Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dump1090 and Basestation

Passenger
    Hi

So, i give up being a FR24 feeder. Its just too much of a problem and stops me feeding the other sites such as Freedar and 360radar hat I lke to feed.
    I have tried reconfiguring the system so my pi gets it data out of port 30006 on a pc running Basestation but that doesn't work. They even say in their own instrustions that Basestation and the FR24 feeder software should be on the same PC, but Fr24 feeder doesnt work on a PC. The instructions are naff!

So do I have to let anyone know?

Captain
    No need to tell anyone, FR24 was probably expecting most of the Windows feeders to just stop feeding.
    And they are fine with that.

If you would still like the membership for the site, i'd recommend just getting a dongle and small antenna for the RPi.

I agree the instructions are outdated, that's quite obvious very often in the forum here.
    (Pretty much no staff present on the forums it seems, at least they don't write anything)

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    No need to tell anyone, FR24 was probably expecting most of the Windows feeders to just stop feeding.
    And they are fine with that.

If you would still like the membership for the site, i'd recommend just getting a dongle and small antenna for the RPi.

I agree the instructions are outdated, that's quite obvious very often in the forum here.
    (Pretty much no staff present on the forums it seems, at least they don't write anything)
    Hi
    Thanks for that, such a shame as its been good feeding data for so long.
    If only they had relayed the data back out of the pi "EXACTLY" the same as what is coming out of the SBS then all would have been fine.

Might set something small up oneday.

Neil