "Charts" use Highcharts http://www.highcharts.com/

For RTL2832 only

If you see on the page Map that all aircraft are being plotted in the top-left corner and the Google map does not load, then you need to do bypass your cache in browser.

Bypassing your cache means forcing your web browser to re-download a web page from scratch, which can often solve website display glitches. It is also required after installing user scripts. Bypassing your cache is simple, safe, and causes no permanent changes.

When you are on the page "Map":
              In most Windows and Linux browsers: Hold down Ctrl and press F5.
              In Apple Safari: Hold down ⇧ Shift and click the Reload toolbar button.
              Or use menu: Control+Shift+Del
              Last edited by sergsero; 2015-07-28, 12:32.

Comment

Sergsero,
                May I please ask you a very silly question? Currently I have DUMP1090 running on Ubuntu - what makes ModeSDeco better than Dump? I noticed the built-in ability to combine data from 2 or more dongles, which is attractive to me at present. But beyond that? Faster decoding, better error correction, better GUI/web interface? You're more than welcome to take this off-forum if you want to drop me an email at FAKM[at]eons. co. za

Comment

Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
                  Sergsero,
                  May I please ask you a very silly question? Currently I have DUMP1090 running on Ubuntu - what makes ModeSDeco better than Dump? I noticed the built-in ability to combine data from 2 or more dongles, which is attractive to me at present. But beyond that? Faster decoding, better error correction, better GUI/web interface? You're more than welcome to take this off-forum if you want to drop me an email at FAKM[at]eons. co. za

I'd like to know too (but for Pi) - does it give the map page, possibly including a coverage chart like adsbScope does?

Comment

HermanZA,

My message was exclusively caused only by desire to clarify of the phrase " just Google it!, giving directly links to modesmixer and a short description.
                    May be need to say that modesmixer is a program for merging and transcoding Mode-S messages being received at the input in form of network streams. It can perform a helper function, complementing the capabilities of dump1090. Not more.

Modesdeco - the same console program, as dump1090. What are better - not sure what I need to give a comparative evaluation of effectiveness of these programs. I respect Salvatore and I'm glad that a year ago he created a wonderful program - dump1090.
                    Also I think that listed above characteristics today are defined and limited by hardware of RTL DVB-T dongle. Or depend on the processing power of the computer that runs SDR processing of received signals.
                    About "GUI/web interface" - I prefer to divide programs for receiving and/or process data and those that make visualizing them to observer, as VRS, Globe-S or BaseStation.

Thanks,
                    sergsero

Comment

Is it safe to say then: modeSDeco is an "improved" version of our famous and well-loved DUMP1090, but with added features and capabilities, like you have listed in a previous post.
                      Would it be possible to keep the existing Dump1090 on the box, install ModeSDeco and give it a try (after killing Dump1090)? Once configured and familiarized with it, one can then decide to keep it, or revert back to Dump1090 (modifying the fr24.sh script if you want to change over).
                      Have to mention: Its not that I don't "trust" your software, but I'm always hesitant to change something that is working, and maybe in the process, mess things up completely and ending with a total rebuild of the box.

Comment

The main program I work on is modesmixer. Test it capabilities, and, maybe, it will be useful to you for data transcoding.

However modesmixer is a network program, although it can work through the USB/COM port with receivers BEAST, microADSB, etc. But it does not work as SDR. So in addition to it I wrote SDR-program modesdeco built on the same code architecture in C++. It is cross-platform and is available in versions for windows, linux, osx.
                        All my programs don't have the installation and do not make any entries in the Windows registry. Executive file runs from the directory and stops by <Control-C>. And may be completely deleted if no longer be used, don't leaving no traces in the operating system.

I fully agree with you that if the current solution is fully satisfied, there is no need to change it to something else. Only perhaps out of curiosity to test... They "improved" can be considered only what modesdeco can be directly connected to Kinetic BaseStation.exe and modesmixer additionally and to Globe-S from jetvision.de.
                        Maybe, in the context of the issue of safety of these programs, you could look the Russian website (and forum) of radarspotting - modesmixer and modesdeco (on Russian, sorry).
                        Last edited by sergsero; 2014-04-23, 15:44.

Comment

Hello
                          I like modesdeco2 and modesmixer2. I use modesdeco2 and BaseStation.

With modesdeco2 I hace a problem : The --agc opcion not work for me.
                          The signal strength is the same with and without this opcion.
                          Checked in VRS program.

I have a Terratec dongle with RTL2832 and E4000.

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Antonio - ea7hj

Comment

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for using the programs.

I assume that best signal amplifier this is the antenna and RF input stage of receiver. Only at this stage can improve the parameters of signal using amplifiers for increasing signal to noise ratio.

In modesdeco2 is usually better not to use option --agc, that affect to automatic gain control in chip RTL2832 on the final (SDR) stage signal processing. Except that for loss compensation. The program has internal algorithm of gain control - separately fine adjustment for receiver's chip (R820T or E4000) and bistable trigger for RTL2832.
                            Modesdeco2 dynamically monitors some parameters, as level of the signal and noise and calculates the instantaneous value of threshold. Adding to this process no way associated --agc from dongle, which acting according to its own rules usually only prevents.

Although there are an exceptions from the rule for specific antenna setups and it should be found experimentally. I think that the best way to determine the benefits of the option will be to compare the number of received messages with or without --agc.
                            But in any case I will check in the code --agc option.

Thanks,
                            sergsero
                            Last edited by sergsero; 2014-05-24, 04:01.

Comment

Thaks sergsero.

Antonio - ea7hj

Comment

Working...
                              X